CYMA £35 AK47

davecymru

Hi guys!

Just got a Cyma CM.023 (MP5) off my Local Market for £20! :D

Can't believe how much you get for your money. Hell I wouldn't like to make one for that sort of cash. If your just looking for something to muck around with then these guns are PERFECT. Also I bought a pack of 2000 Double Eagle bb's for £2 and these also seem very good and work well with the gun.

Of course more power would be nice but if your mates are all using Cyma too (which we are) then there's no problem. So far I've only tested the MP5 varients but a AK47 is on it's way. I heard there's one with a metal gearbox, any ideas?

post-18454-1147122117_thumb.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to Arnies! :D

Instead of searching god knows where to find this thread that is half a year old old, you should have just looked on the first page and you would have seen this thread ;) :

Click Me!

Everything you need to know about the CYMA AK with the metal gearbox

edit: can't tell time :blink:

UPDATE:

My dad managed to knock my Cyma 0.23 rifle off it's hanging (6ft high) onto a solid wood floor.

It survived! not even a scratch still shoots fine too. When I heard it go bang I thought thats was it!

Interested in the New Cyma 0.28-s looks awesome for the dollar

I'm sure that double eagle is simular to cyma, as the gear box is the same, I think my double eagle chrono's about, well actually I have no idea, but it would not dent a can, or very slighly if it could. I have once before tried to "upgrade it", when I have some time on my hand, I will take it apart, again and try some more agusting (or more precisaly I am going to put the spring under a lot more compresstion, buy using spring aguster things, meant for my radio controll cars dampers.

Also d.e sig552 will not expect tm mags, the feeding hole is in the wrong place (weather it can be modified I don't know).

If what you say about there mp5 is true then I guess it isn't to bad.

I'm sure that double eagle is simular to cyma, as the gear box is the same, I think my double eagle chrono's about, well actually I have no idea, but it would not dent a can, or very slighly if it could. I have once before tried to "upgrade it", when I have some time on my hand, I will take it apart, again and try some more agusting (or more precisaly I am going to put the spring under a lot more compresstion, buy using spring aguster things, meant for my radio controll cars dampers.

Hi again mario

NEWSFLASH - CYMA AND DOUBLE EAGLE ARENT THE SAME Its like comparing a TM springer to an ICS full metral aeg.

Please Stop posting the false and slanderous ###### about new CYMA guns There not, and never have been associated with a crappy Double eagle springer!

THE CYMA ak47 028/s series rifle goes thru a coke can, chronos at 280-290fps, please please PLEASE stop posting your useless false spam pls

-mike

Hi again mario

NEWSFLASH - CYMA AND DOUBLE EAGLE ARENT THE SAME Its like comparing a TM springer to an ICS full metral aeg.

Please Stop posting the false and slanderous ###### about new CYMA guns There not, and never have been associated with a crappy Double eagle springer!

THE CYMA ak47 028/s series rifle goes thru a coke can, chronos at 280-290fps, please please PLEASE stop posting your useless false spam pls

-mike

Hi,

I am not spaming I am contrubing to a discustion.

There is two cyma ak's, the one with this gear box

gearbox15mv.jpg

Could not shot through a can, infact with that much plastic I dought it could push one over. This is the cheap one the thread talks about, a watse of money which doesn't have much prospect, cost $35 or so. This gear box is the same as a double eagle aeg sig552, or at least extremly simular.

This one however:

PICT0023.JPG

Is the quality version that could indeed go through one side of a can, and is a very nice gun. This one costs $100 and I infact after reading a review of it, feel that it is indeed a quality rifle.

I was at first confussed between the two version, after seeing the cheap one mentioned here, and a more expensive quality one reviewed else were.

I took a big risk in buying one, and i will never look back.

It did take me abit of work to get it set up, but it was something to do and furthered my aeg technical knowledge. And if i would of *fruitcage*ed it up, atleast its only £80 spent as appose to £180

I have had experience of Cyma guns and would not buy another.

That is until Alex Young of Airshooter, who I spent a lot of money with, told me about this latest offering.

He says it is a big cut above the old Cymas and is a much better gun and well made.

It's metal construction with minimal plastic.

He also said the the TM gearbox drops straight in, although I can't quite see why anybody would want to do that, but at least if you bought this gun and it failed, there is an alternative repair available.

I have 4 AK 47's in differing formats including the TM, but not this one. It might be a good idea for me to get one and see how it compares.

If what Alex says is right, then this is a good buy. And at the price I suppose you can buy three for the price of one TM!

A look on his site is worth a shot (excuse the pun!), and I think I'll do that presently.

Gunlady

EDIT :- Been there, done that.... The results are that the gun costs £95, a figure way above the usual Cyma prices, so one can assume (or even expect!) it to be a better model.

The rate of between 750-850 rounds per minute is claimed, from a 390 round mag, so just over a minute's solid shooting per mag.

The battery is an 8.4V Ni-Him, not a NiCad, so is a better battery in my view from my experience in large radio controlled models. It's an 1100mAh one, so not overly powered, they can come with a lot more punch that that. Most of my tanks and trucks use a minimum of 3300mAh.

Power behind each shot is claimed at 300 fps, and once again I will rely on you guys to comment on that one because I don't skirmish.

The rifle weights in at 2.5kg, about 5.5 lbs or so, so is no lightweight plastic job as were its previous cousins.

It is very similar to the TM AK47S, which I have, the wooden-leg butt I call it!, and that cost an awful lot more than £95!

If I get some spare cash I may get on for the hell of it.

Gunlady

EDIT< EDIT :-

I have just done some more 'research' : there are 2 Cyma AK 47's, one is the folding stock @ £95.95, the other a solid stock at varying prices from 29.95.

We are talking about the folding stock version here. I looked on geniestuff and actionhobbies, they both had the solid stock but actionhobbies did also show the folding stock variety @£94.95.

I suspect the solid stock type is an older Cyma model and it doesn't appear to be as well made as the folding stock version which does have the metal body.

While I was there at actionhobbies I also noticed the Leapers UTG master Sniper M324 rifle. I forget the price, but it was reasonable, and it seemed to be ideally suited to skirmish sniping.

gunlady

EDIT< EDIT :-

I have just done some more 'research' : there are 2 Cyma AK 47's, one is the folding stock @ £95.95, the other a solid stock at varying prices from 29.95.

We are talking about the folding stock version here. I looked on geniestuff and actionhobbies, they both had the solid stock but actionhobbies did also show the folding stock variety @£94.95.

I suspect the solid stock type is an older Cyma model and it doesn't appear to be as well made as the folding stock version which does have the metal body.

gunlady

The older model is just a cheap plastic jobbie. the CYMA 028 is a full stock version of the 028s only differance i sthe stocks.

The older model is just a cheap plastic jobbie. the CYMA 028 is a full stock version of the 028s only differance i sthe stocks.

Hi Slacky,

yes, I guessed the full stock was the rubbish version.

The folding stock does seem to be a very different animal though. But at about £100 I wouldn't buy one just to experiment on!

Alex Young (Airshooter) assures me these guns are a far step from the first generation, but you can't find that out until you buy one!

I have the TM folding stock version so don't need to replicate. The TM is a great gun and fires well. It's very well made and rubust too.

I once bought a MP40 that was made in China and it was awful. The power was fantastic, but it was so bad at accuracy it became positively dangerous. I fitted an extension barrel inside the fore end and that did help a lot, but it never actually cured the wildness of the shots. So I have never bought a Chinese airsoft gun since.

I'd like the MP5A5, but not in a Chinese make......

I did buy a Chinese air gun, but that's another and very successful story....

Gunlady

even for folks who have a few quid these latest CYMAs etc are worth a look with VCR bill coming up

300 quid buys you an AK and M4 and an MP5 with chargers and batteries

3 guns you can have a play around with, take to a skirmish, bulk out a collection, cut your teeth on upgrades with etc

3 guns you can use to justify your need to import/buy metal bodies etc (after the VCR comes in and stops us buying any more complete guns)

so if your considering laying out 300 quid on 'just one more AEG before the VCR bill comes in' these could be worth considering

year or two down the line when you've kitted em out with metal bodies, fancy-shmansy gucci internals etc it wont really matter what they actually started out as.

That's what I was thinking. Probably wouldn't use it much now, but once the VCR kicks in, it's a nice little project gun.

:zorro:

I am also thinking along those lines, thats why I am also tempted by the stti guns they are also a good price, and as you say in the future would be even nicer with some new bits and boobs put inside. What other cyma guns are they of the same quality, theres an mp5 right?, is there a k version out? any armalites?

I was wondering about buying the MP5 CYMA CM.025 SD6, its looks preaty neat. And do they do M4s?

if youre planning to skirmish it or really do anything with it other than hang it on the wall then the 027J and the 028S/028 models (the 95 quid ones) are the only ones that deserve the term AEG

All the other earlier lower numbered ones are low powered electric guns

for a cheap n cheerful M4 the AIM one is your best bet - 95 quid for the AIM on its own (something like £110 £120 with battery and charger)

I want something cheap as now my team has a skirmishing ground which is outside and some have already broken their rifles from jumping off roofs :P I dont want to waste hundreads of pounds on something that could be broken.

Do you have a link to the AIM one?

in depth look at it

one site that seems to sell it is airsoft scotland (98 quid for the gun on its own no battery or charger) other one is airsoft mart but they seem to be out of stock

jumping off roofs though.. id be looking for something made from steel for that but then Id land a bit more heavily than some other folks :)

hey!!! not that heavily lol

Archived