T2 shotgun from marushin

TritonV10

Im SO buying that!

lol... buying what, the shotgun or the space revolver? LMAO

Man this thread has gotten me LMAO'ing in real life... all the precious moments from T2, the rose box... I love when he takes the guy's gas mask off and is like "Here, hold this." That movie is so great....

Too bad you probably won't be able to do the awesome loading action he does... Or maybe they anticipate everyone's gonna try to do it and they'll make metal parts. I mean... who hasn't broken the cocking handle on their TM MP5? It's irresistable....

I am getting the AK-74M when it comes out, so I can't get this. Although it looks pretty freakin cool... But you'd have to ride up to the skirmish on a Harley that you stole from a biker bar...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

hey well i just opened my out of the box and all i can say is wow. this thing is cool. Its heavy and pretty solid, you can forget swinging it around by the lever, too much mass in the front of the gun. loading isn't the easiest thing in the world, you can load between one and three, looks amazing, and the sound of it is pretty intimidating. the shells are of good quality, but seem a bit small, like the m1100 shells. the fake wood looks decent as well, one problem is that it has a small gas tank that seems to get like 7 shots off before needing a refill. i'll post more when i can.

According to the news page, Wolf Armouies have the T2 shotgun in stock. Although i cant seem to find it on there website i arent sure whether to get it from Wolf or WGC.

WGC gave me a quote, it's close to a 148 quid so i wonder if Wolf will beat that.

hey well i just opened my out of the box and all i can say is wow.  this thing is cool. Its heavy and pretty solid, you can forget swinging it around by the lever, too much mass in the front of the gun. loading isn't the easiest thing in the world, you can load between one and three,  looks amazing, and the sound of it is pretty intimidating.  the shells are of good quality, but seem a bit small, like the m1100 shells.  the fake wood looks decent as well, one problem is that it has a small gas tank that seems to get like 7 shots off before needing a refill. i'll post more when i can.

sounds very cool, though can i ask you one question: what kind of power does the gun have

I just watched T2 today, and the shells that eject (when he's walking in the hallway in the mall) are blue, like the ones in the Marushin.

Personally, I think that you shouldn't be able to use this gun unless you have a Harley, a leather biker jacket, a huge built body, and cool *albatross* sunglasses, because the fat redneck that T101 steals it from looks retarded with it.

I love how he walks with it held straight up in the air... ready to kill anything that so much as looks at him the wrong way.

My Olympus Airsoft Rep just dropped mine off. I don’t have any gas at work so I can’t test fire it but I can answer questions if anyone has one now.

A couple things of note:

1. It specifically says in the manual (I’m sure it’s actually written but as my Kanji sucks I can’t tell you the exact phrase but there’s a pretty picture with a red X thru it) NOT to one hand swing cock the gun. Does that mean I paid attention? Hell no. The gun is heavy but it is more than possible to do it. Do you want to? The entire firing mechanism is metal but the body frame is plastic. As speculated, repeated swing cocking will break the frame. Though I can’t be sure, after my 5 or 6 swing cocks I think I have some stress fractures. Be warned.

2. When you open the chamber to reload….the shells fly up and back, right at your face. Extra shells are loaded from the same ejection port. By pushing down on the shell cradle you get access to the shell tube.

3. When the chamber is open you get access to the gas reservoir. The gun comes with an extension tube (more squat but similar to the one that comes with Tanaka revolvers). The reservoir isn’t very big (size estimation) but that doesn’t mean much. You have to access it by turning the gun upside down.

4. Shells are hard plastic and very sturdy, unlike the Maruzen ones. Since I haven’t fired the gun I don’t know what will happen after a little usage.

5. The wood paneling looks like ######. Just like ######. Brown plastic, not faux wood. Disappointing but I really don’t care.

6. The gun comes with a tube like key that you put in the barrel, the same place as the shell goes. I’m not really sure what it’s for, but my Olympus rep and I fancy the idea of it being a Hop adjuster. Again, as I can’t read Japanese, I really don’t know.

Over all, without having fired the gun, I can really say I like this piece. It’s a big heavy beast and the lever action is just….cool.

I’ll try to take some pics and write a review tonight….but no matter what I’ll post about how it fires tomorrow.

I'll try an write a better review later but....

I love this gun....and it's been awhile since I've loved a new gun.

I had the total opposite experience Rabbit had. On one gas fill I shot over 30 shells, with a slight drop in velocity after 25. Power? STUPID HARD!!! It's nay to impressive when you dry fire it, but shoot a round thru it and you can almost hear the screams. I have a "Big Red" chrono and with green gas these were the stats (this was after 20 shots had been thru the gun already so the pressure was starting to go, as you will see):

Now the bag of 8MM's didn't have a weight so I used my gram scale to weigh one....I didn't recalibrate the scale however as I'm having trouble rationalizing my numbers. The scale I have said 1 round was .4 to .5 grams. So I thought, maybe .43? Well if that's the case this gun is shooting VERY hot. Hotter than my rules in Minnesota allow for indoor OR outdoor.

I did some can tests too. At point blank range 1 round went thru both sides of a Coke can, both sitting up and thru the bottom (2 shots). At 10 feet it cleared both sides with ease. At 20 1 shot made it thru both sides and my next two just ripped the ###### out of the front of the can. At 30, and this is as far as I did can tests, it still ripped the front of the can open but wouldn't go thru. I also shot an aluminum paint can at 15 feet and it left a Hell of a dent.

The shells take 1, 2, or 3 rounds....and when the gun is gassed up....they fly. BB's 2 and 3 have a pretty wide range after 30 feet but the first round was on target (relatively, it is a shotgun). After my "official" testing was done I was sitting around my house looking for things to shoot and not break (you all know what I'm talking about) and shot a metal file cabinet from 15 feet with a shell carrying 3 rounds. All rounds hit and each left a significant dent in the cabinet.

The shells are shorter than the Maruzen ones but the same circumfrance. They are also a smooth shiny mold as compared to the Maruzen's grooved texture.

Other things of note:

Loading is still a pain. My thumb was raw after loading shells.

When you cock the gun you have to do it....with purpose. Quick cocking either doesn't load the shell or causes it to jam up. Nothing serious but you'd be better to practice cocking it as I had some issues when I started.

The gun will hold 5 shells in the tube and one in the chamber (only comes with 5).

There is no saftey on this gun. When the hammer is back, the lever is locked. When it's not, the lever will open with a gust of wind....OK maybe it's not that bad but it does open easily. I also found that if you have the tube loaded with 5 shells it actually puts resistance on the lever, causing it to cock open. What I found works best for me (with 2 packs of shells still on the way) was to load all 5 shells into the tube, close the breech empty, then cock the hammer. This leaves the gun relatively safe (no shell to shoot) but also keeps the lever locked. This doesn't mean the lever action is clunky by any means, it is smooth, you just need to get used to it....and I'll admit I probably spent an hour cocking the lever.

Trademarks....for those who care. The right side of the gun says:

T2 is a Registered Trademark of StudioCanal Image S.A.

And the left has a logo with an R W in a circle with a larger script like W overlapping it. I have no knowledge of real steel guns so I don't know what that means.

No sites on this gun to speak of but it's a shotgun. With one round though, this gun is pretty accurate. When I was actually trying to hit something I adopted the cross over arm stance.

I guess that's it until the review (which I'm terrible at follow thru). I have pics but no vids. Further questions are welcome.

Oh....I'd love to get real wood panels and a solid stock for this gun.....

*Oh, I only used Green Gas (HFC22) in this gun.

Any word on a full length buttstock and a barrel/mag tube extension set for this thing yet? It has a certain Peckinpah-esque thing going (one of my favorite movies being "the wild bunch") that I kind of like, but not as a sawed off :-)

Oh, if only they could start making the Winchester 1897 pump...

yeah im not sure what's up with my gas tank, i'm using green gas and it seems not to hold much of it at all, almost as if it is coming out the side, when it does hold it only gets like 5 shots, tops. although power is nice with 3 .34 gram 8mm. Just can't seem to get the gas to hold. I totally agree about cocking it with force, if you don't your likely to get a a dry fire where no shell is loaded into the chamber. If anyone has had similar issues with the gas let me know.

Archived