Emo: a sensible discussion

Sledge

I blame Sledge :D he drove them all to it.

But seriously, well done Thomme for hitting something bang on the head, whatever that may be :huh: ... It was still a very good point.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hardcore, "Emo," I guess.  Everyone I know called me, "Emo Kid," or, "Emo Boy," or, "Emo," but... I don't take it as an insult.  I listen to music that's lyrics go, "I can't make it on my own becuase my heart in Ohio, so cut my wrists and block my eyes so I can't fall asleep tonight," (Hawthorne Hieghts, "Ohio in For Loves,") and, "I dragged your ghost across the country and we plotted out my death and every city and memory would whisper, 'here is where you rest,'" (Bright Eyes, "The Calander Hung Itself,") and wear tight jeans and T-shirts and Chuck Taylors and Vans and am going to dye my hair black and write haikus and such...

but...

Emo is sort of a renesaince of music... and "life style," even... seriously.  At shows, I see a lot more alcoholic 20-somethings that dress the part perfectly and probably wouldn't leave for the show if they weren't wearing the perfect necklace bracelet combination or laced their chuck taylors just right, becuase it's become a game to them.  Let's face it... you all are misconcieving Dashboard Confessional and Taking Back Sunday as the deep, dark depths of Emo, and they are not.  Dashboard Confessional is the side project of Chris Carraba, the old lead singer of Further Seems Forever, and Drive Thru records heard him on tape and said, "we've just gotta sell this to MTV," and they did.  Although it is whiney music, it's not truly "emo," and neither are the skanky cheerleaders in their abercrombie shirts, pleated skirts and daddy's GM suburban that drive around suburbia listening to it whose biggest issue is that the linebacker on the school football team won't date her and she can't score more weed.

So, as you all can tell, all this, "Emo," BS that you complain about... it's all a misconception.

Also... it's becuase this generation is raised on their emotions.  And some of us aren't.  So, it's just a differance in raising.  Some kids get angry when something happens and listen to Papa Roach and Megadeth and others get sad and listen to Alkaline Trio and Hot Water Music

Personally... I blame Hot Topic, Oprah and Doctor Phil

*fruitcage* ya. This man knows what he's talking about!

Also, I want to be like the other cool kids in the thread Joking :P ) so

Welcome to the lonesome world of abel

Where every brother’s knife is set to slay you

And paranoia keeps you healthy

Crooked deals can make you wealthy

Serum vials to help you when you’re sad

Every other face is bent and broken

Wrap your teeth around the only game in town

Made your clothes from insulation

Break your day for pay and ration

Hide

Hide

Hide

+1 to anyone (besides enzo) who can tell me the band or name of the song ^_^

And we're back again to the actual deifintion and the forum definition of Emo.

The effective definiton doesn't matter here, although Thomme hits it on the head rather well - EMO on this forum has become shorthand for attention seeking twunts who want us all to know how hard their life is. In a lot of cases, this emotion is at least misplaced if not downright stupid.

"My girlfriend of three weeks dumped me, I'm gonna slit my wrists."

###### off, you are not. They just want the attention, and then they complain when that attention is negative.

And Rocky gets full marks for missing the point - we have no problem with 'Emo' kids such as Thomme, or yourself.

ON THIS FORUM, the term EMO has become synonymous with attention seeking whiny spacktards. I recgognise, as do most users, that this isn't necessarily the case for all kids who are 'emo' but this is entirely the point I was making and you were missing.

If all you want to do is whine and *badgeress* about how hard your life is, *fruitcage* off. We don't kow you, we don't care.

If you have a genuine issue, then most users will try and offer advice, and sympathy. IF all they are doing is throwing a pity party, then they will get the business end of a flamethrower.

I'm sorry but EMO kids just need a good smack in the chops and to be told

if your not goth CHEER THE *fruitcage* UP.

I suppose that now all A level results are out it's going to be EMO season,

"well you should have studied a bit harder you little numptys"

There can be NO sensible discussion about EMO it will die out in a month or two

just like garage, drum n bass, new metal.

then they will just become shoe gazers and pot noodle eating,I'm so independent

it hurts camden lock dwellers ( the ones who wear make-up and spray dye there hair for the weekend )

ARAHHHHHH FKIN HATE-EM

I'm sorry but EMO kids just need a good smack in the chops and to be told

if your not goth CHEER THE *fruitcage* UP.

I suppose that now all A level results are out it's going to be EMO season,

"well you should have studied a bit harder you little numptys"

then they will just become shoe gazers and pot noodle eating,I'm so independent

it hurts camden lock dwellers ( the ones who wear make-up and spray dye there hair for the weekend )

ARAHHHHHH FKIN HATE-EM

aargghh, i *fruitcage* hate you!

honestly, if you can't be arsed to read the previous few posts, dont bother posting, you steriotypical cock!

Look at it from this perspective, what if the wrist slashing crying, dark depressed emos are the real emos, and people who say they're emo but happy are the posere, and what if none of you are really emo?

quite the philosopher, aren't we, stop trying to screw things up...

Just as i read that this came on on my winamp ...

D:\Music\VA - Ministry Of Sound - Maximum Bass\CD1\15 Jungle Brothers - Jungle Brother (Urban Takeover Mix).mp3

Just need find some new metal now.

EDIT: I've been called Emo for about half a year now, maybe even longer ... It's nothing new.

Aye I don't class my self as emo but I do have a somewhat a pesmistic pov in life. To be honest i hate when people insult people who have are hard time because i've been there i know what its like. I can tolerate so much of this cnostant whining to as I'm tolerable guy. Howevery I do see more people bantering on how bad emo is yet they don't know what it truely is.

Your just a single minded fool.

I will think that you might find i'm older and wiser than you, and have lived the life

and know of what i speak when you think about this thread in a month or two

then reply ( if you haven't done us all a favour and slit your wrists)

children children children you just all want to get noticed but your whiney voices

are so small and pre-pubescent.

What i'm trying to say is try living, loving,losing before inflicting you ###### on anyone else.

Rocky, calm down.

We're all agreed that stereotyping is bad. Wasnotgood, not all goths are depressed either, so let's not even GO there.

Basicaly, the consensus of the thread; nothing wrong with being emo, in the correct definition of the word. However, as far as the fourm defines it, to whit, being a whiny attention seeking pillock, just go away.

I will think that you might find i'm older and wiser than you, and have lived the life

and know of what i speak when you think about this thread in a month or two

then reply ( if you haven't done us all a favour and slit your wrists)

children children children you just all want to get noticed but your whiney voices

are so small and pre-pubescent.

What i'm trying to say is try living, loving,losing before inflicting you ###### on anyone else.

I've been through everything on your list, and I don't feel the need to inflict my ###### on anyone else ...

And if you'd read any of this thread you know that's not what EMO truely is, that's just what EMO is classed as on this forum.

###### off with your single minded ######.

You say how Emo's just annoy people for the attention, it seems your posts seem to be doing the same.

I know some emos...they can be nice people. I even have some emo friends. But some can be bitter, mean, and hateful, the type of people with inferiorty complexes, they just express it differently.

The only thing that truly bothers me about emo, is that the music is just plain awful, and that the emo-look is...odd. The fact that some of them are just plain poopies is a problem that includes all of humanity, so I don't hold against the emo group ;)

Archived