AK47 to be the next AEG by UTG!

staticzero

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these UTG guns (if they prove to be reliable) will give new players a solid, affordable entry package, AND they'll give seasoned players a chance to explore different guns without breaking the bank. Can't argue with that!

I was happy to find out about the AK, if only because of the imminent ICS an CA offerings, I was recently thinking about getting an AK. I really want to get something that's full wood and metal (I have often considered building up a CETME), and I was originally thinking an ICS or CA AK plus a wood kit would be a a good choice. However, I don't think I'd really use an AK much in games, so the cost of it all turned me off a bit.

Now I've switched to thinking about a TM M1A1 tweaked to look more like a 1928, with custom drum mag and used real-steel wood furniture (and a violin case of course). . .

I still want an AK though, and this should do nicely. :) Plus I could always slap a wood kit on it if I wanted to, since parts for TM guns will be compatible. Maybe after using this one, I'll like it enough to consider investing in a CA or ICS, and then (hopefully) I can transplant the wood kit to that.

Well, the MP5 hasn't been out very long- although the initial look seems to be very positive, it still hasn't passed the test of time.

But if it really is as good as they're saying it is, we can expect the same from the AK. :)

Seriously people, whats so hard to understand in his post? AK47=AEG Mp5 (not the one thats out now)=springer. Not only that, but it's been said a few times.

Anyway, my point with the AK is that it won't have a metal upper reciever, so if I got the wood kits/lower reciever, I would still have an abs upper reciever :angry: . I could probably find a tm one somewhere, but like most of us, not sure about getting all that for something I wouldn't use as much as a gun that even with everything I want on it is about $300 cheaper.

Don't tell me to get a job, I'm looking for one right now so its not like I'm complaining about money and not doing anything about it. And even when I get a job, I don't know if I wanna spend all that money on something I won't use that much...not matter how cool it is :(

Sledge; True I guess, me just being paranoid and sceptical of certain retailers and their pricing policies, I mean, they buy in bulk from the east, so the wholesale is pittance in comparison to the retail, I'm guessing at least a 100% markup? Going by what they charge for excels, £10 at AD, £5.50 at Flecktarn, why the huge difference? I know profit, but lower prices means more customers. Horses for courses really. Maybe I wouldn't whine so much if this country wasn't so criminal (17.5% VAT, hate seeing what this really goes on)

Maybe I wouldn't whine so much if this country wasn't so criminal (17.5% VAT, hate seeing what this really goes on)

Stop complaining. Your VAT is one of the lowest. Here is 20%. Overall we are 2nd most taxed country in the EU if not in the world. :angry:

You should be as happy as a Frenchman who has just invented a pair of self removing trousers.(quote from Black Adder) :D

Did everyone hear that? The folks in HK didn't get something first for a change! w00t! :D

:zorro:

<_<

Of course. TM, G&G, CA, ICS... all those guns are so cheap in Hong Kong already, they don't need any cheaper/lower quality alternatives, so the demand is not that great. Sledge, Hong Kong people still have the last laugh.

Yup.

Even if the UTG Mp5 comes out in the UK for 100 pounds (VERY generous estimate), it'll still be cheaper in HK to get an ICS Mp5.

:P

Archived