MGS4! Guns of the Patriots

catsfrommars

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, I'm rather surprised by the progress on MGS4 considering the time it took between the past installations.  It does seem interesting that M4s are still around in the future (guess the XM8 project didn't get anywhere. :lol:)

The M4 is going to be around until we stop using ballistic projectiles to kill each other. Besides, its probably an HK416/M5 carbine of some sort. Also, did the handgun the micro Rex(thats what I'm callin' those walkers, so bare with me here)give the soldier look a lot like a 1911 variant, or I am just hoping? Could be a Sig or XD of some kind too, though. hey, maybe Snake had the launcher hidden up his *albatross* like he did with teh cigs years precious! :mellow:

I dont get where that M203 appeared from in the trailer...

What's there not to get? If you have played any MGS games on PS/PS2, you'd realized Snake obviously has some kind of invisible backpack with huge capacity, and he can just whip a racket laucher or sniper rifle out of it whenever you press the R1 button. :lol:

What's there not to get?  If you have played any MGS games on PS/PS2, you'd realized Snake obviously has some kind of invisible backpack with huge capacity, and he can just whip a racket laucher or sniper rifle out of it whenever you press the R1 button. :lol:

Yeah, I took a four foot Russian racket launcher out my butt pack in MGS3 and showed them KGB boys how to to play the tennis. :D My favorite was Raidena nd his two extra pistol mag holders with about 20 different firearms on him, and easily 30+ accessories. ah, the good life. Running full speed with hundreds of pounds of gear on, and not making a sound.

Yeah, I took a four foot Russian racket launcher out my butt pack in MGS3 and showed them KGB boys how to to play the tennis. :D  My favorite was Raidena nd his two extra pistol mag holders with about 20 different firearms on him, and easily 30+ accessories. ah, the good life. Running full speed with hundreds of pounds of gear on, and not making a sound.

Hehe, yep, and from the trailer of MGS4, it doesn't seem that's about to change anytime soon. :P

wonder what the sidearm will be. i hope they deviate from the Mk. 23 and stick with the USP from MGS2. i just like the USP so much more. and none of that tactical ######.

i've noticed that at the end of the credits of MGS 2 and 3, and the remake of 1, Tokyo Marui shows up. which leads me to believe that they supply most of the models for in-game rendering. plus, most of the guns used are made by TM. the M-4, M16 vn, AK-47, SOCOM (it has the old style slide and frame too), USP (springer), M9. sherif also shows up in the credits (custom 1911 in MGS3).

long story short(er), looks awesome.

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread (I didn't see it last time I skimmed over it, but I could have missed it) but has anyone watched the special features disc that comes with MGS2? There's a 'behind the scenes featurette' type thing that shows the Konami team practicing what looked like room clearance and other CQB tactics. I havn't watched it in years and my brother sold his copy so I can't go look it up, but from what I remember they did the training to understand the proper techniques that are used, so that when they were programming the soldiers in the game they could add as much realism as possible. That's probably where Tokyo Marui were involved :)

...he can just whip a racket laucher

Anyone for tennis?

"Snake, here's how to play tennis. First, equip your racket with the R2 button. Then enter First Person Mode by holding down R1..."

Do you think Campbell tells Snake EVERYTHING?

"Here's how to take a dump, Snake. First, approach the toilet and press the Action Button to drop your trousers. Press the left analog stick in the direction of the toilet. Then rotate the right analog stick to start straining..."

:zorro:

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread (I didn't see it last time I skimmed over it, but I could have missed it) but has anyone watched the special features disc that comes with MGS2?

I don't have any special features disc with my MGS2: SOL. :huh: Or did you mean the PC/Xbox version?

What's there not to get?  If you have played any MGS games on PS/PS2, you'd realized Snake obviously has some kind of invisible backpack with huge capacity, and he can just whip a racket laucher or sniper rifle out of it whenever you press the R1 button. :lol:

Yeah, I took a four foot Russian racket launcher out my butt pack in MGS3 and showed them KGB boys how to to play the tennis. :D  My favorite was Raidena nd his two extra pistol mag holders with about 20 different firearms on him, and easily 30+ accessories. ah, the good life. Running full speed with hundreds of pounds of gear on, and not making a sound.

Or Leon in Resident Evil 4 with his attaché case up his rear.

Sledge where does one go to think like you. :D

Speaking of TM the Metal Gear Staff used the TM guns as models to render them in-game. They also have a military expert (for all 3 games) come in and show them the ropes of CQB and CQC techniques. For MGS3 they actually went to a sort of 'camp out' where they took hikes to get familiar with what a jungle look like. They even played a game of airsoft. (what an excuse to go out and play 'it's for work' they say)

For MGS2 they played airsoft in their office to 'get a better feel for the game'.

Archived