MAD BULL Landmine blue print

madbull

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were the BB's hit is a big factor will it spray up to the upper body(underneath chin ears etc) or just hit lower bodys legs down ?

Direction and power come into this

and also is there gnna be more then one exit point meaning that ppl around u would be hit eg.

side bb exit points spray outward centrel ones spray inwards,as in real life (realism) not just the guy who steps onit is gnna be hit (sprapnel)

or this may make skirmishing a bit lame ?

Better yet, make a decent re-usable claymore.

I am going to have to agree here, with it being buried in the ground you have the risk of getting foreign material such as dust and sand into the mechanisms and into the BB chambers. Or you could make it a tree or wall mounted "proxy mine", and instead of it being activated by pushing on the pin, have it activated like a trip-wire system. That way the mine wouldn't need to be buried and you could easily conceal it on a tree with some leaves or moss.

This is a horrible idea. First, as has been stated, I'm not getting shot in the nuts with one of these things and walking away happily. Second, if the thing actually manages to somehow power through the dirt and still have some decent power, it could manage to end up shooting up into someone's face mask(no real protection from one place, the bottom)

I think doing this like one of the audible claymores would be the smartest way to approach the idea of a landmine. Make it a fully enclosed container and when someone steps on it, an alarm goes off, the person who set it off is dead. Not as cool as the idea of said person being plastered with bb's, I'll agree, but I don't see this working in practice.

i.e. You step on it, it activates, you step off of it and it fires.

(Like the training mines the US military uses.)

quoted for truth

Using the mine as a tripmine would just need attachment points/holes for slings at the bottom side. That way you could stick it to a tree by wrapping the slings around it for example. And of course a secondary/different trigger mechanism would be needed but I guess that wouldnt be too hard to include.

If I remember correctly there is already an airsoft mine, but it only shoots gas and babypowder. I think the problem with a BB/PB one os clearly the balance between the gas amount needed for mud/sand/leaves who have to be broken through and the...well...risk of the BBS hitting the wrong areas too hard :P I dont really have an answer myself on this problem...

About the trigger being too small, I see a lot of circular space around the trigger, I suggest designing the trigger like a flattened mushroom, covering the top from the center to the holes.

Oh and about the spreading issue, you can always have the holes arranged like this / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ (with every line being a hole) in a circle.

i gotta say, i would buy one to test, and if I liked it i would buy 3-4 more

As will I. Mine field in a box anyone?

This is a horrible idea.  First, as has been stated, I'm not getting shot in the nuts with one of these things and walking away happily.  Second, if the thing actually manages to somehow power through the dirt and still have some decent power, it could manage to end up shooting up into someone's face mask(no real protection from one place, the bottom)

I think doing this like one of the audible claymores would be the smartest way to approach the idea of a landmine.  Make it a fully enclosed container and when someone steps on it, an alarm goes off, the person who set it off is dead.  Not as cool as the idea of said person being plastered with bb's, I'll agree, but I don't see this working in practice.

Alls fair in Love and War. In the US we must have Full eye seal goggles. so no worries.

This is a horrible idea.  First, as has been stated, I'm not getting shot in the nuts with one of these things and walking away happily.  Second, if the thing actually manages to somehow power through the dirt and still have some decent power, it could manage to end up shooting up into someone's face mask(no real protection from one place, the bottom)

I think doing this like one of the audible claymores would be the smartest way to approach the idea of a landmine.  Make it a fully enclosed container and when someone steps on it, an alarm goes off, the person who set it off is dead.  Not as cool as the idea of said person being plastered with bb's, I'll agree, but I don't see this working in practice.

I was gonna post the same. I do NOT want a load of BB's flying up my nose, thank you very much, nor do I want them whizzing under my mask/glasses.

Yes, I know it would be fun to use, but I honestly don't consider the idea of a vertical launcher at ground level safe.

I had an idea for a remote control audio bomb, but so far I've not got round to it so if someone actually made them I'd be a happy bunny.

Well, to be truely effective you would need to lay at least 8 - 10 to make sure someone steps on that tiny button detonator. Making the whole top the trigger would be better. As Tank said, having the mine release on removal of foot pressure would be a nice feature.

As others have mentioned, getting the power sufficient to clear any overlaying covering and still project bb's may be a problem, as would having the bb's propelled straight upwards. An angle of 45 degrees would be safer as it would be less likely to hit anyone straight up under their glasses/goggles.

Dull green or brown would be suitable camo colours, and if the bodies were moulded in that colour it would maintain their appearance.

The risk of losing one would reduce the chances of deploying it in a hurry, so possibly only sites would purchase these in any number to make it viable.

Having a trip wire option would be nice, but would appear to complicate a rather nice design.

Having a trip wire/remote trigger on a copy of a claymore would possibly be a better seller as there is more chance of getting a 'kill'

remote trigger on a copy of a claymore would possibly be a better seller as there is more chance of getting a 'kill'

OMG! If you could make a remote mine that would be amazing! Other than the few concerns raised on the forum the design is very very nice. I saw the picture and thought Oooo! Golden Eye 64! Tripwire, remote detonator, or claymore remake, I think it will sell

I can already see that this won't be reusable without having to clean it out completeley. If you're gonna bury it, dirt is gonna get into everything. I say skip all the O-rings and use a 12gram CO2 source. That way you don't have to worry about seals or anything. Plus is people are gonna step on it, I would make sure that it can stand up to 300+ pounds of pressure.

Okay... for all you numb-nuts saying make it fire on 12g co2's That has to be REGULATED CO2. You can't just hit a nail into one of those and not expect it to launch into, and through you.

I think the nut shot thing is a valid point. I like my boys.

And as for the post about US having to use full seal... What are you talking about?! I've played airsoft all over the north-east and mid-atlantic... and every place I go to has different eye protection and fps rules.

looks cool... a good idea me thinks.

varients to prevent the whole bb nut sack cenario could be

To put water in it.... whoever is wet is a kill?

you could also to prevent dirt issue supply them with like 30 - 40 thin bits of cling wrap cut in circles, so when you clip it together or w/e the clingwrap seals all the holes... no dirt inside and when it fires it removes all the dirt from around them anyhow....

+ the babypowder if you used it would be held in...

I like the idea of making the trigger so it goes off when presure is released... as you could then set it as a trap... placing a cheap unused pistol or w/e ontop of it and burying some of it in the dirt... so when a passer by walks past and sees a droped gun... picks it up... you get the idea...

anyhow thats my thoughts :)

The mine seems cool, but I can see a few problem.  I think people would lose them/not be able to find them.  By the way, how many would one need to actually make sure someone steps on one?  Armies put down entire minefields to ensure the enemy steps on one.

That is true...

Maybe we should design the booby mine first.

:)

You can use a line to launch the booby mine...

Archived