P90, Real vs. Airsoft

eltee

Anyone care to compare a TM Leopard with the real thing? ;)

BTW, original poster, DAMN YOU!!!! I've resisted buying a P90 for well over a year and then you stirred up all those desires again and I've gone and bought one!!! :)

Cheers

Yea...and I NEVER thought I'd get involved in airsofts until I went to an airsoft store and my eyes glazed over. There must have been some sort of neurogas in that store...my credit card was smoking all the way home from my first visit. I brought in my real M4 as they wanted to see it and almost left it behind as I was so taken by my new, modified by them, P90.

FYI, I acquired the FN sling for my airsoft, fits perfectly and I have the US Secret Service carry case for it, also fits perfect. I'll take some photos of both and post later. Yes, if it was a real steel P90 I could shoot it from inside the case but I may modify it to allow me to do it with my airsoft.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eltee, do you use Armalites frequently?

I wonder if you could answer a couple of questions, namely:

1 - Are the handguards shiny and smooth, compared to the textured

stock, or are they textured like the stock?

2 - Do you often see M4s with full M16-style stocks?

3 - What's the texture of the receiver like? Is it black or grey, and it is smooth and shiny or matt in texture?

Cheers, and keep it up, your experience is invaluable! I don't think I've ever read a more interesting thread!

I can answer those.

1) Theyre smooth, and matte. Not shiny, glossy, or slick. Very nice feel, got a set on my M16.

2) I dunno about LT, but I see full stocks all the time at the ranges I frequent..then again, I live in So Cal...so that kinda kills that question.

3) All sorts of different colors, I've seen from light greys to jet black. But all had a nice matte finish, and smooth to the touch with a VERY light texture.

Anyone care to compare a TM Leopard with the real thing? ;)

BTW, original poster, DAMN YOU!!!! I've resisted buying a P90 for well over a year and then you stirred up all those desires again and I've gone and bought one!!! :)

Cheers

So, you going to put a review of the P90 on your website soon? I thought the TM P90 without a metal body upgrade was too light for me. I also asked someone at an airsoft store about those new cheap $50 P90, and he said the performance of those were like the mini AEGs, but they do use rechargable batteries.

>> Snowman, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! The TM P90 is boring as hell to shoot! Get a Toytec!

Really? Know who said "Toytec P90 is powerless. Its ROF is slow and internals are not durable."? ;)

Nah - All those bloody hoses and regulators aren't for me.

Hate to say it, but I can see why the 'classics' died out...

I wonder if the AEP will do for GBB pistols, too?

Cheers.

What's realistic about dragging a gas tank around and having hoses between them and the gun?

At least GBBs are self contained...

I can see the GBB going the way of the 'classic' rifles, though, simply because MOST people want something that will just work when you pull the trigger.

Practical shooting will probably keep a hard core of GBBs around, but I won't be surprised to hear people saying that GBBs are too much trouble.

Cheers.

In all honesty, a 6mm hose and a tank is a small tradeoff for what you get with gas rifles. At least in MY opinion. Besides, many operators use retention lanyards and camelbak systems, but none have whiny guns with a delay in semi auto mode.

And true, most people just want something that spits out bb's, that's why you see people with Mp5ks that has scopes, drum mags, 2 lights, a laser, and 500fps upgrades.

And MOST classics aren't even blowback, are they? ;)

Anyway, I was playing devil's advocate to a degree.

Still AEGs are here to stay (and a Toytec P90 doesn't sound too great... :unsure:). Sure shooting them's not that much fun, but I still like the P90 and the AEG is a good buy, with minimal hassle.

I expect a CO2 rig would cost me more than the AEG has! There's just not the support for classics in the UK that you have in the US and a Palmer's regulator will probably cost £100-£150 before you start thinking about gas bottles, refills, hoses, something to carry a gas bottle in....

Mmmmm - Now that MP5K sounds L33T! ;)

Cheers.

Eltee, is airsoft use in training becoming common in the States now? I'm in the UK; I've considered joining the Special Constabulary, and I know quite a few people in the police force, and I'm also hoping to start an airsoft society. But of course I want the soc to keep a good reputation, so I reckoned I'd keep the police in the loop.

But that gave me an idea. British armed officers don't get much opportunity to train force-on-force, as I understand it, so I thought I might be able to arrange some sort of deal with the Constabulary.

Anyway, I'd be quite interested in any airsoft training information you have - can I contact you off-board with a few questions?

As for the P90, during my military service I had the privilege of visiting the FN factory in Herstal in Belgium. Their showroom is... quite astonishing. I can't wait for airsoft versions of the Five-seveN, the FN Police Shotgun, the F2000... and the M3M....

Eltee, is airsoft use in training becoming common in the States now? I'm in the UK; I've considered joining the Special Constabulary, and I know quite a few people in the police force, and I'm also hoping to start an airsoft society. But of course I want the soc to keep a good reputation, so I reckoned I'd keep the police in the loop.

But that gave me an idea. British armed officers don't get much opportunity to train force-on-force, as I understand it, so I thought I might be able to arrange some sort of deal with the Constabulary.

Anyway, I'd be quite interested in any airsoft training information you have - can I contact you off-board with a few questions?

As for the P90, during my military service I had the privilege of visiting the FN factory in Herstal in Belgium. Their showroom is... quite astonishing. I can't wait for airsoft versions of the Five-seveN, the FN Police Shotgun, the F2000... and the M3M....

I wouldn't say airsoft is common yet, but it is used. Paintball probably still predominates in the field of force/force training, then simunitions/airmunitions, then maybe airsoft (or, as in my case, simunitions and airsoft combined). When I went to SWAT school (to become a certified SWATOLOGIST) we had to face a local paintball team who had setup ambushes or were in the cars we were pulling over. Lots of paint on all the cops.

I will PM you with more.

Archived