Clip/magazine

Sledge

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, Winged Sheep of Stupor! Rend the infidel helpless with hours of Terry and June until he beggeth for mercy at the feet of Myleen and the other ones whose names I can't remember right now, including (yeah and verily!) the one like unto Shrek himself.

Edit: don't worry kids, Hear'Say cannot reform now that one of them's married to Darren Day. It's the law.

Someone married Darren Day? Was it that black guy who looked gay? (Proud to say I can't remember the names of the band members. I think one was called Suzanne, but I only remember that because she was in one of those leaked celeb sex tapes.)

:zorro:

I think she's the one who married Darren Day, but to be on the safe side I think I'll just go and er, give her a Google...

The point that "everybody knows what it means" isn't valid. How about if I spelled your nick "Slegde" all the time? Surely everybody knows who I mean and the world doesn't come to an end if I spell it that way.

And you can't say it's wrong, because Slegde has now a double meaning and it's my slang version of your nick. Soon this idea will spread and everyone will call you Slegde, and it will be a perfectly acceptable way to spell your nick.

-Sale

Er, the fullstop is inside the speechmarks because that's the correct way to do it.

:zorro:

http://www.betterwritingskills.com/article...ation-marks.txt

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Writing/p.html

"Well, in US English, the full stop goes inside the closing

quotation mark in this sentence. In British English, it is placed

outside." - The full stop signifies the end of the sentence that the quoted word was in - unless you were quoting the word from the end of a sentence?

In which case it would be "magazine.".

Unless you are fond of Americanizations..

I'm willing to be proved wrong, those were just the most relevent Google-Proofs I found - why should I believe you when it goes against everything I was taught up to and half-including an English A-level?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mar..._considerations Isn't clearly defined enough for me at this late hour.. time for bed.

I think we are getting away from the original topics here, aren't we? Whatever your view is, as long as you don't insult the opposite, we can co-exist, can't we? Incidently, I suspended a guy insulting some member over this issue in another thread the other day. Seems he missed this thread. ;) Anyways, CLOSED!

Archived