CA M15 versions

Kye

Hello all

I am looking to purchase an M15 A4 Tactical Carbine. The thing is though, I have seen three different versions of this and am now a little bit confused.

The first problem I have is the confusion between the CA M15A2 Tactical Carbine and the A4 Tactical Carbine. Whats the difference between the two? Am I to assume that the A2 is the earlier and therefore, less reliable version.

Also, after looking around www.airsoftmart.net I have seen that is has the CA M15 A4 Tactical Carbine, and the "CA Full Metal M4 Tactical" this has a solid stock. Could anyone let me know of the differences between these two weapons as well please?

I have included the airsoftmart links for the comparions:

http://www.airsoftmart.net/catalog/product...products_id=522

http://www.airsoftmart.net/catalog/product...products_id=527

Many thanks

Kye :)

Basically, you want the CA M15A4 TC if you want a removeable carry handle and little groove on the outer barrel for attaching a barrel mounted M203 gernade launcher. The M15A2 TC carry handle is non-removable and does not have the little groove on the outer barrel. Internally, the M15A4 TC and M15A2 TC are the same.

Classic Army's earlier AEG's had some problems and went by designations such as CA M4 and CA M16 (I think) instead of CA M15XX. The M15XX lineup is their latest AEG's and will serve you nicely (I owned the CA M15A4 Rifle, or M16 looking model). Good luck and I hope you like your purchase! :)

The A2 is newer in design internally however with the latest batch of A4s this may have changed.. when i got my A4 the A2 had the yellow hop unit, mine is black, however Chrissy Gs A4 hop unit is yellow indicating the later batch had the newer internals..

Basically, what they're trying to say is you'll be fine with anything which has Armalite trademarks.

If you find a gun with "Colt M4" trademarks or "Classic Army" trademarks, run a mile!

That's a bit unfair. With some work these early guns can be made reliable but unless you can trust that the seller HAS done the work then they are to be avoided.

If it's got Armalite trademarks then you'll be fine.

It's a difference nonetheless. And the M15A4 CQB has other changes too, IIRC. Metal nozzle with o-ring, for example. Also, the RIS and flat top receiver line up now (though they changed the RIS rather than fixing the receiver, which sucks if you ask me). Don't go quoting me on all that though, it's just something I read on the news page a while back and my recollection is a bit foggy... :unsure:

Well I purchased one on monday from airsoft armoury (www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk) brilliant site, really friendly people there, and although one the site it says they are out of stock, there are lots in stock (11 i think) and I am so so so so pleased with it. It is awesome on an 8.4v battery! Buy one you wont be disappointed. :D

Very early armalite trade ones (M15A4 carbine with serial below 2000 maybe 3000) have:

1) a slightly glossier finish thats more easily scratched

2) a 2 piece plastic hop up unit

3) vertical metal rear reciever lugs on upper that the rear reciever pin goes thru (as opposed to two horizontal pins on the upper that slide into the rear of the lower)

3 lets you break the rifle down by removing rear pin and pivoting on the front pin but downside is there's a little extra play between top and lower reciever whereas the redesign doesnt have any flex between the two)

Granted chances of getting one new now are slim but not impossible - I got landed with one when I ordered the carbine just a few weeks ago (a carbine with serial 001658)

NOT major faults many would regards them as trivial differences truth be told but.. if it only takes five mins to have seller check before going ahead with the order (and price is same either way) then its def worth the extra five mins and an email just to be sure

stevie

I believe that since they improved the CQB internals, those are now all standard on the M15 series, bar the 6mm or 7mm gearboxe difference. Such as the hop unit and other parts that were changed or 'upgraded' from before the CQB was released. If your buying brand new you will have no problem as they will all be recently produced models.

Cheers

Adam

Granted chances of getting one new now are slim but not impossible - I got landed with one when I ordered the carbine just a few weeks ago (a carbine with serial 001658)

erm above was bought brand new on around 3rd of October

Dealer didnt mention it was new old stock, price wasnt any lower than usual but by same token I didnt ask so I can hardly complain what i got wasnt what they'd advertised :)

Easiest way to be 100pcnt sure of not ending up in similar situation when buying one of the basic range (carbine, tac carbine, rifle) that MIGHT be old stock, is surely to ask if its an uptodate one before buying

stevie

Hi, this is slightly off topic, but why does the SPC cost more than the RIS? Are the RIS rails of better quality on the SPC because surely the PEQ box would add to the price of the gun. Thanks,

Cam

edit: sorry, stupid question. I thought the price difference was greater, but now I see why it is cheaper.

Very early armalite trade ones (M15A4 carbine with serial below 2000 maybe 3000) have:

1) a slightly glossier finish thats more easily scratched

2) a 2 piece plastic hop up unit

3) vertical metal rear reciever lugs on upper that the rear reciever pin goes thru (as opposed to two horizontal pins on the upper that slide into the rear of the lower)

Can I just point out that this may be true of the A4 range but does not apply to the A2 range. My A2 is number 00959 and has a metal hop-unit and the 'new' body design.

Archived