Systema PTW pictures

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, Skan. I look forward to seeing what else you do with it. The only negative comment I'd say isn't actually directed at you at all, but rather at the fact that unless you push the EOtech to the front where it's bi-leveled you can't in fact properly co-witness the optics. It's a real pain, a friend of mine was gonna get a PTW/SIR combo and go frustrated with the fact that it wouldn't work nearly as well as a standard RAS/Flat-top. Technically you can see through it, but it's so low in frame it becomes silly.

So not your fault, Eotech's just don't play nice on SIRs. Very cool otherwise, got any further plans for it?

well.. I never use co witness anyway

and does it work for theese guys it works for me

http://armsmount.bizatomic.net/images/img829400.jpg

http://armsmounts.com/images/img729107.jpg

Well as soon as I can fix the cqb flashider that will go on.

the onle more thing to come are a anpeq (as soon as g&p release their ir one, if not the Italian guy I know want to sell me his) :P

and a kingarms (troy) supressor, i dont think Im going to use it but is for show.

Skan you do not need a real PEQ2 on your airsoft gun. Now that's just silly *cough* solo *cough*

Yeah supressors are fun, but on an M4 it makes them absurdly long. I was honestly debating putting a laser unit on my M4, possibly PEQ-4 or this:

star_ls_l01.jpg

However I'm thinking in all honesty that at that point I've gone from cool to overkill, know what I mean?

yes.. well I just want to buy the supressor so I can have it in my box I dont think I will use it anyway. The troy works in the same way as the surefire one, haf of the supressor goes over the barrel. thanks t this it wont be too long.

I probably only going to use it outdoors hiding and picking guys of with m130.

same goes for laser, no use for it.

and as you say to much just make it looks like a newbie overkited CA

Edited by skandarn

IF you plan to get a laser and are interested in the looks of a real An/OEQ2, hold on. G&P It's coming out with a PERFECT (1:1 in EVERY detail) of an An/PEQ. Go to G&P's site and check it out. Laser is going to be offered in a few versions, red, green and IR.

Same dimension, a little heavier: 350g versus 210g of the real unit.

Damn those new PEQs look nice. No combined IR/visible version though?

I think if you were to add a PEQ, Titleist, that it would be overkill. Maybe have a "one on, one off" rule from now on?

Of course, there's nothing to stop you buying another PTW and doing that up completely differently, maybe with a M16A4/PEQ/ACOG setup ala Marines. Buy my pretties! Buy! Buy! :P

Great PTW's guys. I was tempted but I got a CA M249 PARA in the end :P

Nice find about the G&P lasers Solo, did G&P release them already? According to the G&P webby, they are equiped with a LED light.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

I'm aware of the fact that it will be a fully functional laser. :)

Any ideas how much this will go for? I'm guessing the greenlaser will be around $200, the red one $150, no idea about the IR laser (is it even legal?)

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Only if you have it on the front, lowered, section, of the SIR. For some people that's an akward solution to that issue.

Forward mounted optics are regarded by many as being more effective. /Shrug, there's got to be some scientific reason as to why having your optics farther forward tends to work better.

Hi solo! I hope everything is going well for you over there across the pond. :) Happy new year btw!

Edited by Magsz
Forward mounted optics are regarded by many as being more effective. /Shrug, there's got to be some scientific reason as to why having your optics farther forward tends to work better.

Hi solo!  I hope everything is going well for you over there across the pond.  :)  Happy new year btw!

While that may in fact be true, I don't like having a company dictate how I can use my optics. So having the SIR system force me to use it forward of the D-Ring annoys me. Plain and simple, at least with any other rail system that's not an issue.

As far as I know it's quicker for target aquisition, but because it's being pushed up further along the barrel the ability to be as accurate goes down a bit.

Thanks Titleist. I'm so glad that I finally bought it. I've been saying, "I'm going to get it" way back when the pictures were leaked here on Arnies (2004). :D I've been bugging Solo ever since. Now I just need to buy that 12V bat for the MAX and a M90 cylinder to use that aging 7.2V I bought way back on Christmas '04.

Edited by Qhs