My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit, I tend to leave bigger spaces when travelling at higher speeds than I do when cruising at 'normal' motorway speeds. I'll also signal longer and manoeuvre WAY earlier. 

Also, if you regularly drive long distances, get yourself some rain repellent/glass sealant - I can highly recommend Dodo Juice Supernatural Glass sealant. Easy to apply (Clean screen thoroughly, apply to a small section, buff off, leave 10 minutes, buff off again, leave to cure for 2-3 hours, repeat for other sections of screen.)

Rain just beads instead of flattening out, frost doesn't appear to stick to the screen, and at speeds over about 35mph, you get an AWESOME star wars hyperspace effect where all the little drops of rain simply roll off the screen. I drove over to Marlowe's house for a BBQ/bonfire type deal, and didn't have to use the wipers on the 40 odd miles of A1M driving I did.

It's brilliant.

Tink, that sounds like good stuff. How often do you need to reapply it?

Gripe tonight? *fruitcage*, *fruitcage* arrogant cyclist.

I know it's an argument that will never be settled, and there are some on here who are fine, but this one was a mega *Ubar*.

Tink, that sounds like good stuff. How often do you need to reapply it?

Gripe tonight? *fruitcage*, *fruitcage* arrogant cyclist.

I know it's an argument that will never be settled, and there are some on here who are fine, but this one was a megacunt.

supposedly lasts between 6 and 9 months, but I did the windscreen and both front door glasses on my 2003 Ibiza and barely used any. Easily enough for another 3 or 4 cars in the bottle.

Thanks tink :)

Hab, nothing like, I'm afraid.

Was a skinny runt clad in lycra doing 30+ mph while barrelling past us on a pedestrian priority footpath, whinging about dogs. As I was being responsible and picking up a turd one of mine had left.

I didn't hear it, wife told me afterwards. That's a good thing as he was using words not meant for ears which are picking up new words at the moment (we had 2 kids with us). If I had heard, I'm pretty sure I would have hoyed him over the fence into the banking and estuary below...

If you have a problem, approach me in a rational manner and address it. Don't fly past nearly taking a dog out, while muttering foul swear words next to my children.

Mega *Ubar*.

Does sound like a mega ubar. Does anyone else think it's pretty sick to send rape threats, and then defend said rape threats as freedom of speech? Or is it just me?

that's really bad. I'd be reporting that to the rozzers. Start a paper trail. Now.

Tink, sorry about the swear filter. May want to edit my original post, and the quote of it too :)

Edit, saw you got my original post, but your quote still has the sweary.

Oh yeah, the police are looking in to it.

Also, just saw that (regarding the swear word) a certain word is visible. Sorry about that, it is a very harsh word too (unless you've read Y The Last man and one of the main bad guys from it, saying that in the UK that word isn't considered a swear. Yeah right, Brian got that one wrong).

Swear word noted, posts edited and almighty Arn on high informed. I missed it too the first time, lads, don't worry too much.

Rape threats (or any threats of violence or owt like that) should be reported. Freedom of speech means it's not ilegal to say what you want to say, but you are still responsible for what you say.

Father is currently talking out of his *albatross* on a phone with someone about firearms, and laughing about how I cringe whenever he does so. 

I feel bad for whoever he is talking to, and at the same time, I am stunned that the person is still listening to him.

So, it turns out my alternator is rather goosed on my focus. It also has intermittent starting problems. Pretty sure that's a sticking valve though, from reading around...

Anyone know what I should be paying for a new alternator/aux belt for a '56 2.0 diesel ghia focus? I believe i need the 150 amp, not the 120 due to all the toys on the car.

Had a *fruitcage* 'mare tonight getting the *bramston pickle* back home. Luckily I was only a mile away :(

So, it turns out my alternator is rather goosed on my focus. It also has intermittent starting problems. Pretty sure that's a sticking valve though, from reading around...

Anyone know what I should be paying for a new alternator/aux belt for a '56 2.0 diesel ghia focus? I believe i need the 150 amp, not the 120 due to all the toys on the car.

Had a *fruitcage* 'mare tonight getting the *bramston pickle* back home. Luckily I was only a mile away :(

Anywhere from £200 to £600, depending on: quality of alternator, length of belt, how much of a *bramston pickle* the job is, and what colour the policemans socks are. 

Alternators appear to be around £150 or so (source: ECP) retail, so the garage will probably get it for around £80 or £90. Call it £20 retail for the belt, and two hours labour, I'd not be wanting to pay more than £250 all in.

Marvellous! Was hoping you would pipe in and help!

I'm the cop, my socks are black. I'll be fitting it myself so just need the bits. I have a full jar of swears standing by, and fresh, clean knuckles ready for scraping...

I'll be calling your guys tomorrow then, thanks :)

Some *bramston pickle* nearly took me off my bike this morning, and then stuck their finger up at me when I used my horn to signal that I was there and perhaps they should pay attention to what's along side them when the change lanes without indication.

They were in a signwritten company van.

Which happens to be the company a mate of mine is a manager at. :P

Apparently they're on final written already.

Had someone come at me on the wrong side of the road this morning, they didn't quite get out the way fast enough and clipped my right wing mirror. The casing is smashed to pieces but the mirror is alright, this is my third since I got the car in June, all not my fault, what do people have against wing mirrors?!

Oh dear scorch, that's his Christmas ruined then!

*her, apparently. Looked like a bloke to me though.

And to be fair, if you don't want to get sacked just before Christmas, don't drive like a *Ubar* in a company van.

Especially when the guy you nearly knock off his bike has known your boss for 14 years and introduced him to airsoft. ;)

Didn't even see your post Scorch! Bad times indeed! Always amazes me that people drive like *rickrolls* in a marked van, it's just asking for trouble! 

Shmook you're right, normally I would've and have done the past two times but, unfortunately, they were going so fast down a windy, very wet country road I didn't think it worth the risk of a chase! Luckily it's just a Focus, I've got a friendly scrappy down the road and I can change it myself. Just a PITA more than anything! 

Archived