Shocking rifle drill there

1:safety catch

2:set to repetative

3:insert mag of X rounds

4:over hand and cock the rifle

5:forward assist

6:(iron sights only) raise sights

uhhhhm...

On the command load, i would not make the rifle ready...

I would make the rifle ready on the command "ready"..

Edited by NoGoodNick

LMAO

Things may have changed since my spell in Vietnam but:

Load:

-Safety catch

-Set change lever to repitition

-Open pouch

-Check top rounds are seated correctly

-Insert mag

-Tug down on mag to insure its fitted right

-Close pouch

Ready:

-Safety catch

-Change lever to repitition

-Sights up (with L98 set to 300 - with SUSAT probably the same)

-Left hand over and cock action

-Forward assist

Unload:

-Safety catch

-Change lever to repitition

-Open pouch

-Remove magazine and place in open pouch

-Full NSP (cock hook look, front centre, rear x2 and down, release bolt, aimed shot, safety catch, dust cover, sights set to 300 and folded down)

-Close pouch

Make safe... nope sorry ive lost the will to live now.

Anywho whats this got to do with airsoft?

All you do is change mags and apply the safety occasionally.

uhhhhm...

On the command load, i would not make the rifle ready...

I would make the rifle ready on the command "ready"..

I think you care too much about something which has no real relevance to airsoft...

If you are so bothered about it, I suggest you join the Small Arms School Corps, they're always looking for people like you, so you'd be right at home.

Or perhaps you should just shoot yourself, would save us all some time and money.

- On a side note, you don't really need to forward assist an A2, as they replaced the springs with stronger ones (with a red paint band on the base iirc), but I guess it's still taught due to health/safety and if something went wrong and someone didn't forward assist they can't claim anything.

Similar(ish) thing with the GPMG drill, you don't lift the feed tray and check the chamber on 'Unload'. If the round cooks off with the feed tray lifted, injuring the firer, he has no claim because he shouldn't have lifted the feed tray. If the round cooks off, the feed tray not having been lifted, the firer gets done for ND. Risk assessment and health & safety etc.

I believe this is correct, feel free to point me in the right the direction if I am wrong though. :)

Helios

Update: The modification on the cocking handle has been improved. To version 1.12 which is basically a larger and stronger spring instead of rubberbands and original spring now it is Hot, Will post a vid soon, the benefits include more realism and probably never need to ajust the cocking spring ever again :) If other airsofters are looking to do the mod then PM me and I can get the springs sent. They are special and proper hard to find.

received my L85 carbine yesterday and i am glad to say that it has surpassed my expectations,it is very well made and feels like real steel weight,its comfortable to hold and as soon as i've charged the battery I will test how it fires and compare it with my other aeg`s (ICS M4,TM M4 S-System.upgraded etc).Post results soon

WHats the point? Yes it fired good. end of.

Range a good 50-60 meters at eversley on sunday. It has the range of an M14. the ROF of an upgraded aeg(as you expect), on an 8.4v, if your not nice with it it missfires because of the trigger machanism(which happened to a mate of mine), if your good with it and do bursts instead of burning off the mag then it actually feels better firing it.

Yep, it is quiet and noise absorbed by the steel. The carbine version is the same but for one major difference it is butt ugly.

The custom battery is a must, you can go for 2 days play with it. It also sits prfectly in the handguard but needs a bit of foam padding to keep it from rattling.

Hi, my name is overly obsessed with things that don't pertain to the subject in an attempt to look smart. How are you today?

Welcome to the board :) Don't put yourself down though mate, we all do it sometimes, it's just the nature of the beast. Nice of you to be honest about this little pecadillo though. And since you ask, I'm just peachy! :D

The SUSAT provides too much magnification for airsoft skirmishing, the mag is 4X and is too powerful for airsoft guns. The best bet is to use the backup irons.

Yeah, I always wonder why people bother with anything above a x2 scope on airsofts.

I just got to find the best deal on a Star SA80 now. :D