Do you like the look of them?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the look of them?

• Yes it pleases me greatly...
    • No, its the girlie gun from hell!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kimbers are like breast implants that way - totally unnecessary, but oh so sexy.

True. I just get irked that I'm attracted to them. I keep telling myself that I'm attracted because they're 1911s; it's like seeing Charlize Theron dressed as Waffen SS. I'd be repulsed, but still erect.

Ok then, list the differences.

An ambi safety?

A rail (depends on the model)?

Front slide cocking grooves?

Errr...

So why call it a Kimber and charge so much? Why does it even exist? If it's so much like a 1911, then why not just call it a clone? Instead, people say, "Oh my, it's a Kimber."

This is airsoft.

In the real-steel world, Kimber make custom guns. If the gun is made by Kimber, it's a frickin' Kimber - simple, no?

Volkswagen and Seat cars share 90% of their parts, but if it's made by VW it's a VW, and if it's made by Seat it's a Seat. No-one calls their Seat a VW because it shares most of its parts... :rolleyes:

In the real-steel gun industry, Kimber make all of their guns by hand. The manufacturing tolerances are superb, they test them...the quality is really high. That doesn't carry across to the airsoft world, but the external differences do.

Thus, it's not a Colt in the airsoft world and a Kimber in the real-steel world because the real thing is made by Kimber.

*breathe*

This is airsoft.

In the real-steel world, Kimber make custom guns. If the gun is made by Kimber, it's a frickin' Kimber - simple, no?

Volkswagen and Seat cars share 90% of their parts, but if it's made by VW it's a VW, and if it's made by Seat it's a Seat. No-one calls their Seat a VW because it shares most of its parts... :rolleyes:

In the real-steel gun industry, Kimber make all of their guns by hand. The manufacturing tolerances are superb, they test them...the quality is really high. That doesn't carry across to the airsoft world, but the external differences do.

Thus, it's not a Colt in the airsoft world and a Kimber in the real-steel world because the real thing is made by Kimber.

*breathe*

But don't call it some beautiful snowflake. It's not special. It's a pretender to a pretender. My grandfathers carred 1911s. Kimber uses that 1911 pedigree to its advantage without any of its own. That just seems cheap. It's like a Chinese made copy of a Rolex. It may keep better time because it's quartz (quartz will always keep better time than the real thing) but that doesn't make it better. Don't oggle a Kimber and call it beautiful. Say it looks almost as good as a 1911 and works like a Sig. Give props where due. I've shot my grandfathers' 1911s and hotsh*t Kimbers. The difference was several C-notes but little else.

I like kimbers. they are probably the only 1911 varient I would consider purchasing, for the simple fact that they aren't as crappy as a regular 1911. unlike the regular 1911's, kimbers work. However, I don't like the look of them, because they look like 1911's.

It's a 1911, the best gun design ever.

With some basic improvements - ambi-safety, rail, that sort of thing.

What's NOT to like?

the best gun design ever? have you ever shot a real gun? because the SAA is the best gun design ever, and Sig makes (imo) the best DA pistols. 1911's don't hold a candle to a Sig.

D*****it!  I find myself attracted to Shao's and Enzo's Kimbers in spite of myself.  Can't help it.  Sexiness.

agreed

True.  I just get irked that I'm attracted to them.  I keep telling myself that I'm attracted because they're 1911s; it's like seeing Charlize Theron dressed as Waffen SS.  I'd be repulsed, but still erect.

I couldn't have put it better myself. On this subject, watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The chick kind of looks like charlize theron, and she has an outfit like that. It's sexy as hell. a little disturbing... but sexy none the less.

Hello All! Happy Holidays.

I had a SIG P228 in .40 and loved the look of it. The problem (for me) was going from DA to SA during a double-tap, so I got rid of it. I needed to go with either DA or SA only. Decided to go with a 1911.

I now have the Kimber TLE/RL II in blue and it pleases me to no end. Shoots great, very accurate. One shot I made on the first try was a 20" steel target 110 yards away. Surprised the heck out of me!

I had a Colt Officer's model and it had feeding problems so I got rid of it.

Then when I saw the WA model I had to have it! It shoots great too but I can use it indoors.

For me the stock Colt to a Kimber is like going from a stock Mustang to a Shelby.....

Besides, if it's good enough for the LAPD SWAT team then it's good enough for me.

post-11980-1136045283_thumb.jpg

Hello All! Happy Holidays.

I had a SIG P228 in .40 and loved the look of it. The problem (for me) was going from DA to SA during a double-tap, so I got rid of it. I needed to go with either DA or SA only. Decided to go with a 1911.

post-11980-1136045283_thumb.jpg

that can be a problem for me too. I would just carry it in SA mode, but that would not be safe, and it wouldn't work well in my holster. (btw, I carry a sig as well)

I just don't like 1911s, but if I had to get a 1911, it would deffinately be a kimber.

Performance aside, looks only. The kimber is an ugly ugly gun.

The m1911A1 had smooth lines, a nice bluing and wood grips to be proud of.

The kimber has:

- a stupid looking trigger with holes in it (?)

-One ugly *albatross* spur thing on the grip , ranking next to the hicappa in ugliness

-A rail. Now practical maybe, but its the easiest way to make a colt .45 look ugly.

-Weird looking front groove thing on the slide...

-Rounded hammer, with a hole in it, again ruining the look

-Curved rear sight

On looks alone i'd say theyve ruined it. They've turned an extremely manly looking gun into something that looks like a 9mm handbag gun.

Im sorry but i just dont like any m1911A1 except the original military version. All the WA spin offs just sicken me.

It's all based on personal opinion of course. Blued steel and wood is basic, natural and gives the impression its hard hitting. Chrome with fancy frills on it looks a bit pimpish.

We need sledges opinion.

I work as a gun dealer and writer. I shot around 100-150 different kind of pistols... 1911/2011s are great toys for shooting sports and for the tinkerers, but for carry and serious applications... :rolleyes: The first batch of the LAPD SWAT Kimbers went full auto because of bad sears...

Well, it's just another overpriced, not-too-reliable 1911, full of injection molded parts.

I work as a gun dealer and writer. I shot around 100-150 different kind of pistols... 1911/2011s are great toys for shooting sports and for the tinkerers, but for carry and serious applications...  :rolleyes: The first batch of the LAPD SWAT Kimbers went full auto because of bad sears...

Well, it's just another overpriced, not-too-reliable 1911, full of injection molded parts.

I'd like to read any article you've published on the Kimber TLE RL II, if it's in English. I try to get as much info as I can on any of my guns.

Archived