Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blingin' 9 mil

Ah shizzle, dat glock be pimpin' homes.

I may have to find a metal finishing shop around here that'll anodise or chrome my gun, for that sort of price it'd be well worth the pain of ruining one with a sheet of sandpaper :P

Edited by Lithium Jack
Heh, that chrome is pretty bling bling.  My brother just polished his slide, it looks pretty nice in my opinion.

yeah that one used to be polished too i had it polished down to a 4000 grit which is about as abraisive as a wet papertowell so it was really nice polished too i dont really mean to knock the polish jobs.... just wanted to gloat about my new finish looking like a mirror and not having to repolish after holding it once like i used to

I'm more amazed that the chrome didn't screw tolerances on the inside of the slide...

yeah the slide ended up "however many" micrometers "inflated" .... but i mill-ed the slide rails and then the outer barrell, so yeah by no means was this an easy upgrade and i dont suggest it to anyone with minimal smithing experience

Hot damn that's flashy... Where'd you get the case too? It's nice :)

Edit: Also, how did you get a frame made from actual composite?

thats a really good question..... (composite one) .... i got the frame from my buddy while he was in hongkong he sent it to me saying that it felt heavier than most but not as heavy as a metal frame he was clueless as to who made it but was sold to him as a KWA, i compared it to my KSC and its got that same fake SERNO i think its like COP471 or something like that.... anyway i put the thing through the metal detector at ECP "entry control point" where i work and looked at the screen and saw that it contained very little metal but had a cunductive carbon content and some other crazy stuff so i put my KSC in there and the ABS plastic made the frame almost invisible then i put a KWA in and it showed up blue which i guess is a different kind of plastic.... i brought the thing to a real steele gunsmith and he thought it was a real steele frame hacked into an airsoft mod but i know it is heavier than the actual G19 series frame cause i had them weighed....... as for the case i got a cheap $19.00 case at like big5 sporting goods and just got some new foam and cut it....

That chrome is damn BLING! do you use it as a mirror to style your hair during games? JK

Was it done by the Q project by chance?

no i dont think i will ever scrim with that thing unless i need a signal mirror or need to flag down the enemy it screams "target" .... and no it wasnt done by Q... i had it done by a metal finishing shop about 20 minutes from where i live they were the only people i found that didnt have like a $200 minimum on chrome plating... the guy was dreading the small job seeing how they gotta find the metals resistance and its aluminum so he couldnt just throw it in the vat with all the steele stuff it had to be done separateley and all that stuff i think next time i ever do something like that i will wait till i have a few items to do all at once or ask friends if they have stuff that needs to get done and have them throw in with me

Edited by m0e82

Got an oldschool KSC G19 metal slide today, even tho I consider the G&G G19 slide the best I just couldn't resist buying this rare slide (it came attached to a KWA G19).

I used it to replace the fugly laser etched newer style 19 metal slide

OldSchool19slide_006.sized.jpg

OldSchool19slide_003.sized.jpg

OldSchool19slide_004.sized.jpg

Ah, much better.

BigAl, it is a CAT laser, find it at

http://www.shooterssupply.com/html/cat_las...or_pistols.html

Donnie got that laser first and I saw it in his pic and I had to get one..they are very nice. $139 USD

Bud- yeah they are off by a bit down the slide and they are not straight...but the GLock logo is properly designed and the trademarks are well engraved.

The safe-action-trigger is a part I dont have extras of. Ill throw pics up of the KWA G19 for you in a sec

OldSchool19slide_007.sized.jpg

OldSchool19slide_008.sized.jpg

Edited by ViciousV10s
where the hell did you find that slide!?  I spent 5 months searching the globe for one of those and everyone I talked to said they were "nowhere to be found"!  *sigh*  (I am happy for you though)

Runnerwithm4 had it up for sale in the US sales thread for quite some time now...finally was ale to swipe it from him..he didn't know where the slide had come from...so Im not 100% sure that it is the original KSC metal 19 slide but from all of my knowledge of airsoft Glocks, it's the only slide I think it can be.

EDIT: I just looked at a reference picture of the old KSC slide and am now 100% sure.

Edited by ViciousV10s
some pics of my G19 project.  I took a G&G anodized slide and barrel and stripped it....and the next step is to re-anodize it in a silver color.  Hopefully it will look something like my g17 when it's done. 

g19 slide and barrel

g19 slide close-up

g17

Nice, what did you use to strip the G&G slide?

..Im starting to want one of those SD silver 17 slides....and another 17 to put it on

Nice, what did you use to strip the G&G slide?

..Im starting to want one of those SD silver 17 slides....and another 17 to put it on

I had it stripped by a plating company.....I researched how to strip anodized aluminum and it's pretty complicated. You can use a sodium phosphate stripper or oven cleaner but it's pretty dangerous and if your not careful it can eat away at the bare aluminum...which would mean losing my trades! AHH! (or even worse...it could eat through an arm/eye and other various appendages...either way it's bad) I should have it done by next week. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it back.

...and that SD slide it rather nice I must say.....minus that bogus glock logo :-(