Glock Picture Thread

if someone wants to go real hardcore Glock, someone needs to drop the cash to have a slide parkerized with that teflon stuff like a real one. Maybe even fit an airsoft slide onto a real frame (i hope i don't get in trouble for saying that, but we're talking about practically the same piece of plastic, except one is authentic, and one isn't).

Vicious, you have steel slides on a couple of your guns...they would be perfect candidates...you still need to paint the frames though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vicious, what kind of metal is the old TW made of?

Aluminum.

AS for making a RS frame into airsoft, I would expect it to be damn near impossible. Youd really have to do some tricky work. Just thinking about the hammer assembly, on an airsoft glock the hammer strikes very low and in the frame, on RS the hammer is striking up in the chamber where the round is....Id love to see someone accomplish that but I dont think it will ever happen.

I had it stripped by a plating company.....I researched how to strip anodized aluminum and it's pretty complicated.  You can use a sodium phosphate stripper or oven cleaner but it's pretty dangerous and if your not careful it can eat away at the bare aluminum...which would mean losing my trades! AHH!  (or even worse...it could eat through an arm/eye and other various appendages...either way it's bad)  I should have it done by next week.  I'll post some pics as soon as I get it back.

...and that SD slide it rather nice I must say.....minus that bogus glock logo :-(

I think I'll be leaving my G&G slide the way it is then....

I wish SD would come out with some more slides...with good logos. They are strange with their slides, they have several different Glock logo designs on their varying slides.

I am going to buy a metal slide/barrel kit for my G19 tomorrow, and I was trying to decide between the KSC kit and the G&G with the threaded barrel. My biggest concern was customs. If I get the G&G kit what are the chances that it will be seized (it has real trademarks)? I obviously don't want to spend $80 just to have it taken. Will WGC do a good job with the trades? Thanks

I am going to buy a metal slide/barrel kit for my G19 tomorrow, and I was trying to decide between the KSC kit and the G&G with the threaded barrel. My biggest concern was customs. If I get the G&G kit what are the chances that it will be seized (it has real trademarks)? I obviously don't want to spend $80 just to have it taken. Will WGC do a good job with the trades? Thanks

It won't get seized. You could also order it from www.poweredgeusa.com if you are that worried.

ClassicX - I have no idea how much they cost when they were available. I assumet they stopped making them that way to save money...but I don't really know.

I bought my KSC G19 Slide from WGC a few weeks ago and I didn't have any problems.

Please don't flame me for asking this, but how do you install the metal slide for the G19. Is is simply taking out the rear sight, then removing the screw that is holding the blowback chamber in, and then the BB chamber will come out? And one last thing: how do you remove the front sight from the origional slide? Thanks

Please don't flame me for asking this, but how do you install the metal slide for the G19. Is is simply taking out the rear sight, then removing the screw that is holding the blowback chamber in, and then the BB chamber will come out? And one last thing: how do you remove the front sight from the origional slide? Thanks

it depends on what slide....if you're talking about the regular KSC slide then it is very easy. First remove the rear sight by sliding/pounding it off. second, pound/push/squeeze the bottom of the front sight on the underside of the slide until it pops out. Then just do the reverse order for installing them on your new slide. The inner barrel just slides out of the outer barrel.

If it's a g&g you will have to do some sanding for the slide to cycle properly. It should be fairly easy reguardless of the slide you choose. Get to know your glock!

Pretty much what they said, although it'd be easier to take out the foresite with pliers ;)

What I'd do (and I did) would be to leave the sites on the original slide, fit the new slide and make sure it fires OK and then fit the sites on the new slide, because the foresite is glued in and you'll need to glue it in on the new slide too. So it'd be a bit of a waste of time if you fitted ity and glued the sites on and then realised it didn't cycle properly.

And definately glue your foresite in, I didn't and now it's lost <_<

well, i just looked through all 56 pages to get ideas, i like the silencer, but when i dont got it on it would look bad b/c it would have that little threaded part sticking out, so i guess a houge grip would be my only thing to do,

ps, Vicious, i think i got it activated :) woot woot