Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody removed the paint on the INSIDE of the slide?

I found that polishing the part of the slide thats on TOP of the Outer Barrel on Slide lock dosent scratch the barrel as much/if any. (You know, on most pictures people have scratched up barrels.)

Also has anyone removed the paint on the slide grooves? I've done this on two glocks hoping that it would stop the lube from turning into a nasty grey and staining every fabric it touches.

Thanks for the compliment and +1 Kingcodez ;)

Actually, I've sanded off some of the paint on the inside of the slide...but I have no idea whether it stops the scratching on the outer barrel, because I resprayed my outer barrel in matt black (it was already sanded down when I bought it).

I was going to do a gold slided Glock...but gave up after spending 2 months buying like five different gold sprays, including furniture/household, acrylic/car alloy sprays. None worked well. They were either the wrong colour, or got scratched too easily etc etc :angry: Everything that could possibly go wrong, just went wrong.

Thats why I just decided to polish the slide to a (hopefully) near-mirror finish instead... :P

Kin

I polished part of my G19 slide today...I know, the pics aren't that good, but tell me what you think of it please... ;)

{Sinps awsome slides}

I'm having trouble with the serrations (?) at the back of the slide...any ideas on removing the paint, or making the sanding easier?

Help would be greatly appreciated...

Kin

Mabbe you should take a super sharp exacto knife and engrave the trades deeper. I can barley see it.

Other than that, it's off the hook.

Edited by bigbaby
Mabbe you should take a super sharp exacto knife and engrave the trades deeper. I can barley see it.

Other than that, it's off the hook.

That won't turn out well, you will just scratch your slide in all the wrong places...i will look like you gave the knife to a 3 year old who had an epileptic seizure.

Who ever wanted to sand their mag:

The mag is made of pot metal. Taking the paint off leaves uneven lead-weight looking metal underneath. It looks bad. However if you wanted it shiney I'd just send it off to be chromed. Try it out if you wish, but I'd use a old/busted mag first.

Who ever wanted to sand their mag:

The mag is made of pot metal. Taking the paint off leaves uneven lead-weight looking metal underneath. It looks bad. However if you wanted it shiney I'd just send it off to be chromed. Try it out if you wish, but I'd use a old/busted mag first.

Doesnt chroming add some thickness to whatever its on, so if you had it chromed it wouldnt fit in the magwell?

It's probably a KWA, seeing as he's in the UK and it has a metal slide.

KWA G19 has a metal slide, trades and trigger safety in the UK (all of them have trigger safeties in the UK)

KSC G19 has a placcy slide, trades and trigger safety.

Only difference between KSC and KWA here is the box and price.