1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a quick question

will the prime S&W slide (its on WGC for $83) fit on a M1911A1 SCW3 Magnatech? I'm looking at getting a Magnatech to transform into a more tactical 1911, a TM 1911 ,once the metal kits come out, for a standard 1911A1, and a WA Officers model for my CCW (with the AI flow restrictor)

Edited by Blingmaster$$

Problem is when you buy a cheap magna tech, there's no modern variant, so you still have to change all the controls, hammer spring housing,... in order to make a kimber.

Best deal, buy the dersert warrior in scw 3 or wait for the tle and swat custom in scw3 to be released.

Ok here ya go, at least we'll get some pictures of nice-looking guns on this page :D

Out of the box I was extremely impressed with the finish of the replica, the finish is jet black, and the slide is machined to look like metal, which works to a point..

The hammer is very light (I might just be used to my Bob Chow and Raptor :P) but the recoil spring seems stronger than that on my Bob Chow, the recoil is as good as the BC, which is easily the hardest kicking gun Ive fired, especially for 134a.

oddly, this gun comes with a hex rench and I can see the hop-up adjustment with the slide pulled back, I was under the impression this was an scw3 gun, perhaps not.

The wood grips are really nice, a little light for my tastes, I might invest in some rosewood grips for the future.

This is seriously tempting me to dual up for some Chow Yun Fat style mayhem, we'll see if my bank balance allows it :D

anyway, onto the pictures.

Bear in mind I took these with my phone camera, hence the clarity is a bit off and the res wasn't particularly impressive..

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

I wanted to show how the finish of the slide looks compared to my full metal kimber, it definately looks good, whether it looks ultra realistic I cant really say, having never owned or indeed seen a full metal colt with this kind of finish..

DSC00133.jpg

Cheers, hbc.

indeed it is, the slide has a sort of cross-hatched finish to it, it looks great combined with the deep trades and wood grips.. *drool*

It can also be manually decocked single handed, though I wouldnt suggest it while loaded :D

hbc.

edit - $112 you must be crazy foo! Cost 120GBP from Guns'n'guys..

Edited by hardboiledcop