1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, good call, it also says Wilson Combat on the mag. ;)

By the way, what's that your avatar, Redhawk?

That's a scene from "Scanners," with some of my own editing, of course. ;)

I saw your 1911 video, good work. I noticed you had it down for decocking the gun. It's tricky for the 1911, because you have to push the hammer down to depress the grip safety first before you can pull the trigger.

I saw your 1911 video, good work. I noticed you had it down for decocking the gun. It's tricky for the 1911, because you have to push the hammer down to depress the grip safety first before you can pull the trigger.

Hehe, thanks.

Actually, decocking the gun is pretty natrual to me. I always pull the hammer down first to make sure I have a good hold on the hammer before I pull the trigger, so I didn't even notice that the grip safety might get in the way of trigger pulling at first, and then I realized pulling down the hammer also depressed the grip safety. :)

Hm... that doesnt work on my infinity or my scw. I have to use the base of my thumb to push down the grip safety from the top and then pull the trigger then slowly let the hammer go back up.

I thought it should work on all 1911s. I've held the new WA SCW Infinity 4.3", and done the same decocking. (a shame that I didn't get to shoot that one. :P)