US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"/" divides unites

smallest goes on the left to the highest designation on the right

unit-designation.jpg

example: That unit is the Alpha Team (I know because of the open circle on top) / 1st squad/ 1st platoon/ Alpha Company/ 1st Battalion - 4th Regiment / 1st Brigade / 201st Mech Inf Division

its a "-" instead of a "/" because Infantry is a regimentally affiliated branch.

The cross and vertical line inside the box stand for mech info btw

does that answer your question?

Edited by Dragoondark
Sorry to post again, but if you have any more questions about it ask me here or pm me.

oh and if you're wondering my credentials I'm U.S. Army

Not really since I was just talking about the SEALs unit patches. Which don't go by that system or they go by some odd offshoot of it. Thanks for the information though...

Ooh duh! :rolleyes: of course thats what you meant. No, the it has no IR real properties but it looks the part though. I couldnt justify spending almost 20dollars on a real IR patch I have no real use for. What I did was found a picture of a regular red, white and blue flag on the internet cause i wasnt able to find a useable image of an actual IR flag :angry: . I then changed the size and recolored it in MSpaint and printed it on glossy photo paper. After some trial and error on correct size, stick some adhesive velcro to the back and voila...saved myself 20beans. :D