US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWAT replicas are very light, i have one which im currently working on. the padding needs replacing in my opintion, its too thin and isnt secured very well, plus its quite a loose fit on my head. the chinstrap needs replacing, as its not very adjustable for a good fit, to get mine to work, the chin saddle had to be at an angle and up one side of my chin, ive replaced it with a viper M88 3 point chin strap which i ripped out of my viper PASGT, but the IBH will have some MICH replacement pads and strap eventually. other than that, at the cost its great for a project helmet, comes with a NVG mount (not the best but NVG mount none the less), goggle retention straps, needs to be replaced with ones that have poppers on as you have to unscrew the bolt which has the retention and helmet strap on to secure your goggles to it, all you need then is a funky spray job and some velcro and youve got a helmet which looks the same as the toy solider one, at less than half the price!

Ok, I've got a question: Where can I get adhesive-backed velcro? I've tried going to local craft stores, but all they have are the 1" strips.

I need some like 4" or 6" squares/rectangles so that I can attach my G&P replica strobe to the back of my MICH...and so that I can put patches on the side of my MICH.

Are there any online places that will sell small amounts of it? Most places just have the 1" strips, or sell the 4" and 6" stuff by the 25-yard roll....and I'm not going to spend $300 on velcro.

Thanks!

glue guns are your friends, failing that there are plenty of glues availible out there that stick the stuff on better then the adhesive on the back of the stick on velcro

I guess so...but I don't really have a glue gun. ;)

And I was kinda hoping that I might be able to remove it if I wanted...but worst comes to worst, I end up gluing it all down.