USA Banning of Airsoft

EverReadyEverWil

They ban because it makes them feel powerful and because they are trying to get votes from the uneducated people watching that think that the government is protecting them when they do things like this.

EDIT: This thread demonstrates the biggest part of the problem. :angry:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can set up as many organisations and implement regulation. But take a note of what happened in the uk. Everyone started organisations and talked about licensing, and the government did exactly what they wanted. The act of talking about licensing indicates to the government that even the people who take part in the sport acknowledge that legislation is needed. You are just proving them right in their eyes.

Good luck anyway.....

Yeah, because we started them AFTER the legislation was announced. The point is, our American friends are learning from our mistakes and acting now.

:zorro:

Everreadyeverwil and I are drafting a letter to the NRA to create a daughter organization called the NAA, or National Airsoft Association. It would be regulated by the NRA and would have its lawyers and such defend us in court should our sport be threatend.

We have an application for a forum thing (I guess) in the process of being approved.

~P

I sent out my application for a forums, I will keep everyone up to date if I get accpeted. I'm still looking for people to help directly with the forums. (not moderators)

I have a few people who have IMed me with some really helpful ideas and resources and are willing to help airsoft.

Sorry about what is happening over there Sledge. :(

The government will do what they want to do, and we are almost powerless to stop it. :angry:

Exactly. So act NOW, while it can still make a difference. Learn from what happened here. You've had a warning in what happened here, and the couple of bills being floated in a couple of States. So get yourselves organised now. I need somewhere to come live when I win the lottery. ;)

:zorro:

My question is what happens to players posting on here if a state ends up banning airsoft? Are we no longer allowed to post here? I ask because I remember players posting about playing airsoft from countries it's not allowed and their threads ended up getting locked.

My question is what happens to players posting on here if a state ends up banning airsoft? Are we no longer allowed to post here? I ask because I remember players posting about playing airsoft from countries it's not allowed and their threads ended up getting locked.

By the time airsoft does get banned we will hopefully be strong enought to help the members that have airsoft banned in there communities.

Alright, I spoke with my mom who is a lawyer (though this is not her specialty) and she said that it would be difficult for a state to ban airsoft. She said it would be much easier for a township or city to do so because they are much smaller and would have it (airsoft) on their minds much more so than the state. She mentioned nothing about it constitutionally because she said that it is too difficult to determine what warrants reasonableness in this area because it has never really been in court. ;)

I think that they should ban low end guns from the u.s., i.e., those which can be bought from wal-mart and such. Then you would have many less problems involving airsoft because those who create the problems would not be willing to drop the money which real airsoft provides. The key to letting airsoft survive is education.

that would probably allow the price of airsoft guns to go down in america. with all the cheapo cybergun and well products off the shelves!

Alright, I spoke with my mom who is a lawyer (though this is not her specialty) and she said that it would be difficult for a state to ban airsoft. She said it would be much easier for a township or city to do so because they are much smaller and would have it (airsoft) on their minds much more so than the state. She mentioned nothing about it constitutionally because she said that it is too difficult to determine what warrants reasonableness in this area because it has never really been in court.  ;)

Thank you.

As I said, we have some time.

As I said, we have some time.

Don't think you have all the time you need. It takes longer than you think to organize people and get everyone on the same page. If you get some law maker with a hard on for airsoft they can push it along faster than you think.

Sledge is correct, we need to learn from the Brits on what worked and didn't work. Keeping a low profile isn't the way to go, however, screaming and yelling isn't either.

I like the idea of spinning off of the NRA...don't know if they would go for it, but who knows. They may want more organization with airsoft in general.

Don't think you have all the time you need. 

Better to start now than never. I have gotten a pretty good response from people from the hour that this has been posted. Right now i'm waiting to see if we get accepted as a Zoints Community, if not I'll have to looks into something else. I want to get a place unified place were we can post about just this subject, so try to keep in this fourm for now.

Thats my point...start now. I would like to take a look at the letter the two of you are drafting to send to the NRA if you don't mind.

This is how this kind of thing starts, one state at a time and no one really notices it. The reason...the avg Joe has never heard of airsoft. Has no idea what it is, just hears the law maker say "gun...ban...crime" and thinks yep...we need to ban it, never hearing the truth.

We need to act now...yes I agree.

Thats my point...start now.  I would like to take a look at the letter the two of you are drafting to send to the NRA if you don't mind.

Prometheus is doing that contact him. It seems the current form of communcation for supporters is AIM just to let people know.

None, FL\MA are trying to. I just want to do somthing before somthing happens (in my state) and on a Federal Level. Thanks for the help R22 ill have to look into the VCR fourm.

Edit: I'm toying with the idea of creating a National Airsoft Players / Owners Association, if anyone can\would like to help then contact me, or just post here.

Edit: If anyone wants to instantly talk directly to me Aim: EverReadyEverWil

I agree. That would be interesting, like the NRA, but instead, it would be the NAA.

Name Suggestions:

NAPO: National Airsoft Players Association

NAA: National Airsoft Organization

NAPO:National Airsoft Players Organization

Archived