USA Banning of Airsoft

EverReadyEverWil

If they ban airsoft, we should all build costom guns that shoot 6mm plastic pellets using compressed air, put them into shells resembling real guns, call them "decreased velocity airguns", and run around shooting each other.  That would be quite harder for the government to ban. :P

DAMN! thats a great idea! i would have never thought of that one!

(i like you, your funny! lol)

MM OUT

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is everyone flaming cheap guns??? i know that alot of stupid gang banger wanabies buy them, and get their selves shot, but hey! if there that stupid to do things like that, they deserve to get shot.... i have built a $700.00 custom M16 VN version... and a $1200.00 wood and metal G3A3... and i just bought a C.S.I. AK-47, as a parts gun, because im building an ak... i would rather spend $100.00, than $350.00 when im going to put a whole new mechbox in it...

i am 16, i know gun handaling, i shoot guns, and build them! (real ones)

a few people arround our area are about the same knolageable as be, but dont have a trillion bucks to blow on toy guns... so.. what options do they have? the higher end of the cheap side of airsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these people play on our team, and play against people with CA's, upgrades up the A$$, with 203's, lasers, Acogs, and the whole works, and have fun... some people dont have the money, but still want to have the same fun. so stop flaming them, because there poor!

thankyou verry much, MM OUT

sorry if i ###### you off, but sometimes, you do the same to other people, who cant afrord high end guns, but still wnat to play, and are just as educated as any pro airsofter...

thanks again, MM OUT!!!

why is everyone flaming cheap guns??? i know that alot of stupid gang banger wanabies buy them, and get their selves shot, but hey! if there that stupid to do things like that, they deserve to get shot....

This is America, something has to be blamed, and its never the person. (video games and violence). The kids parents apparently don't care about what there children do with replica firearms, so what is the only thing we can do about it?

MM please read the link I posted

Q. Why are you boycotting Cybergun Products?

A.Cybergun have launched numerous lawsuits against retailers all over the US for "copyright violations." This has ranged from "likeness" to use of terms such as "M4" or "Colt 1911." These lawsuits are made with no intention of the case ever going to court, but with Cybergun intending the retailers to settle out of court or to sell their products.

Many of these retailer cannot afford to have to pay a settlement and would be forced out of business. The loss of American retailers would make our hobby entirely reliant on overseas retailers. It also is a huge disservice to the hobby in general. Many of these retailers support our hobby by supporting and sponsoring events. They also provide services and products to American airsofters, who would otherwise be forced to deal overseas for everything.

Cybergun has also unleashed lawsuits against importers to attempt to prevent other manufactures from being imported. Because of this, ICS and Classic Army have been forced to establish their own distributors in the US. Marui and many aftermarket manufactures are currently targeted.

Most airsoft imports come into the US from Californian Ports. With these lawsuits against importers in place, it would require them to find alternative ports of entry. This would naturally drive the cost of airsoft up as distributors would have to adjust pricing to offset increases in shippping costs. This increase in cost would prevent many more people from participating in the hobby.

Cybergun has also openly supported legislation in California passed to require all airsoft guns to be made of clear plastic. Currently, Cybergun is the only company offering such guns, which would give them an advantage over all other manufactures, making them the sole providor of airsoft guns in California.

Finally, many Cybergun products are simply inferior quality. They market their low quality springers, minis, and "AEG"-knockoffs to national retailers with little or no restrictions in place to prevent their sale to minors.

With more and more airsoft guns on the market at national retail chains, the likelihood that the government would step in to legislate our hobby is growing.

I have been passivly encouraging others to support this ban. Having the actual hobbyists openly support this ban would be a tremendous blow to Cybergun. Since we are their target consumer, we are the best people to question their legitimacy in this hobby.

The simple truth of it is that Cybergun has no legitimate place in airsoft, and it should be highly encouraged that all players do their part to drive this point home.

Q. What Products are being Boycotted?

A. All Cybergun Products! Guns, BBs, and Accessories. These products are sold at Wal-Mart, ShopKo, Kmart, Gander Mountain, Scheel's Sports, Farm and Fleet, Tractor Barn, and several other national retail chains all over the US. If there is a Cybergun label on the product, don't buy it.

Q. I already own a Cybergun Product. What should I do with it?

A. You do whatever you want with it, it is yours to own. At the same time, showing you support for this ban is all we need to spread the word. If you need an alternative source of BBs, there are several other retailers all over the US who can help you find a non-Cybergun brand product.

Florida will not ban airsoft. For a few reasons:

One, Florida is run by Jeb Bush, who is about as staunchly pro-gun as you can get. He frequently attends meetings in Tallahassee in a blaze-orange jumper.

Two, Florida has the most lax gun laws in the nation. The shortest waiting times for pistols, the ability to buy military grade body armour without a military or government letterhead, the ability to transfer your FL concealed weapons permit to any other state in the nation (no other state offers a licence this all incompassing, it is why all the bounty hunters and repo men have FL weapon licences), and don't forget, three of the major producers of government weapons have plant of some kind in FL.

Three, for airsoft to be banned statewide, there would have to be a formal ammending of the state constitution. Ammending a constitution takes a long time. There was an ammendment in the US Constitution penned in 1787 that was not ratified until 1992. It also takes a three fourths majority. You can bet anything that the panhandle, which constitutes 25% of the State's legislature won't go for an airsoft ban. Rep. Joe Miller would fall on his sword if he ever learned that he and a law maker from MA agreed on something. So you just have to block adoption on the ammendment in one or two more counties in the entire state, and your golden.

Finally, you live in the US. For better or for worse, you can leave your computer right now, go to a Wal-Mart, drop a hundred dollars on the counter and walk out with a real firearm. No way airsoft can be banned by reasonable people who have those laws. There is too much cognitive dissonance.

why is everyone flaming cheap guns??? i know that alot of stupid gang banger wanabies buy them, and get their selves shot, but hey! if there that stupid to do things like that, they deserve to get shot....

<_<

Wow, you have completely missed the point. I think it's safe to say that none of us feel much sympathy for a "stupid gang banger wannabe" that gets shot for wielding an airsoft gun, but thats not where it ends! His stupid action is what gives airsoft a bad name and what will get it banned. The problem isn't that the idiot gets shot, its what happens to airsoft after he gets shot. Think about it...

<_<

Wow, you have completely missed the point.  I think it's safe to say that none of us feel much sympathy for a "stupid gang banger wannabe" that gets shot for wielding an airsoft gun, but thats not where it ends!  His stupid action is what gives airsoft a bad name and what will get it banned.  The problem isn't that the idiot gets shot, its what happens to airsoft after he gets shot.  Think about it...

Exactly the point. I also believe that they deserve to get shot and die a painful death for being so idiotic, but not at the expense of giving airsoft and everyone involved with airsoft a bad name.

<_<

Wow, you have completely missed the point.  I think it's safe to say that none of us feel much sympathy for a "stupid gang banger wannabe" that gets shot for wielding an airsoft gun, but thats not where it ends!  His stupid action is what gives airsoft a bad name and what will get it banned.  The problem isn't that the idiot gets shot, its what happens to airsoft after he gets shot.  Think about it...

i know about the bad rep airsoft gets, if someone gets shot, but if your that stupid, (have no experince in handaling real firearms, and do flash it arround in public) and arent smart enough to have comon sense that "Well this might look real from 40 yards..." then, yes!, in a way, you should be teriminated... (sorry, i just watched T3...)

i mean, durring all of our games, we play on land pretty far away from passerbyers, but still we call the police, and tell them what were doing, and where. on our team, we have several law inforcement personel... and we regulary go over classes on what to do, and who to get if the blue and red flashing lights show up

i am in a group called the "SCA". it is a medeval reanachtment group, and is spread world wide... (yes we get in armour, and beat the sheitte out of eachother with sords!!!! whats more dangerous!!!! ???? when you join, you have to sign weivers, that say "if you get hurt, its your own fault, were only here to organize everyone together, after that, its all you" (screaming drunk vikings, jumping in fire... yeah... im not that stupid to do things like that) when you pay membership, you get a card that will give you discounts of event "FEES" (usualy 5-10$$) if we kinda take a little of what they are doing, and incoriprate it into this national airsofter club, it might be good, because the SCA has been around since the 70's, (i think, not sure) and they have to deal with more serious cases... (alot higher saftey limits, since everyone is trying to kill eachother on the war field...) i will talk to dwayne, (my semi partener in crime, well... my dads, but still) and have him get together with AEX, and Spartan imports, to see there whole take on the idea, mabe forming somekind on airsoft manufacture, retail, and importation federation... (big stores that depend on airsoft to put food on the table will fight alot harder that we can... and, well they have alot more money!)

so, it is 2AM! and im tired, so..... MM OUT!

My application was accepted!!! but the only concern was the length of the domain. I am open to any ideas I was trying for NationalAirsoftAssociation.org again ANY IDEAs please.

"My only concern is the length of your domain name. Shorter domains are much better. Maybe something like:

AIRSOFTDEFENSE.COM

AIRSOFTRIGHTS.ORG"

We can go with the long version, but I really hate long domain names.

I like the idea of "airsoftrights.org" - the implication is that airsoft should be a protected right. Good call Everready.

:D That was suggested in the email I got. I didn't come up with it :P

Also this means I really need some people that are good with photoshop, logos are going to be needed! Possible people that are good with coding too.

:D  That was suggested in the email I got. I didn't come up with it  :P

Also this means I really need some people that are good with photoshop, logos are going to be needed! Possible people that are good with coding too.

i like the airsoft rights thing, because, it should be our right to do what we want to do with our money, and free time, as long as we are not serously harming anyone... (well mentaly, if you trip an abush, and get lit up by like 12 people... it's a little scarry!)

i have some good phopt editing programs, and i aldo do 3D design work, so if u need me to do anythin, (theblackjew2 on aim). as for coding, i got NO... clue, so i dont know. but im pretty good with pictures!

why dont we solve this whole problem, where it starts! with politicians! jeasus! cars kill more people that airsoft accidents ever did! so hey! lets get rid of cars! and ban potatoes, couch pillows, pop bottles! they will all silence, or muffle a real firearm!

what the HE_LL is this world, this countyr comming to?

we started it to get away from stupid laws in the first place, and taxes had some part in it too! and now here we are where in california, "if you "DRUG" somone, rape them, and film it, and the person raped goes to athorities with that video! the person raped cannot do anything about it!!!" what is goping on here guys??? what ever happend to "the land of the FREE"???? and taxes, there is fereral, state, county...!!! and so on... and there always raising taxes!

and next we cannot leave our houses for fear of catching a cold!!!!

politicians ruin everything for there own gain... there are only a few out there that are actually worth keeping arround...

MM OUT

What about passing legislation to have very prominent labels on airsoft gun packaging? The label might say "WARNING: It is a misdemeanor of the first degree to allow a minor to use this product without parental supervision." or something to that extent.

It would likely freak the Walmart parents out enough to put them off of buying it. As for "real" airsofters that are getting the more expensive guns, well it shouldn't pose a problem for them as I'm sure they're already using it responsibly. ;)

I like AirsotRights.org too.

What about passing legislation to have very prominent labels on airsoft gun packaging? The label might say "WARNING: It is a misdemeanor of the first degree to allow a minor to use this product without parental supervision." or something to that extent.

It would likely freak the Walmart parents out enough to put them off of buying it. As for "real" airsofters that are getting the more expensive guns, well it shouldn't pose a problem for them as I'm sure they're already using it responsibly. ;)

There are already labels on most airsoft gun packages, so that may not do any good. It may help if the label was huge and was on the front on the box, but many people will still ignore it. If the parents are irresponsible enough to let these kids walk around with the guns and point them at cops(I know they usually don't have control over that, but they clearly do not pay enough attension to notice that thier child has gone to school or where ever with the gun), then I doubt that they will heed the warnings on the box.

Good thinking, but how we gonna can the college idiots who seem to have never passed kindergarten?

Okay with me, but wasn't it mentioned that NAA is already in use?

Should we pick something else? We could use something similar, like:

NAAA

National Airsoft of America Association

Or we could just use NAA and hope we aren't confused with archery(shouldn't be a problem, but the archery community may wish to be the only ones in use of "NAA".).

Okay with me, but wasn't it mentioned that NAA is already in use?

Should we pick something else?  We could use something similar, like:

NAAA

National Airsoft of America Association

Or we could just use NAA and hope we aren't confused with archery(shouldn't be a problem, but the archery community may wish to be the only ones in use of "NAA".).

That and every other abbr. that any one could possibly make up. If anything we could just call it United Airsoft Organization. UAO Google dosnt have many results for that.

Edit

Well I think I'll stick with NAA... Googled UAO

"United As One is a short greeting used by racists to signify the need to unite for a common cause—the preservation of the white race."

NAA is in use by:

Newspaper Association of America

National Auctioneers Association

National Aeronautic Association

National Archery Association

National Apartment Association

National AfterSchool Association

National Arborist Association

National Archives of Australia

National Archives of Australia

Neutron Activation Analysis

National Aphasia Association

And the list keeps going.

EDIT: UAO would work.

EDIT: EDIT: I guess not. It's like the race for faster edits here. :blink:

EDIT: UAO would work.

EDIT: EDIT: I guess not.  It's like the race for faster edits here. :blink:

I don't know I never heard UAO are a racial thing, its not used alot for other groups. Also it will create less confusion between our domain name and our organization.

Archived