Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pics!

Uh, in the last one, is #2 trying to pop a round off into #1's LEFT kneecap?  Maybe its just bad camera angle, but it looks like that M4/M203 is pressed into #1's right abdomen....(Probably just camera angle)

Other than that, you guys look spot on! Good barrel and trigger discipline, & I like that #4 is actually covering the rear. That gets missed a lot.  Was this posed or InAction?

Its the camera angel, round would hit the dirt had I fired.

We were practicing room entering with no firing at the time. Not used to MOUT combat.

I own 16 firearms

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say you're a minor which makes everything in that statement wrong. 18 for long arms 21 for pistols isn't it? Hell I'm 16 and my Dad owns several guns I use but I don't think I'd claim to own them.

Well...not truly the definitions in question here.

It's the implication of the word. Mercenary carries a connotation of only fighting for money regardless of "sides".

PMCs tend to convey a group of civilians (read: non-military) people trained in their specialty aiding a country in a non-military manner. e.g. Blackwater's security contract with high-ranking US Officials.

Maybe they're the same thing by definition, yes. But I know PMCs who would be quite offended if one were to call them mercenaries.

Oh, and by the way, PMC and Mercenary are the same thing, whether you like it or not.

I don't believe that this is true. Look up the definition for Mercenary and PMC's on wikipedia (dunno if that is a valid/trusted source to you or not).

"If, however, the contractor engages in combat, he/she can be classified as a mercenary by the captors under the 1997 Protocol I Additional to the Geneva Conventions....If captured contractors are found to be mercenaries, they are an unlawful combatant and lose the right to prisoner of war status."

A "PMC" is merely a more pc term dreamt up by a Brit merc company in the late 1990s to get away from the bad feeling generated by the word "Mercenary" in order to boost their business.

It caught on and the rest is history.

PMC=Mercenary and vice versa.

Anyone interested in this should watch Shadow company, its very interesting.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130

They are Eagle MLCS pouches, the Hydro is HSGI. I bought the Shoulder pads too but they were a right bugger to fit so i took them off again.. Besides when fitted they dont allow you to run comms leads or hydro tube through the loops.. or maybe i was just fitting them incorrectly.

I was trying to budget to be honest.. I also use Marpat sometimes so CB seemed like the obvious choice, that and the fact that i seem to see a lot of brown dominance in Multicam made my mind up for me. It seems to work ok i think.

I also have the MLCS pouches in cb, though im still in need of a gp pouch and hydration pouch.. getting them in stock is proving a problem, as is finding a padded molle belt and folding dumper in cb.

A "PMC" is merely a more pc term dreamt up by a Brit merc company in the late 1990s to get away from the bad feeling generated by the word "Mercenary" in order to boost their business.

It caught on and the rest is history.

PMC=Mercenary and vice versa.

Anyone interested in this should watch Shadow company, its very interesting.

Darkchild

I don't understand. If they are the same thing, then why would they have to be "classified" as a Mercenary? If they are the same thing, what is there to classify? If they are FOUND to be a Mercenary, then " they are an unlawful combatant and lose the right to prisoner of war status."

Simple and cheap.  I use "PMC/ SF Civvy" as an excuse for more cheap loadout.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2471/frontangleresizepc0.jpg

You seem to spend no money ever. Homemade silencers, cheap loadouts and it always looks *fruitcage* awesome. I hate you man. :P

You seem to spend no money ever. Homemade silencers, cheap loadouts and it always looks *fruitcage* awesome.  I hate you man. :P

Hahahah, thanks! Oh yea, I also got the hunting cap for free a few years ago. :P

Moral of the story, you don't always need 'Gucci' gear to look decent.

A really quick kit list:

M4A1 - Not entirely sure of the price

M9 GBB - $60 package with 5000 rounds of bb and free can of gas

Adidas windbreaker jacket - $10 (5 years ago at a sale at the store)

Old Navy Cargo pants - $11 (Old Navy Sale)

Hunting hat - Freebie

Tactical vest - $40

Tactical boots with steel toes - $60

Cheap holster - $10

Mechanic/Work gloves - $8 (good quality for the price)

Shemagh - $10

Best part is, the clothes can be worn on normal occasions as well!

Edited by Souske
Kylec, I'm just going to come out and say it, your a real doushebag. Do all you do is come on this forum and flame people insyead of giving them constructive critisim. If your going to be an *albatross* to me or other poeple like you have a on numerous occasions then just don't say anything at all. Also, Private Contractors are usually working for a company such as Blackwater and are generally more organized. Mercenaries are usually lone and often fight just for money and arn't as organized. Also, I've been shooting in the Real Steel or around Real Steel weaponay since I was a toddler. I own 16 firearms and have shot dozens more. I think I have an adiquite amount of experince.

If by numerous occasions, you mean twice (both times directed at you and your asinine posts)..you'd be correct. I'm not going to touch base with the drivel you just typed. As for my latest reputation points; I'm neither a "kid" or a "fag", but thanks for playing.