Guess what woke me up

Deepeyes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More depressing is the fact that this is just a small sample of what the 'Ring of Fire' can do. If one of the larger volcanoes that form the ring go up, then they'll quite easily destroy most of North America. Worse still, there's the possibility that one or two major volcanoes could trigger the whole lot. Which'd be the end of mankind as we know it.

You know I've heard that the world is supposed to end in the year 2012.

2012 is actually the year 2000 in the Mayan calendar, so that prophecy of the world ending in the year 2000 could actually be true...in the Mayan calendar.

Of course that could just be some more zealot bull, so I wouldn't worry about it.

We'll all know in 7 years...

You know I've heard that the world is supposed to end in the year 2012.

2012 is actually the year 2000 in the Mayan calendar, so that prophecy of the world ending in the year 2000 could actually be true...in the Mayan calendar.

Of course that could just be some more zealot bullsh*t, so I wouldn't worry about it.

We'll all know in 7 years...

Lol...If I was living back then...... I wouldn't want to count out more than 2000 years accurately. I'd be like "hey, it stops at 2000 because NONE OF US will be alive then.. ummm i mean..... that's when the world ends!"

Damn...100 000 dead as far as i know and the desieses arent making things any better. Remember the Krakatau explosion in the late 1800. The whole damn island fell under the water. The explosion lifted up wawes bigger than 40 metres and covered many cities in the Indonesian coustline. What would have happenned if this would have been as powerful as the Krakatau explosion....

We had a quick wip round at our regular familly party on boxing day and raised a bit of money and sent it off... £60 aint much but its all we could muster in a short space of time... hope it helps and everything is going ok...

thinking of you all *AL*

Hehehe No my call sign isn't Deadeyes and I don't plan it to be for a long time to come. Well Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been helping people around the island and provinces. I went up to nail coffins shutt at a temple...it's horrible....so many dead, I still have to get the smell off my boots. Well I did go with some students and teachers from my school, the teaches didn't want the studenst working with the bodies so i took them to a local hospital so we could help anyone we could. I was driving my SUV and it was loaded with cloths and food and water we had brought up from Puket. We went around the hospital looking for tourist to helpout. Most had been flown Up to Bangkok or driven down to the hospitals in Phuket. The only people in this little hospital (not in Phuket). Where ones that where not fit to fly or travel due to injuries and one other guy who was staying becasue he was looking for his 12mounth old daughter, wife and grand mother. We too his and their information and posted them to the school and respected conculates. I used the new digital camera that I had just got for X-mas to take photos of the missing people Posters up in the hospital to take down to the main area in Phuket in hopes of finding them down there. I will see if they will need me to take photos of the dead for identification perposes. Then the next day I took books and magazines to the main hospital in Phuket to see if any tourist wanted anything to read, my friends brought toys and sweets for children. So we went around offereing books and any other help they wanted, bust i found most of them just wanted someone to lissen to thier story. I was very happy to sit and lissen to them, this is the most eventful thing that has ever happend to them. I heard some happy stories, but alot of very sad ones. I try and give them hope that their, child, mother, father, spouse, brother, sister, lover or friend is still alive because there is a very good chance that they are, but it is equally likely that they are not. Some where happy to see use and other just wanted us out of their rooms. I don't take it personally or anything, I understand why they don't want us there. We took down the names of their missing family and friends to search, I have had a look and have not found the names but I'm going to check to see if my friends have found them. I also forfild some very simple request. This elderly couple had lost everything but the cloths on thier backs, They ask if i could get them some fruit because all the hospital was giving them was cakes. So i headed off and bought them a veriety of fruit, well i cam o the room and they said "oh no" (i don't think they though i woul actualy go buy fruit) The felt bad because they though they needed to pay me back. I had no intetions of getting money back from them. I just wanted to get them what they need. Well that made them happy and i was happy i could help. The second one was thi young boy that had lost his parents, I got him a tetris game to help occupy his mind (as per his guardians request) They also wanted to pay me back but i didn't want their money, It's not why i help people. I may head down tommorroe to check up on them, but most if not all of them should have been flown out by now. Plus i need to go shopping for new cloths, I donated a lot of it away. Well i'm well and ok, Take care everyone and don't worry I'm fine. I appreciate the concern.

Good that I've been there already this summer. It's been such a wonderful place ... liked also the shooting range. Hard to believe that at the same paradise like beaches where I've been relaxing are now lying hundreds of dead tourist corpses. Just hope Phuket will recover soon and the people find back to normality soon.

Deepeyes, do you know if the Austrian Restaurant with their Boss and Staff is still okey? I liked their Schnitzel so much. Good luck to you! Hope the authorities can

prevent any outbreak of epidemics.

Well I'll have a look for you, I think i know the place your talking about.

Lol...If I was living back then...... I wouldn't want to count out more than 2000 years accurately. I'd be like "hey, it stops at 2000 because NONE OF US will be alive then.. ummm i mean..... that's when the world ends!"

Yeah, you also have to keep in mind, these people drained people's blood into pyramaids with giant steps on them...it's pretty likely, they were smokin' something when they proclaimed that prophecy.

Yeah, you also have to keep in mind, these people drained people's blood into pyramaids with giant steps on them...it's pretty likely, they were smokin' something when they proclaimed that prophecy.

Yeah, I remember learning about that stuff in High School. They had this rain god, and for the sacrifice they took the tears from children. They whipped them to make them cry..

The ruler of the Aztecs had to like poke his nuts with something and bleed on sacred paper and burn it in special rituals... crazy stuff. They also cut the hearts out of living captives, and then burned them.

The Aztecs were one awesome ancient civilization :)

Thankfully you are still alive. I was shocked when I heard that Tsunamis hit after the earthquakes and you were on an island. Best of wishes to you and good luck to everyone who's still alive from this horrible natural disaster. Sending my Christmas money through paypal donations right now.

'Keep a stiff upper lip'

Well my girlfriend always said my eyes where my best feture so deepeyes seemed like a good original callsign. Please make any donations you can, every little bit helps. I'm going to pop by the hospital later today to check on the people I have already seen. Well i'm going to get plastard tonight with some friends, Happy new years all.

Well I'll have a look for you, I think i know the place your talking about.

You do a great job over there. I think you got more important things to do than looking for the Austrian Restaurant, but I really appreciate it.

I was told there are already tourists swimming and tanning again at the Patong Beach in Phuket. Is that true? I Can't believe people show that little respect for the victims and are not afraid at all.

A successful and healthy New Year !

Yea there are people sunning and tanning and doing the regular things, I understand how it would seem disrespectful but life has to go on. And torisum is the life blood of this area so the locals need them to be doing their things to get back on their feet. Well i'm backing of from my helping, there are more than enough aid workers around now and i would probably just get in there way. I may head back up to the provinces to see if i can do any more little jobs for people. Well happy new year and take care.

Archived