• i like to see other people do tricks, but don't do it myself
    • it's fun, but the only thing i can do is break my gun
    • It's idiotic, the only thing you achieve is a busted gun

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here, here!

-Sh0ty

FFS - A statement of approval is worded thus: "Hear, Hear!" - in order to impress upon everyone how important whatever has been said is, hence why you are telling them to hear it.

"Here, Here!" Is what you say when I ask "Is there anyone here who has no grasp of the english language?"

I believe it's bad practice to release the slide through using the catch.

Instead when the slide is locked back, you should pull it back again and the slide catch will release :)

Even better if you have a plastic slide, reduces wear on that area.

the reason why safety catches were invented, and why glocks arent good for tricks :P

I twirl my hiapa ocasionally, but my m9 is best for trick,s

sometimes i hold the slide on my metal hicapa and single hand rack it like a shotty. then catch it in my hand but too gucci and too risky ill wager...

the reason why safety catches were invented, and why glocks arent good for tricks

Correction, KSC/KWA and real steel glocks, are bad for tricks, but Marui, KJW, and HFC have external safties (and the same design)

-Sh0ty

I'll admit I didn't make this up - I actually saw it on Wild West Tech on the History Channel - but I tend to twirl my SAA forward and then catch it with my thumb on the hammer as the barrel returns to horizontal, thus cocking the hammer.

It can also be done whilst drawing from a (strong side, hip-mounted) holster, but I don't have even a half-decent holster to use.

I only mess around with my springer USPc.

I will mess around with the mags, loading them with momentum and all that.

My favorite is still something I'm working on. A friend taught me a while ago...

This is for the scenario that someone is forcing you to surrender your weapon (not too applicable in airsoft, but fun none the less)...

You hold the gun with the barrel pointed at you, hands aruond the slide with your shooting finger under the trigger guard. Then right when the person is about to take the gun from you, you flip it upside down, twirl it backwards and it winds up in firing position. At this poin, in theory, you kill your attacker who has not had time to react to your shenanigans.

May it be noted that I dropped my gun twice attempting this trick so I could figure out how to write instructions....

for those wanting to practice, a few small tips:

practice infront of your sofa or bed or sofa-bed if you're unlucky :P at least then theres a good chance it'll land on something soft :D Oh yeah and make sure your girlfriend/partner/sheep isn't in the bed while you're trying out some moves or you might get bleeted at.

And don't load the gun with BBs :P charge it with gas and/or cock the hammer so you can perfect it without shooting yourself in the balls (and check the chamber).

Unless the trick is dead simple forget about using it in the field, you'll only end up throwing your pistol into a tree or out in front of you where you'll get shot when you go to fetch it :P

My real "trick" to fast draw/hip shoot - I'm quite fast and quite accurate too :) Well I think so, poo to what you think :P

Oh and SilentSwift I think I saw Clint Eastwood do that in... hmmm Outlaw Josey Wales I thinks ;)

I dunno if these count as gun tricks or not... But here they are:

1. My friend, while wearing full protection (helmet, pads, etc), once did a Matrix-style sideway dive with an M16A1 VN in hand, firing away at fully-automatic. He didn't get hurt or damage his weapon.

2. A member of my team, while playing the role of spotter (a sniper's companion), got ambushed. His M4A1 ran out of ammo. He dropped the empty gun, dug out a PAIR of MP5Ks, and sprayed away, Neo-style. He was hit by five different AEGs.

3. A member of the opposing team grabbed two AUGs and tried to dual-wield "gangsta style." He was cut down.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived