Best Series by Classic Army

Fuser

Which series released by Classic Army is the BEST?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which series released by Classic Army is the BEST?

• The CA33E
    • G36 Series
    • MP5 Series
    • M15 Series
    • The SLR
    • The AUG
    • Other (Offizier and 249's)

I'm ordering a CA36K sometime within the week, but I'd like to stay open-minded. Also a friend of mine is considering a CA.

I guess only vote if you really know what you're talking about, if you've owned the gun or used it.

Thanks!

The CA HK guns, G36 and MP5 (never held a CA33), have weak selector switch that either tends to break easily or doesn't have positive clicking. The SLR is pretty new, but a teammate did strip the piston (or gear I forgot which) on the first day of use. The AUG is even newer, and I have no shooting experience with it. The 249 is really a different ball park.

That leaves the M15 series. Probably the most reliable guns CA makes. Neither my carbine or CQB ever gave me any trouble.

Is the newest one the M15A4?

Well, the latest CA M16/M4 style AEGs are the M15 series with legal Armalite logo and individual serial number. CA is also constantly improving their M15s from production to production. If you buy a new one today, your serial number is likely to be in the 20000s, and the hop up dial is likely to be yellow. Older M15s with smaller serial numbers had black hop up dial, but most of them were just as good. Among the M15s, there are also differences in the internals, about half uses 6mm bushing while the other half uses 7mm, and the CQB has some more improvement on the trigger contact.

I'ved only used the CA33e, MP5, M15, and G36 series, and my personal preference is the G36 series. But it's nothing more than that, it's more of a opinion of looks and style.

Of course if we're talking internals, then the M15 and MP5 series are last in my book due to the crummy version 2 gearboxes.

You'll be very satisfied with an G36K, their better than M4's :)

I don't know I've just always thought that M4's are bad-looking and outdated and only for people who want to rape the hell out of them with accessories.

Calm down, M4 owners, this is just an opinion.

I'ved only used the CA33e, MP5, M15, and G36 series, and my personal preference is the G36 series. But it's nothing more than that, it's more of a opinion of looks and style.

Of course if we're talking internals, then the M15 and MP5 series are last in my book due to the crummy version 2 gearboxes.

You'll be very satisfied with an G36K, their better than M4's  :)

I am not aware of any performance advantages of version 3 gearbox over version 2 gearbox. My impression is that they merely have different shape, so they fit in different shaped guns. Feel free to prove me wrong.

But I agree with the point that it is more about the look of the guns since really all CA guns nowadays perform fairly similar.

I'm going to say stick with the M15 series. Why? Because its the series that CA has the most experience with, and probably poured the most emphasis into. I wouldn't trust anything made by CA, ICS, G&P, etc. on the first run. Let 'em come out and see what sort of problems people have with them, and give it a month.

If nothing less, it'll allow you to save up some more money while you wait.

I'm going to say stick with the M15 series.  Why?  Because its the series that CA has the most experience with, and probably poured the most emphasis into.  I wouldn't trust anything made by CA, ICS, G&P, etc. on the first run.  Let 'em come out and see what sort of problems people have with them, and give it a month.

If nothing less, it'll allow you to save up some more money while you wait.

Yep. I'd even give it a year for them to sort out the initial problems and improve their production line.

Hmm.. you said that the newer ones will start with serial number 2......

Well is it also true with the CA CQB guns?

Mine came with serial: 057654

So did I got a new gun with old body? It does have yellow dials etc... gearbox is the newest one just like supposed to.

Hmm.. you said that the newer ones will start with serial number 2......

Well is it also true with the CA CQB guns?

Mine came with serial: 057654

So did I got a new gun with old body? It does have yellow dials etc... gearbox is the newest one just like supposed to.

Who? Me? I didn't say they should start with 2, I said they'd be at least in the 20000s. Yours is already in the 50000s. ;) My old carbine's number is in the 10000s, and it has black hop up, and my relatively new CQB is in the 20000s, and has yellow hop up.

Well, I had to vote on the G36 series cause the early Armalite series hop up was really lame and the only G33 I fired had an impressive range (also due to hop up breakdown again early model) of 8meters... so, the new series of airsoft weapons with decent hop-up are my choice.

Cheers...

Well, I had to vote on the G36 series cause the early Armalite series hop up was really lame and the only G33 I fired had an impressive range (also due to hop up breakdown again early model) of 8meters... so, the new series of airsoft weapons with decent hop-up are my choice.

Cheers...

Alot of people are arguing that problems like that have been fixed, though. I guess it really does just boil down to the appearance of the gun.

By the way, does anyone know what year the CA36 and CA36K came out? I know they were released after the CA36C and the CQB...

i cant knock any of the CA series but im giving biggups to the SLR

had mine for 2 months and my god am i happy with it.

i bought mine at the same time as my cousin bought a CA M15A4 tac carb and in comparison the ak's muzzle V is 310fps and the M15A4's muzzle V was 290 out of the box but has dropped to 260

i have heard that a lot of the M15's do that and nobody seems to know why (the drop was after bedding it in)

Went to AEX to feel the CA guns, and it seems I don't like any of the CA current guns except the M15s. The MP5's navy style selector switch feels too flimsy. The G36s can only take small battery unless modified or use custom batteries, and the SLR just does not feel the same as a standard AK47. The new SAR Offizier looks pretty nice, but I am now waiting for the SAR rifle, http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/news/may06/...E%20leaflet.jpg and it will possibly be my next AEG. :)

Archived