sidearms..

scott27

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think a side arm is definately worth while. Ive had to use it a number of times in skirmishes, because i often use low caps, and my G36c has a small battery, so i have my Glock 19 handy while i do a quick battery change.

This infact happened last weekend while i was defending in a woodland battle, and ended up taken out 3 guys as they swarmed my position, with my glock!

So, i was pretty glad i had it.

Also, the coolness fashion is always good, as well as them being fun. Defending a building when horribly outnumbered with a G36 in one hand, and a Glock in the other is fun.

Also, often its not practical to use an AEG (especially a long rifle like an M14), pistol will be your saviour in that case.

So CQB in Urban, or just leaping over a wooden barricade and shooting some block in the head, will be much easier with a pistol than a rifle.

Alot of people i know, use only Pistols in CQB urban, aslong as u've got enough mags, a GBB is tremendous fun, and much more flexible.

Gas weapons also make alot more noise, and are more effective, so often people will fear u more, as u will be able to snap shoot, quicker, more accuratly and do more damage with a pistol than a rifle.

:D

Are they necessary? Only if you're a man.

Oh, and wtf?

400 what?

:zorro:

Couldn't have said id better if i tried.

GBB=Coolness factor 10

Useful factor= 8, amazingly fun for doing anything even if its just plinking without killing all your ammo before a game. Oh and when your AEG breaks in a skirmish which it more than likely will sooner or later even if its just down to a jam getting caught unarmed by a support gunner on your way back to the safe zone can be lethal.

Off-topic: Pilko do you go to fireball squadron?

I see every one has mentioned AEGs

Well, a backup pistol or AEP is a must if you use a bolt action rifle, mainly for the close quaters and when people get to close. also its easier to pull the trigger semi auto on the pistol when u need to get several shots off.

Also i find them extremely usefull for clearing rooms and as mentioned if you are caught or shot apon while reloading your pistol is there to give you a little fireback if needed.

always maintain it like a girlfriend since they tend to be finky

Even my girlfriend doesn't require as much money or babieing as my pistol. :D

Sidearms, IMO aren't nesessary. It sure it nice to have them, and they can be a deciding factor when things get dicey. It's more for looks and fun than it is good for anything else. I guess this is why its my most expensive Airsoft gun. =)

i reckon sidearms are pretty useful if you don't have enough spare mags. last time i went to a wargame, i had to rent the stuff and i only got 1 (rather small) hicap mag, and the amount of times i had to refill the mag under fire was INSANE. and yes, coolness factor = 10/10. :D

i use mine alot! i play CQB and sometimes i find it better to use a pistol to quickly pop a few shot while leaning around a corner. you can do this alot quicker with a pistol than a rifle. very handy :D

and its fun to use if your feeling rather cocky :P

I have 16 pistols (including 2 heavily upgraded hi-capas, desert eagle, g18c, mk23 nbb and more) soon to be 17, I use 1 maybe 2 a game but always get so annoyed since I have too many guns to choose from, never know what to use, to be loud and use dual hi-capas or to be quiet and use mk23, too much choice.

Archived