sidearms..

scott27

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, they are definitly worth the money, especially in coolness factor, you can't just beat a GBB :P

It's good to have a backup weapon in case your primary fails. A good quality GBB and 3 or 4 mags will probably cost you 400+, but a) you have good backup b)quality GBBs are hard to beat in terms of fun c)you can lend that to your dad or what not and you can both play d)if you want someting different or a good challenge you have one (pistol vs. AEG) and e) having a secondary in a long game just in case you get caught reloading all your mags or what not it's there.

If you get one, a)always maintain it like a girlfriend since they tend to be finky b)get good spare mags for it c)a quality holster like duty holster not some cheap one which could break and you'd loose it d)have fun.

I'm a firm believer in the adage 'It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.' It's all to easy for a BB to jam in your AEG or your battery to go dead just when you're about to face down the screaming hordes of the opposition. At least with a sidearm you have the chance to take a few of them with you.

If you use low-caps then I'd advise that you get a sidearm, simply because you will be reloading a lot more and will not be able to carry as much ammo as if you use hi-caps.

I've used my sidearm at least once a day when skirmishing, either because I get caught reloading, have no primary ammo left or just so I actually make use of it. Much cooler than AEGs anyway.

put it this way, i dont own an AEG, but i own a $1000+ 1911, and have just ordered a bob chow special, for my main guns (because i like duelies :D ) and have today recieved a full metal kimber with 3000-x laser thats my back up, they arent neccasry if you own any AEG with a few hi-caps, but for the pistol lover like myself, they are extremely recomened :P

It's definitely worth getting a sidearm, in fact urge all of your friends who don't have GBB pistols to buy them as soon as they can. Then at least one of you should get a propane adapter and you can have pistols games, as they're the best games ever.

AEGs are good on the field, but GBBs are downright addictive.

Necessary? Since when has that been a factor in anything? :D

I have 8 sidearms currently (soon to be 9 :rolleyes: ) and thats after I sold a few :P

And never have I been in a situation where it was absolutely necessary to use a sidearm but who needs to be in an absolutely necessary situation to shoot off a sidearm anyway. ;)

So yea dude you should absolutely start buying sidearms :)

Purely in terms of practicality.

CQB/urban. A sidearm can save the day. Certainly for CQB a decent pistol (NBB, GBB or AEP) can beat an AEG in a tight corner. A good secure but easily accessable holster is equally important though.

Woodland. Not really needed, extra rifle mags & battery are probably more cost effective & useful. At some point when carrying a pistol in woodland you will lose it or at least the mag. This is especially true if the sidearm is in a drop leg. They tend to catch on undergrowth. I'd recommend having the gun somewhere on the chest to protect it. ;)

Or get a decent holster...Sherpa by Blackhawk, Safariland 6004 and a tactical retention lanyard. Never lost my pistol...even though my POS holster dropped it a few tiems.

And seriously? if you have a field that goes from Woodland to CQB, and your gun shoots hot, well....duh?!

I wouldn't invest in a GBB for a main-back-up... usually they waste gas like crazy. Get a UHC USP or TM Mk23. They're more efficient in the gas, saving you money in the early days of your affliction--sorry--addiction-- no, involvement in airsoft!

EDIT: I just noticed that I had 150 posts, however, its now 151. OK, time for a big double party!

A sidearms not an absolute must, but it doesn't hurt to invest in one (some sites offer pistols only games) You can even use a bog standard springer pistol so it won't break the bank (like i do - TM Glock 17L springer) Priceless when you get kills with 'em!

Several times I've found myself in the situation where my AEG has stopped firing for some reason, and the enemy have been discourteous enough to attack me without letting me fix the problem.

In this situation, it is time to draw your backup weapon (be it a pistol, shotgun, or PDW like the MP7) and let them know you're displeased by their rudeness.

Sidearms are not essential, but as said before they are sure a hell of a lot of fun. I rarely have to purposefully draw my pistols out their holsters but its comforting to know they are there. A couple of times I have run out of AEG ammo, and suchlike and I've had to use my pistols, so they are a savior in that respect. I generally carry a GBB + spare mags, plus a NBB with one fully loaded mag, so even if my GBB doesn't want to cycle because of the cold, I have the NBB to take its place.

Of course they are nesecary! Get 2 and join the church of Johwoo softing!*

*Please note that this user is not responsibe for any broken wrists, disolcated shoulders or any other damaged body parts that may be incured when diving sideways over a bunker wall with 2 GBB's

Archived