Petition for Airsoft F2000/FS2000

Jagdraben

Would you purchase an airsoft version of an FNH F2000 and/or FS2000?  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase an airsoft version of an FNH F2000 and/or FS2000?

• Yes - I'd single-handedly equip my entire team with them.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying both an F2000 and FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an F2000, and would like to see an FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an F2000, but would rather not like to see an FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an FS2000, and would like to see an F2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an FS2000, and would rather not like to see an F2000.
    • No preference - I'd like to see one or both, but wouldn't buy one myself.
    • No - I would rather not see either produced by any company.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE!

New email from G&G:

Dear X,

Thank you very much for your reply. We are glad to have the opportunity to

make the FS2000 for the players.

Regarding the 3D modeling file. If it is possible,we would like to have

(.igs file),and please feel free to offer us

your original file.

We look forward receiving your information soon. Hope we can open the FS2000

soon.

Many Thanks,

Y

G&G ARMAMENT

(Also posted in the G&G National AEG thread and the other F2000 petition thread.)

Why would they sell replacement stocks? The only reason you would need one is if the original one broke or something.

I think it would be easier to get a replacement stock than a complete gun. And since we're only after the measurements, it would help a big deal if we could have a stock scanned.

By doing that, we would already be halfway done with the necessary computer model. ;)

Who says we can do it all at once?

For correct measurements one would have to dismantle the gun and take the measurements of every external part individually. Making the gun's body out of one big mold without any moving switches would not be that satisfying for us I think.

Of course it would be the best case if we can get a whole gun at once, but if that's not possible we have to work with what we can get. :)

Geez, some people have very little imagination.

The stock is a large, complex molding. It's also not a part that should have restrictions on sale or import.

Same goes for the foregrip.

The receiver, itself, could quite easily be machined out of a block of alloy (or even wood for modelling purposes) and dropped into place to give a "finished" gun.

So, rather than short-sighted bleating, does anybody actually know if replacement FS2000 parts are available or not?

Incidentally, regarding the whole "Why FN-AUS?" thing... Is the FS2000 available worldwide or just for the US market?

If it's only for sale in the USA then it would seem that FN-USA is the way to go.

As a Brit, if I write to FN (Belgium or USA) they're unlikely to pay take me too seriously if the FS2000 isn't for sale in the UK.

As a final thought, it strikes me as a bit sad that real firearm makers seem to have more interest in diversity than airsoft ones.

I wonder what motivates FN to develop civvie versions of the P90 and F2000 rather than just continuing to sell what they were already selling?

Shame that airsoft manufacturers are too lazy to act in a similar way.

Incidentally, regarding the whole "Why FN-AUS?" thing... Is the FS2000 available worldwide or just for the US market?

Only in the US, I believe. It was developed by FN-Herstal USA, although nearly almost all the parts are imported.

I wonder what motivates FN to develop civvie versions of the P90 and F2000 rather than just continuing to sell what they were already selling?

More money. Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 sunsetted. Immediately after that happened, FN-Herstal had prototypes for a PS90 and an FS2000 at the next SHOT show (FNHUSA is also the only real steel 'foreign' firearms company to have started importing modified mil/LE weapons for the civilian market, other than SiGArms). The F2000 and P90, as select fire, short-barreled rifles would only be available to Mil/LE and Class III weapons permit holders. So they modified the guns to be able to import them with enough superficial changes to be regarded as 'sporter' rifles.

So far, FNH USA has been unable to keep up with demand for FS2000s, so I would bet that FNH USA's decision to modify the P90 and F2000 for the US civilian market has paid off big time. Hopefully FNH USA will make more F2000 accessories available to the US civilian market once they catch up with demand and, so far as I can tell, their inability to keep up with demand thus far would likely mean that they have no spare stocks to sell.

PM recieved from one of the members of the Fiveseven.com forums:

Give me an e-mail. I have an FS 2000 and my wife is photographer. I am a field scientist used to taking hundreds of photos with scales in the picture. Tell me what you want and i'll provide it in return for one of the new airsofts. If you can be sure about the validity of the trade, I'll spend a day or 2 shooting high resolution photos (10 megabyte jpgs). Let me know. i'll wait a year for the product. Sounds exciting.

(This is also posted in the G&G National AEG thread and the other F2000 petition thread.)

I'll rain on your parade, just for the fun of it. F2000 is coming, pretty soon, pretty cheap and still pretty. The Chinese aren't dumb - if they put some of their elbow grease in R&D, they won't do it by halves.

Who would have suspected that people making countless crappy EBBs will surprise us with a premiere SCAR and F2000?

Marui, eat your genitalia out. Not mentioning the heart.

And that funny sight hump? Replicable. Some of you will probably hammer it out of whatever stuff you have handy and chuck a 2,5x reddot innit.

I'll rain on your parade, just for the fun of it. F2000 is coming, pretty soon, pretty cheap and still pretty. The Chinese aren't dumb - if they put some of their elbow grease in R&D, they won't do it by halves.

Who would have suspected that people making countless crappy EBBs will surprise us with a premiere SCAR and F2000?

Marui, eat your genitalia out. Not mentioning the heart.

And that funny sight hump? Replicable. Some of you will probably hammer it out of whatever stuff you have handy and chuck a 2,5x reddot innit.

Normally I would call this a troll.

We know about the JLS but it won't be anywhere near the quality of a TM or G&G.

And the sight: are you kidding? Its not that easy to make unless you are content with a piece of plastic bent over a sight, which seems to be what you are suggesting. While I could make it, it would probably end up costing more than if someone else manufactured it and it wouldn't be worth my time.

Archived