Petition for Airsoft F2000/FS2000

Jagdraben

Would you purchase an airsoft version of an FNH F2000 and/or FS2000?  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase an airsoft version of an FNH F2000 and/or FS2000?

• Yes - I'd single-handedly equip my entire team with them.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying both an F2000 and FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an F2000, and would like to see an FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an F2000, but would rather not like to see an FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an FS2000, and would like to see an F2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an FS2000, and would rather not like to see an F2000.
    • No preference - I'd like to see one or both, but wouldn't buy one myself.
    • No - I would rather not see either produced by any company.

Well... would you like to see an FNH F2000 and/or FS2000 produced in airsoft form?

This is, like the previous petition for an FNH SCAR/Mk 16/17 an open letter to all AEG-producing companies, large and small.

Please avoid flaming each other as you post your thoughts.

Thanks!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to sound harsh but, while sure, i would like to see one like any other gun not currently made (it adds variety to aeg choices which imo is a good thing), one little petition to try and persuade any manufacturer to make a specific gun is like ######### in the wind. They dont care much outside their domestic markets, we are just a sideline bonus when it comes to bringing in cash.

If it is made, it will be when they feel like it, not when they are asked by the community of a small airsoft forum ;)

This has been discussed to death with the same result every time: petitions do not work. We've been petitioning for a Five-seveN for years. And people have wanted an F2000 since it was invented in the real world.

Here's how it's going to work (based on experience in Airsoft, not actual intel), first someone is going to create a kit for an aug or something like that to convert it (probably Star, or something). It will run anywhere from $600 to $1200. Then, CYMA will come out with a completely worthless hunk of scrap plastic for about $120. It will then drop to $70. Then Evike will make a Matrix2000 which will essentially be a poor quality CYMA with a decent mechbox for $120. Not a good mechbox, a decent one.

Throughout this time we'll have several hundred pointless threads from 12 year olds asking if it's good. It won't be, but they won't want to believe us.

Finally, two years later, Classic Army will develop one, shortly followed by G&G, shortly followed by Star. The Classic Army one will be great, the G&G one will have mechanical issues until the third batch, and the Star one will be argued about and generally dismissed over the CA version, mainly because it will have a plastic gearbox.

Any questions?

Again though i would not probably buy one of these (Even though i do like their design more than the scar) i have voted yes to se them made for the sake of the played who would buy them.

Like i said last time its only fair to the players who do like them.

It like i would love to see either/both the TAR-21 and the SAR-21 made (I would buy both) So if ever a poll goes up for either of those weapons i hope that the players are decent enough to vote yes for the players who do like these weapons sake.

Grim

Not to sound harsh but, while sure, i would like to see one like any other gun not currently made (it adds variety to aeg choices which imo is a good thing), one little petition to try and persuade any manufacturer to make a specific gun is like ######### in the wind. They dont care much outside their domestic markets, we are just a sideline bonus when it comes to bringing in cash.

If it is made, it will be when they feel like it, not when they are asked by the community of a small airsoft forum  ;)

Ow, you know you want one as well.... Admit it :P

The version availible for civilian purchase. It's appearance in the poll is pretty irrelevant, as it's basically just an F2000 only capable of semi automatic fire.

Ah, that's what I was wondering.

But anyway, I think people should stop making these kinds of threads and just wait and see what manufacturers come out with. I mean, even by sending in a petition, even if it works, will take like 3 years or something for an actual production model to be released. And anyway, the F2000 really isn't that great.

The version availible for civilian purchase. It's appearance in the poll is pretty irrelevant, as it's basically just an F2000 only capable of semi automatic fire.

The appearance of the SL8 or SL9 in a G36 poll would then be irrevelant, I take it?

The FS2000 has a longer barrel (with no bayonet lug) and OD funriture.

That gives it about the same number of differences between the AUG-Mil and AUG-Civ. About as many differences as between the CA36 and the Classic Army SL9-2 or 8-2.

As for those of you who are naysayers: The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

And on another point - the Five-seveN is a wonderful pistol. If I was a cop going up against an ANY armed yoof-gangster, Id rather presume he was packing body armour and have a weapon to deal with it...than have a 9mm against an armoured thug and only find out later when theyre giving me the Last Rites...

And Ill rep point the first person who noticed the irony in me wanting a CETME Ameli rather than a H&K... :P

Archived