Petition for Airsoft F2000/FS2000

Jagdraben

Would you purchase an airsoft version of an FNH F2000 and/or FS2000?  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase an airsoft version of an FNH F2000 and/or FS2000?

• Yes - I'd single-handedly equip my entire team with them.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying both an F2000 and FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an F2000, and would like to see an FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an F2000, but would rather not like to see an FS2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an FS2000, and would like to see an F2000.
    • Yes - I'd be interested in buying an FS2000, and would rather not like to see an F2000.
    • No preference - I'd like to see one or both, but wouldn't buy one myself.
    • No - I would rather not see either produced by any company.

That's why patrol cars are equipped with rifles now.  Let me explain the basics of why the 5-7 is a bad patrol handgun, without going into ballistics:

Armor Piercing = low caliber

Low caliber = fast moving

Fast moving = over penetration (the bullet hits the target and keeps going)

Over penetration = hazardous to use in urban areas

Also, it has far less stopping power than what they use now.  Plus the likeliness of a perp wearing body armor is low.  The North Hollywood incident was special because they were using severe amounts of body armor, not just a vest.  Shooting someone in a vest will stop them.  It does not feel good to be shot in a vest.  If I shot you 3 or 4 times in the vest you'd be going to the hospital for several broken ribs, and you deffinately wouldn't be able to fight anymore.

"Stopping Power" as you described it is a myth. Bullets do not knock people off their feet. Period. It's physically impossible; there is not enough kinetic energy coming out of a bullet to knock a person over. People fall down when they get shot because (a) their central nervous system is damaged, (b ) they faint or collapse due to the shock of realizing they have been shot (more common than you think, people often faint after near misses because they think they've been hit), (c ) the loss of blood causes them to collapse (usually takes at least a few seconds after they've been hit).

Also, getting shot in the vest will not take you out of the fight. Sure, it doesn't feel good, but as you can see here, people are shot in the vest and continue to fight. Bullets don't feel like sledgehammers, they feel like fast paintballs, as I'm sure the armored thugs from the North Hollywood Shootout can attest to.

Finally, just because a bullet is small and moves quickly doesn't mean that it penetrates obstacles well. The .223 (5.56) round, used by most tac teams in the U.S., is a small, high velocity round. However, it penetrates obstacles such as drywall poorly in comparison to the 9mm round--that's why a lot of departments are trading in their MP5s for the M4.

And yes, I would like an airsoft FN F2000 :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fast moving = over penetration (the bullet hits the target and keeps going)

Not in the case of the 5.7x28mm. The 5.7x28mm SS190 ball round has been proven to have less overpenetration than a 9x19mm Parabellum ball round, and won't richocet as easily either.

If I shot you 3 or 4 times in the vest you'd be going to the hospital for several broken ribs, and you deffinately wouldn't be able to fight anymore.

Against cop-issue 9mm Beretta's? I don't think so. Even if you get shot in the vest 3 times by a .45ACP, you're not going to get anything more than 3 nasty bruises.

UPDATE!

Response from G&G, Re: 3D scans:

So someone who has 3D scanning software needs to get together with someone who has an F2000 or an FS2000 and start scanning away!

So this idea may actually became something real? +1 to Jagdraben for pushing the issue with G&G.

Woohoo!

^_^

Pos reps all around!

Pos reps all around again once we've sent G&G the scans!

Pos reps all around again once G&G goes gold with it!

^_^

Hey now, don't get your hopes up just yet.

Afterall, whats the chances of an FFL owning a 3d imaging machine? Better yet whats the chances of them actually loaning it out to get scanned when they have to go through a *beep* load of paperwork just to transfer it?

I say if theres no way we can get them to scan it we e-mail FNH themselves and present our case. Afterall they might be willing to give G&G a set of blue prints and a license for a small comission fee. ;)

Hey now, don't get your hopes up just yet. 

Afterall, whats the chances of an FFL owning a 3d imaging machine? Better yet whats the chances of them actually loaning it out to get scanned when they have to go through a *beep* load of paperwork just to transfer it?

Schedule a 3D scanning session with someone who does and have the owner come in with it. The gun doesn't go anywhere without him. If he takes a ######, the gun goes into the bathroom with him.

I say if theres no way we can get them to scan it we e-mail FNH themselves and present our case. Afterall they might be willing to give G&G a set of blue prints and a license for a small comission fee.  ;)

That would be... a little odd... I mean... negotiating on behalf of G&G without G&G's permission would be a little... unusual. We could ask FN-H USA if they'd be interested and ask G&G if they'd be interested, but unless we have really solid contacts in either or both, it probably won't get very far. I mean, really, given that the F2000/FS2000 is probably a patented design, FN-H probably wouldn't be too keen to start handing out blueprints to every kid (no offense) who asks for them. Especially not if it's to rip off their design and sell it using (essentially) their name.

I'm planning on getting a job with the local Sheriff's department and I've been planning on buying an FS2000 as a patrol rifle. It'll cost me most of the money that I've saved up, but if it's the only way... it's the only way. I have a friend who's majoring in computer engineering, so he should either have access to scanning machines and software and/or know who does.

I've also given pos reps to everyone who has voiced their opinion in the positive for an F2k AEG on this page and the last page. If you want a pos rep and/or I missed you, just let me know.*

EDIT:

What is this all about?  Where is the vote option " What the hell is an F2000?"?  Anyway, is this even going to work?

Look at my sig and my avatar and you'll have a good idea. If you've ever played Splinter Cell you would know it as the SC-20k. Here is a link of pictures collected by another member.

*Offer void if you voted against the petition.

Then take pictures of all 6 sides, measure everything, then get someone to make a 3D model of it.

Yeah. G&G also wants one hundredish (or more) pictures (more = better) in lieu of models and/or parts. Include a ruler in as many images as possible. I think that putting them on a one inch or one centimeter grid would probably help, too. That's another way. But I think they'd prefer the 3D models.

Schedule a 3D scanning session with someone who does and have the owner come in with it. The gun doesn't go anywhere without him. If he takes a ######, the gun goes into the bathroom with him.

That would be... a little odd... I mean... negotiating on behalf of G&G without G&G's permission would be a little... unusual. We could ask FN-H USA if they'd be interested and ask G&G if they'd be interested, but unless we have really solid contacts in either or both, it probably won't get very far. I mean, really, given that the F2000/FS2000 is probably a patented design, FN-H probably wouldn't be too keen to start handing out blueprints to every kid (no offense) who asks for them. Especially not if it's to rip off their design and sell it using (essentially) their name.

I'm planning on getting a job with the local Sheriff's department and I've been planning on buying an FS2000 as a patrol rifle. It'll cost me most of the money that I've saved up, but if it's the only way... it's the only way. I have a friend who's majoring in computer engineering, so he should either have access to scanning machines and software and/or know who does.

I've also given pos reps to everyone who has voiced their opinion in the positive for an F2k AEG on this page and the last page. If you want a pos rep and/or I missed you, just let me know.*

EDIT:

Look at my sig and my avatar and you'll have a good idea. If you've ever played Splinter Cell you would know it as the SC-20k. Here is a link of pictures collected by another member.

*Offer void if you voted against the petition.

Thats true, he could go with it. I'll give it a shot but still no guarentees..

I'm not saying We should ask for blueprints ourselves. we can however ask FN kindly if they'd be open to licensing out their name for a replica, then contact G&G and ask them to contact FNH and work out all the bits. It might also help to tell them that we would be willing to pay extra for the gun if it comes with licensed trades or no trades at all ect.

You and me both buddy.. ;) I'm looking at the OD model on Impactguns for 1,465. If I sell my guarder AKM and M60 I could afford it. The only problem then would be finding someone with an imaging machine to take some scans of it...

Edit: Prehaps we could also ask some FS2K owners on a real steel forum nicely to take some 3d scans?

Hey,

Just voted, haven;t been reading the previous pages and wanted to get my opinion out.

I would be interested in buyign a F2000, but not a FS2000. I like the looks of both, but prefer the f2000.

I would be interested in buying one, but money usually has a way of biting us all in the butt. And at the moment I have more important (airsoft related, do not worry) things I need to put my money towards. None the less I would love to see a company make them and see how they turn out.

Hate to say it but I reckon a good quality F2000 might well be the only gun I'd ever really want. I'm not really a fan of the gun and I'm not really a splinter-cell fan either.

What appeals to me about the F2000 is that there's a lot of room in there to rig up clever stuff like a cut-off that stops it dry firing and a working bolt that needs to be cocked before it'll shoot.

If this if just an AUG stuffed into an F2000 shell then I could take it or leave it. If it is made as a showcase (including features such as the above) for what a company like TM can do, and they produce the foregrip tac-light, LAM and launcher add-ons along with a couple of different scopes for it then I'd be happy to pay $600 for it without thinking twice.

I just want an AEG that is a step ahead of what's available at the moment.

I honestly despair that people go on buying guns that have the same 20 year old design just because they stick a new bloody RIS on it or put some new trademarks on it. :(

As long as people are throwing money at manufacturers to produce the same old tat we'll only ever get what they decide to make.

If everybody, for example, bought ONE bloody armalite and no more they'd soon have the F2000 on the production line.

Maybe the F2000 is more suited to being a project for Tanio Koba or DenTrinity?

I dunno, as I say, I really want it to be more than an AUG in new clothes and I can only see that happening if it's made by one of the big companies.

Besides all that, we've been whining about getting an L85 for years and we, the Brits, have received the first batches of L85s from 2 manufacturers now. Coincidence, or maybe petitions DO work? ;)

I would be interested in buyign a F2000, but not a FS2000. I like the looks of both, but prefer the f2000.

F2000 probably isn't even available to those with a Class III license. It's probably LE and Mil only.

Speaking of guns, I'm looking into one of these babies:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976751622.htm

What? There's no Steyr Arms logo on the side of the receiver? Way to go on your "realistic" replicas CA! [/sarcasm]

F2000 probably isn't even available to those with a Class III license. It's probably LE and Mil only.

Speaking of guns, I'm looking into one of these babies:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976751622.htm

What? There's no Steyr Arms logo on the side of the receiver? Way to go on your "realistic" replicas CA! [/sarcasm]

I think he meant an F2000 AEG, not a real steel F2000.

And, yes, the F2000 is Mil/LEO only. Which is why I'd likely regret buying an FS2000 if I do get a job as a Sheriff's deputy, since then I'll be able to buy the F2000 for less than the cost of an FS2000. :mellow:

ANYHUE.

Archived