Star AG36 Launcher

nikoneko

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My AG36 came through yesterday... ($390 from WGC)

This it the first big thing I've had from Star and it wasn't what I expected. The box for a start is understated but well done, the forearm and gas tube sits in a carved polystyrene block which shows it off to its best advantage (I was expecting plates of polystyrene rather than a carved block).

First impressions of the launcher? Heavy. It's much heavier than I expected. It has some nice markings (how accurate they are I don't know but...) and it's longer than I thought it would be.

I'll try to get some photos and write up something more significant when work doesn't loom over me.

The handguard certainly holds a larger battery than the G&P one... I've yet to try a sub C pack. I'll update you when I do.

<Edit> It won't take a standard 7 cell sub C pack but I have a 2700mAh 9.6V AF NiMH in there at the moment and i suspect it would take a 1&1/5AF back which would give somewhere around 3500mAh in NiMH or 2Ah in NiCad...

It looks to have been designed to take the wierd cluster battery, the one you need to cut the gas tube up for on the Marui but it's better suited for a nunchuck style than the previous foregrips.

One disadvantage with the gas tube, the thread is quite short, the G&P barrel lands on three or four threads at most, I'm going to have to trim the barrel back a little to improve its contact.

kronic: I'll let you see her alright... If you're on the other team again I'll let you see the business end of her :D

Sorry, another correction...

The G&P outer barrel sits on five or six threads, it still doesn't feel very secure but I was getting it confused a little with another outer barrel I have which has a plain diameter before the threads.

Incidentally, for those with G36Ks, the foregrip on the AG36 is longer than the G&P six hole, you'll need to step up to full length if you want your flashhider to be visible :D

And don't forget that I have a gun that looks cooler too :D

Although it is heavier...

I actually only have the same number, 1 x 165 Mosquito Moulds & 2 x 78 King Arms... (and they're really hard to fire on a full load of Green gas...), the other two 78 King Arms rounds are 'Dré's (wasn't there last month; tall, skinny, AK Beta Spetz and MP5SD6 - a right lightfighter) bought in preperation for a later purchase, a CAW revolver launcher...

Back!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/edd...e/AKS74M036.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/edd...e/AKS74M033.jpg

(2 points to whoever spots the problem in the above 2 pictures)

and if all else fails i'll beat you with:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/edd...e/AKS74M035.jpg

(I've got 1 GB tech nade....###### but looks cool, 1 KA 168 rounder and a KA 78 rounder. )

Now that's a new tactic...

So you shoot until you empty the mag, fire the grenade launcher...

Launch your bayonet at the bad guys while at the same time junking the AK...

Well it can't really be a bad thing, one less AK in the world and all that :P

And if you think that battery scares me... (unless you plan to use it as a club of course) :D

Archived