the UKASC migration thread

Rack

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I feel pretty vindicated now stating that I thought ASCUK would rise again under new ownership. Congratulations and best of luck to Aitch and Beaker.

Waveseeker: I think the folks will probably be welcome on both forums, so I can't see why people wouldn't want to go back to ASCUK. Hopefully in the brief visit which many have had here it at least might have set right a few of the negative preconceptions that were espoused about folks who frequented here. If not...Guess we never will. :D

• 2 months later...

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is admin@ascuk.net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:30:02 GMT by www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk (squid/2.6.STABLE3)

Now I know its not my net settings, and I aint "pi55ed" anyone off on the board.....

Anybody else decided on a forum switch?

ASR. I switched because the mods are becoming more and more facist...with one exception. But there's one who could play the role of Stalin and all the others are his goonies.

It's so relaxed here; there's actually off topic, humor, and real steel discussion.

ASR was like, "if it's not airsoft, you're banned". Even the "non-airsoft discussion" section required all topics be related to airsoft.

Some of us saw fit to make a different site, ASR Offtopic, and the ASR guys screamed bloody murder with "W3 4RNT 4FFILIATED W/ U!!!shift1!!

In short, ASR sucks, Arnie's rules.

Some IP ranges were recently banned due to someone who was scamming and kept re-registering and then attempting to hack the site.

I'm getting the same error as madwelshman. Does this mean that we have been banned from the ASCUK forums then? If so, is there any chance of an unbanning?

If your IP has been banned, then the only way to get back is to use a proxy server elsewhere. Some people from Stoke where I like use Manchester's server. Youd need to ask someone else how to change it though.

And I wouldnt ask ASCUK through anyone else to unban a proxy server. Theyll be threatened with a ban, like I was.

This happened to me ages ago (down in cornwall) and was a very sporadic problem, sometimes I could get through, sometime I couldnt.

I found that unplugging my modem seemed to be one of the most surefire ways of getting it to reconnect.

I have no idea why. something about a non-static IP or MAC address?? some such inane compuspeak or other.

• 1 year later...

Nice to see the responsible moderators over at ASCUK keeping the peace and disseminating all the facts by convincing a possibly innocent newbie (and likely a large amount of people reading the newbie discussion area) that he'd broken the law by importing a RIF:

http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/i...howtopic=125076

/Edit - whoops, forgot that ASCUK redirects from here links to their site to Barney and friends :)

Will have to be a copy and paste job

www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=125076

Not sure what your point is.

The guy HAS broken the law by importing a RIF without any apparent defence.

The thing that I find distasteful is the way the forum staff there claim their only motivation is to ensure the law is upheld and yet they leave the thread open for 4 pages so that people can toss insults and threats around.

Personally, I would have thought just closing the thread right away would have been a better solution, along with a PM to the OP advising him of his mistake.

And, on that note...

:padlock:

Archived