TM type 89 Review

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about the burst. Since it's mechanical, what happens if you only fire say, two rounds? Will the rachet reset itself, or will the next burst only consist of one round?

Yes it will reset itself, I've been able too shoot both 1rd and 2rds (using 3rd burst and a little finger control) after that it will reset itself.

Shame about it not being STNMAG compatable. I shudder to think how many armalite owners rushed out to buy this thinking the initial outlay wouldn't be so bad because they can still use their armalite magazines. Good review.

actually u can, my initial review was wrong. U can use stanag mags, but they just sit weird.

What fire modes do the katakana stand for? Which one's safe, which one's semi-, and which one's auto? (I gather that the '3' is the three-round burst. :P)

The selector is counterclockwise, first safe, full auto, 3rd burst, and then semi-auto. I love the 3rd burst, and like what I posted on top I can now even shoot off 1rd or 2rds using the 3rd burst function.

Edited by FriendlyFire!

Doh, you got the incomplete version :P

[ANZEN] Safety

[RENPATSU] Full Auto

["SAN"] 3 burst.

[TANPATSU] Semi-auto

Counterclockwise order

DSC_2119.jpg

Hey Caveman, seeing that you have the loadout going on, I just wanted to know what do the J.G.S.D.F. have for their secondary weapon? And nice loadout man!  :D

Thanks dude ;) I've seen a thread here somewhere taling about their sidearm, Sig P226 has been mentionned (aka "Minebea P9"),

modified P220 Sig's in the JGSDF must be the regular sidearm: AKA "Shin Chuo Koggyo- Kenju 9mm"

You may also see Sig P-230JP (Minebea manufacture too) but it's for police use

Althought it seems that they have their own national manufactured handgun i think, they also have their very own submachine gun that looks likes pretty much an IMI mini Uzi : "Minebea PM-9 Kikan-Tanjuy (submachine gun)" -2.8kg 600rpm-

Nice review and awesome photos!

if only i could give you rep points... but i need 50 posts :(

Well, marui is making all the possible rifles except the beretta ar 70/90... what a pity i want it ;(

Edited by 3n|Gm4

yeah Japanese, more specifically Marui never used "pot metal" when they build stuff, if it's mfg'd in Japan. The Type 89 has a high quality die cast body. On par if not better then the M1A1 and M14 in quality.

The body and the entire rifle is very rigid.

Some Type 89 Accessories:

Tokyo Marui Left Side Selector - ¥850

type89-acc01a.jpg

Tokyo Marui Scope Mount - ¥2400

type89-acc02a.jpg

Carrot Type 89 Bayonet Kit - ¥26,000

type89-bay01a.jpg

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~dj7h-nw/goods/89r.html

• Full Metal
  • Optional Rubber Blade (Sold Seperately)
  • Scabbard and Frog included
  • Will work on M16/M4's as well
  • PDF Assembly Instructions
yeah Japanese, more specifically Marui never used "pot metal" when they build stuff, if it's mfg'd in Japan.  The Type 89 has a high quality die cast body.  On par if not better then the M1A1 and M14 in quality. 

The body and the entire rifle is very rigid.

I would hope its better quality then the M14's as my M14 is litterally cracking after only a year of owning it. The small guide part under the bolt track has snapped in half and the tooth on the operating rod that keeps it in the track is gone. I guess I'll wait for a new upper reciever.

I cant wait to see one of these in person to see if it is indeed better!