G&G L85 Series

SlickAxe

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and is the production version better ?

in what respect?

it came with 2 extra hooks, for the blowback action. i'm planning to use a piece of plasticard to prevent the hook, if it does break (which is only likely to happen if the bolt catches on something while firing), from falling into the gearbox.

the hop up is supposed to be an all new hop up and rubber, the hop up on my gr300 was crappy, but the one on the l85 is the best hop up i've ever used!

in what respect?

it came with 2 extra hooks, for the blowback action. i'm planning to use a piece of plasticard to prevent the hook, if it does break (which is only likely to happen if the bolt catches on something while firing), from falling into the gearbox.

the hop up is supposed to be an all new hop up and rubber, the hop up on my gr300 was crappy, but the one on the l85 is the best hop up i've ever used!

Stop it... You make me want one. My wallet can't take another hit like that. :(

so you were one of the 5 then mate

my brother was one of the five. it's his first aeg, so i have to give him a heads up and make a custom battery for him (read: i get to have a play :D ).

i'll probably get one around new years, i have other projects need sorting first.

The STAR pack will fit I'm sure, it will just mean that the foregrip will need some modification for it to fit. The thing is though, the extra plastic thats in the G&G foregrip is probably there for a reason structurally, but I'm unsure without seeing one with my own eyes

Might be best to use mini batts, or a custom pack as already said

well it was the first skirmish in a long time i didn't change weapon halfway through the day (normally i use my spare for a change).

the blowback feels really nice and gives a bit more feeling to what is normally a very sterile feeling compared to GBBs.

the range and hop up are very good and i experienced no wild shots as i would expect from a new hop rubber.

I have found that the gun has a tendancy to not fire sometimes on semiauto (as with a lot of aegs) but a quick burst soon sorts that.

i will type a more in depth review once i have had some sleep but feel free to ask questions as i have to think less to answer them :D

we did a direct comparison with the Star and the weight is very similar, finish is slightly more shiny on the Star ,plastic are same dimensions and close in colour, rail size is DIFFERANT !,the ROF is slower (due to blowback) range is longer (6.04mm tightbore).

G+G will be releasing the SUSAT shortly (will fit 20mm) and is reputedly going to be tritium illuminated same as the real deal !

ah yes the G+G has all the faux gas parts including the recoil parts that are missing on the Star (pleasant surprise) and the trigger breaks more like a real rifle than an aeg with a slack and breaking point

I haven't enjoyed using a rifle that much for a whole day in a very long time (possibly never before) as the blowback mech just adds to the experience

beware though ,watch your radio headset mike ! i had a couple of lucky escapes at first!

As i said i will get typing later but i have just come off night shift after playing all day yesterday so i need a bit of sleep.

i will try and answer any questions if you have them

the blowback mech feels very solid and gives a good clunk in your ear when you fire which took a bit of getting used to .Also the small amount of felt recoil was a pleasant surprise.

the rail fits regular scopes however does not have the horizontal grooves like a weaver or picatinny rail( SA80 rail of slightly wider dimensions)

My KA Aimpoint and an Elcan fitted on with no problems (the elcan actually looked nice too) but the Star Susat will NOT fit !

Ahh cool, thanks 1st Commando. Sounds like its a 20mm dovetail then, the STAR and Army Code 19mm dovetails can also fit any RIS/RAS optics too, and they don't have the horizontal grooves either.

G&G must have made it wider so only their SUSAT/Iron sights will fit. This probably means that the real-steel iron sights won't fit either, as they're made for a 19mm dovetail too

Archived