G&G L85 Series

SlickAxe

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dosn't need them mate.

Just to clarify, ANY optic made for a RIS/RAS rail WILL fit on the L85's dovetail rail. The dovetail rail is wider at the top than what it is at the bottom, and RIS/RAS mounts affix to the wider portion at the top of the rail. I've fitted loads of different optics made for RIS/RAS rails onto my L85 dovetail, and each one fitted and was as solid as a rock  ;)

How can that be? I'm looking at the bottom of my King Arms red dot, my leapers red dot and my elcan and all three have a pretty substantial bar across their mounting underside made to fit into one of a rail's slots. Were I to mount these to a rail without grooves so the bar was the only thing that was flush and the base mount wasn't flush, I can't see how it wouldn't wobble or even be affixed securely at all.

Pics please of how this'd work? thx in advance

Just to clarify, ANY optic made for a RIS/RAS rail WILL fit on the L85's dovetail rail. The dovetail rail is wider at the top than what it is at the bottom, and RIS/RAS mounts affix to the wider portion at the top of the rail. I've fitted loads of different optics made for RIS/RAS rails onto my L85 dovetail, and each one fitted and was as solid as a rock 

Ah but will the SA80 RS iron sights fit?

After being seriously up for buying one of these I'm starting to have second thoughts. The price is just too high. Putting it up by around £50 after September pushes it over the brink. Yeah, they have priced it competatively with STAR but not with anyone else!

And seriously what does it offer when you get down to the bare bones. My P90 is perfectly reliable and with £40 worth of stuff off of the internet I'll have a tightbore and be firing at the same FPS.

I know i haven't been over there recently, but has anybody actually been over to Airsoft Warehouse since they got their demonstrator version of this in and actually had a play with it to see what it's like rather than just dreaming and speculating?

I know i haven't been over there recently, but has anybody actually been over to Airsoft Warehouse since they got their demonstrator version of this in and actually had a play with it to see what it's like rather than just dreaming and speculating?

Do you read the thread, or just expect people to repost stuff for you?

in other words yes I have !

:) Cheers matey, i was just playing catch-up after my holiday and had a bit forum overload, so was being a bit lazy when i saw 17 unread pages of posts for this thread :( and i chickened out after the first few. me bad. Am upto speed again now.

PariahWolf - you could have just said to re-read the full thread matey! oh well, at least you didn't -ve rep me, so i'll thank you for that at least and apologise for the mind fart and put it down to the post holiday blues.

Back on thread - I'm going to HAVE to pop over there (AW) and have a noesy at these one lunch hour now they're in stock, i'll just have to leave my wallet in work! I'm trying to decide if it's worth replacing the mp7 as my backup weapon to the M249 with one of these as at least that way i can use the same mags for both.

hummm interesting possibilities....

just got back from AW. the sa80s are on route, they should have been there by now but are held up apparently. having large shipments of guns held up is quite common i'm told.

a susat is being made, no details other than that though for now.

A2 versions are confirmed (they are being made at the request of AW).

Archived