a good gun

DUSTER:recon

i no this has probobly been disscused a million times but i couldnt find anything. anyway, i just got my friend into thie sport of airsoft and i would like to no what you recomend. he want an AEG as a rifleman. but he he need an accurate gun that he can also use as a backup sniper. we usually run 4 man squads and his job is to stay in the back of the pack and watch is squad. the thing is that he dont ne a sniper cause we're in heavily wooded areas that are nothin but sticks and bushes. a quik note: he doesnt want a ca33 or G3 and would prefer not to have a bulpup.(i know, the aug would be perfect..)

I can personally voutch for the Classic Army M15A4 Rifle (the M16A3 style, not the carbine styles). That is my current primary and I love it. My only complaint would be that the accuracy isn't quite what I'd like, but still, it's accurate for an AEG, and I'm probably expecting too much.

It will easily convert into a sniper by adding a slight power upgrade (I see you are in the US, so you could go 400 and be fine) and a better barrel for accuracy, and a 2-3x scope. Or, it will easily convert to a support weapon with one of the many C and drum mags out there along with with a 9.6v battery (my friend has the SPC *with the telescoping stock, RIS, and PEQ for the battery* and runs it on a 9.6v. The ROF is insane and perfect for a light machine gun/support weapon). So it can go either way, or both ways :D

It's very sturdy and doesn't break easily. I've slipped and dug the barrel into the ground, filling the flash hider with mud. I jumped into a trench one day when I was being shot at and I accidentally slammed the side of the barrel on the edge of the trench wall. I also slipped totally to the ground and dropped it (the hill was also icy and hard packed, ouch). After all that, plus some (having another metal barrelled ICS M16 jam into the receiver, although my finger was a buffer *winces at the memory*, etc etc), it still works great. I love it.

It also goes pretty easily with most loadouts, since Armalites can be bought at any gun show or hunting store. From SWAT to Terrorist to Revolutionary to Marines, you name it, you can play the part :)

First off smack your friend for being picky. Secondly, I hold the same position as your friend will in games. I use a CA36E with a tightore, and it performs perfectly. I've hit people at 160 feet, has plenty of power, big hicap, and has a built in 3x scope. What's not to love?

m14 is awesome if you have the money. I own the CAm15a4 and i was impressed with how good it is stock. Mine stock chrono'd at only 310fps, and i still was able to get a guy at 120ft.

btw... a 100mm longer barrel BARELY makes the gun more accurate once you're past 300mm. So the m4 is just as accurate as the lonnngg m16.

why don't people just take a minute to actually look for topics like this, instead of rasing my blood pressure and having to waste my time writing things like this.

In other news, M16's have long barrel and subsequently are accurate. AUGs suffer froma similar complex. I'm either getting a AUG or Sig 552 for my next gun.

Archived