Yet another stupid law......

Rob15

*sigh* is this what we are truly destined for??

well, they can sure as well shove that bell where it doesnt go ding! I shall not be adorning the moose bars of my two wheeled steed with some mini klaxon.

I still think the Mk1 'OI!!! Feckin' move!!' works much faster.

5th element's right, it's been law for a couple of years that all complete bikes have to be sold with bells (Yes, even that shiny new santa cruz at the bike shop), but the latest law is that bikes have to have bells fitted at all times when on the road. Of course, it's already illegal to ride on the pavement, so quite why you need a bell is beyond me. Unless of course they had the clever idea of making new unenforcable laws, rather than enforcing the old unenforcable ones....nahhhh that's just silly...

edit: Unless this law in 2004 just meant they had to be sold with bells (but you could legally remove them afterwards and now you cant? im not totally sure)

Only have to be sold with them.

Infact, the current law is all road worthy bikes must be sold with reflectors and a bell, which is a pita because i spend hours at work trying to fit these things >_>

Of course, it's already illegal to ride on the pavement, so quite why you need a bell is beyond me.

That law was changed a while actually iirc ;)

Well, you may have to have a bell, but that doesn't mean iit has to be working. I have a bell on my bike (not that that's special), but the ding flick thing (whatever you call it) has broken off, so when I need to sound my bell I have to get my keys out of my pocket and whack it. Not great for those quick reaction situations...

Of course, it's already illegal to ride on the pavement, so quite why you need a bell is beyond me. Unless of course they had the clever idea of making new unenforcable laws, rather than enforcing the old unenforcable ones....nahhhh that's just silly...

Licence plates are next. Followed by compulsory hi-vis vests, helmets and handlebar mounted airbags.

S'troo ;)

Archived