Marushin M1 Garand GBB

Tarnish

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for the pictures tarnish, much appreciated.  I do hope this rifle holds a gas resevoir inside or else these "clips" are going to be mighty expensive.

There's been some discussion about the gas issue already. My guess would be that it will be in the butt with refill access through the butt trap door. I can't see how a clip would be able to have a large enough gas capacity to cycle the action in addition to firing the BB. Also looking at the picture of the clip it does appear to me that it is only designed to hold the BBs.

It only holds 8 BBs.  How big does it need to be?

You've missed the point. Some people are under the impression that the clip will contain the gas resevoir not just the BBs. I feel that is not likely as I doubt a clip could be designed that would hold enough gas to operate a blowback mechanism. My guess is the resevoir will be located in the butt.

I would say, a good question would be if it's internals are sturdy enough to take green gas. .34 8mm BBs and 134A isn't what I want to take out into a field vs. sniper rifles and AEGs. Marushin has shown in the past by their revolvers that the internals leak/crack under the pressure of green gas, and if this is the case here, the low practicality of such a weapon and $500 USD price tag would overshadow the "cool factor."

You've missed the point. Some people are under the impression that the clip will contain the gas resevoir not just the BBs. I feel that is not likely as I doubt a clip could be designed that would hold enough gas to operate a blowback mechanism. My guess is the resevoir will be located in the butt.

The clip is at least 6.4cm high. Then it's at least 10mm wide. It looks to be about 2-3cm deep. The reservoir is probably going to be more than big enough to fire off 8 BBs and cycle a bolt. Hell, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. They would have said something about a gas reservoir in a stock I think.

less moves on this thing than a typical GBB.

The clip is at least 6.4cm high.  Then it's at least 10mm wide.  It looks to be about 2-3cm deep.  The reservoir is probably going to be more than big enough to fire off 8 BBs and cycle a bolt.  Hell, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.  They would have said something about a gas reservoir in a stock I think.

But storing gas in something that is going to be thrown out and hit the ground isn't a good idea. The magasine will be heavier with a small tank, resulting in more damage on impact. The reservoir itself might withstand it, but the valves can start to leak.

The clip is at least 6.4cm high.  Then it's at least 10mm wide.  It looks to be about 2-3cm deep.  The reservoir is probably going to be more than big enough to fire off 8 BBs and cycle a bolt.  Hell, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.  They would have said something about a gas reservoir in a stock I think.

Well there's nothing in the picture of the clip I potsed that indicates to me that there is a gas resevoir in it. All I can see is the bare metal BB stowage and forward of that it is empty space. Still like you say "if I'm wrong then I'm wrong", we'll both find out for sure when they release this little beauty! I don't want to wish the weeks away but....

:)

I think this is more of a collector's item. I can't even skirmish with 8mm bbs (non-'biodegradable'), so this has no practical use for me. However, as a collector's item, I think it should shine as it has the actual en bloc clip to fly out after you pump out 8 rounds. If I were to skirmish with a Garand, I'd prefer an AEG anyway for ease of maintenance.

marushin have always produced stuff that is more "collectible" than "practical" - look at the t2 shotgun, or the kar98k, or even their revolver line-up.

They occasionally get it spot on, such as with their m500 range, or the m1 carbine. the garand seems to be somewhere in the middle- for the price, I would expect (nay, demand) it to be as near-as-dammit accurate and powerful as a tanaka m700, otherwise, whats the point? it's an expensive luxury.

saying that, whens that ever stopped people from buying airsoft stuff? never :)

Heh you got that right Harry.

I'm interested in getting one and skirmishing with it against AEG totting baddies. Just hope when it hits the Hk streets the price is right. BTW is it confirmed that the "clip" only holds 8 bbs? I could have sworn I read somewhere that it was going to be 12.

Archived