Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a real CompM2 on my M&P15 that doesn't look as nice as that replica Souske.  It has the same white markings on it and the covers like that one.

How's your S&W M&P15 holding up? I heard that sucker doesn't have to be cleaned as often as your traditional ARs. It's still a direct gas impingement system though, right?

As for the AP, it feels and looks just like the real deal. I guess the only difference is that it won't be as durable as the real AP in tough conditions.

Souske, like everyone is saying, i love the AP, ive been thinking about getting one and i am glad to hear that you like it.

I think i have finally decided on a final configuration for my project gun.

Im not certain how i am going to run the wores for the battery but it will be to a battery bag on it rear. Hopefully i can find a way to hide the wires until they are in use. :)

I just placed most of the parts together to see how it would look. I really like the way it feels with the long front and colapseable stock

DSC03482.jpg

It's rugged as hell. Very solid. I don't get to shoot it enough. It is the same gas system but it seems to fire quite a bet smoother than other ARs I've shot. the thing is I bought it when they only had 16" barrels, now they have the 15T out with a 20" barrel. I'm partial to long barrels too. Kinda ticked me off. heh. Now I'm saving for that.

Edit: I have the G&P AP also and it's almost exactly the same optic as CompM4 other than the metal and the white markings. I've used it on the M&P and it holds it's sighting very well.

Edited by MERCILESSPIT
As for the AP, it feels and looks just like the real deal.

Not really, but it's close. I have the same one as you. The real M68 has the whited serial numbers and such, but the "Aimpoint" text is actually engraved and not whited at all. Also on the flip-up covers, they're not whited, but actually protrude out.

Haha, you're right! But for what I'm using it for, it's close enough for me ghost.

ferretkiller, that's one heck of an AR you got going there.

It's rugged as hell.  Very solid.  I don't get to shoot it enough.  It is the same gas system but it seems to fire quite a bet smoother than other ARs I've shot.  the thing is I bought it when they only had 16" barrels, now they have the 15T out with a 20" barrel.  I'm partial to long barrels too.  Kinda ticked me off. heh.  Now I'm saving for that.

Edit: I have the G&P AP also and it's almost exactly the same optic as CompM4 other than the metal and the white markings.  I've used it on the M&P and it holds it's sighting very well.

Ah ok. I was looking into those new Gas piston upper receivers. There's a lot of different brands out there these days.

Edited by Souske
Haha, you're right!  But for what I'm using it for, it's close enough for me ghost.

ferretkiller, that's one heck of an AR you got going there.

Ah ok.  I was looking into those new Gas piston upper receivers.  There's a lot of different brands out there these days.

Yeah just wanted to make sure people knew that these weren't 100% replicas so they wouldn't be running around and saying that :D For $50, I can't complain!

JG M16 A3...

Scrim netting cable tied and electrical taped to the stock, barrel, and butt. Mainly because I was bored. Will have to see how it performs in the field!

dsc00342smalljl8.jpg

The chinese text and SAFE selector position kind of negate the use of the scrim but again I was bored and I plan on replacing the reciever anyhow.

dsc00338smallrh1.jpg

dsc00331smalltm2.jpg

Home made magpul.

Would fraying the scrim a bit more aid in breaking up the outline? Maybe also cut into it so parts dangle in small strips?

Cheers.

Edited by Grumman
JG M16 A3...

Scrim netting cable tied and electrical taped to the stock, barrel, and butt. Mainly because I was bored. Will have to see how it performs in the field!

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4904/dsc00342smalljl8.jpg[

The chinese text and SAFE selector position kind of negate the use of the scrim but again I was bored and I plan on replacing the reciever anyhow.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3898/dsc00338smallrh1.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8364/dsc00331smalltm2.jpg

Home made magpul.

Would fraying the scrim a bit more aid in breaking up the outline? Maybe also cut into it so parts dangle in small strips?

Cheers.

I like the red and white on the selector, If I can find my old GW paints I might do it to my Dboys casv.

For breaking up the outline just put one wrap of scrim around the foregrip/barrel then use strips to tie it on kinda like this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/eva...t/IMAGE0001.jpg

All of you who are talking about your AR-15s... may I ask out of sheer curiosity how many malfunctions you have experienced in their lifetimes?

Jams are easy to correct, and are generally caused by not cleaning the rifle. A bolt override is hard to correct... And firing blanks sucks. Their not long enough, so they tend to not load properly. :angry:

I have yet to come across a jam in my AR15. I clean it after I shoot it, which helps a lot. Though, I still haven't cleaned it yet from the last time I shot it. I think I've put at least 8-9 30 round magazines through it with different types of ammunition.

(steel cased ammo, regular, hollow point).

Edited by SgtBojangles