Global Warming..

KierO

What do you consider Global Warming to be?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider Global Warming to be?

• A very serious issue that Governments have to address NOW.
    • Not as serious as everyone makes it out to be.
    • True, but it's not exactly going to kill us!
    • A load of old rubbish! There's no such thing!

Temperature changes over a long period of time, such as 60 years, are normal.

Have any of these pro-global warming people positively ruled out that his is just one of the sun's 22 year cycles?

Yes.

However I don't know if they've rulled out the 11 year sunspot/tory election win cycle.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like watching the sunrise and sunset and saying that days don't get shorter and nights don't get longer....

Of course, believing that the sun orbits the earth doesn't have an appreciable negative effect on how one lives ones life, so long as one is not an astronomer or astrophysicist (or anything along those lines).

EDIT:

You also posted unfounded stuff first. I was going for teh irony vote. ;)

You were just being lazy and now you're trying to cover it up with some convenient excuse about traps and irony. :P

Conspiracy! Conspiracy! ;)

:lol:

Climate change isn't as simple as "Global Warming makes it warmer". For example I should be spending most of the year under a few feet of snow. Thanks to the Gulf Stream it's nice and toasty(ish). Global Warming could change the Gulf Stream and it would actually get substantially colder here.

:lol:

Climate change isn't as simple as "Global Warming makes it warmer". For example I should be spending most of the year under a few feet of snow. Thanks to the Gulf Stream it's nice and toasty(ish). Global Warming could change the Gulf Stream and it would actually get substantially colder here.

And then I'd not be able to run my car on vegetable oil :(

I doubt we'll ever have a white Christmas again in London, what with the current microclimate meaning London is 1-2 degrees hotter than the surrounding area..

Before and at the beginning of the industrial revolution the Thames actually used to freeze over, I don't think any of us could imagine that happening nowadays unless we're hit by the overdue ice age any time soon :D

its callled being a pacafist...

youre goverment wouldnt understand <_<

I believe your educated reply should say:

It's called being a pacifist.

Your government wouldn't understand.

That's three words you got right out of 8, and that excludes "a".

-Sale

I believe your educated reply should say:

That's three words you got right out of 8, and that excludes "a".

-Sale

oh thank you my life is now complete.

my posts may not allways be perfect grammar but i post on the principle that its better for it to be instantly legible than perfectly gramatically correct ;)

I don't think that the whole "It might be true, but until I know that it is I'm not gonna do anything about it" argument makes sense. It would be like "This gun might go off and kill one of you if I wave it around with my finger on the trigger, but why not? I'm mean, what's the possibility? It will only kill you if it were to go off." I mean, yeah, it might not be us. It could just be an environmental cycle. What if it isn't?

Another problem is the way the problem is trying to get solved. What does taxing do? Funds the government to buy tanks that use twice the amount of gas that taxing just saved in a war. The thing is if nobody feels the need to do anything, no one will. People aren't going to go out of their way to contribute to something. I think we have a recycling program here, but I have no idea how it works. I really don't have the time to look it up, nor use it the way it was designed to work. I'm just too busy complaining and doing airsoft related stuff.

I live on " its better to be safe than sorry, but not sorry because your safe". This is something that we could really be sorry about, and not have too much of a problem to be safe. So basically; I think that it might be a problem that governments need to address now. People are just too lazy, cheap, busy, and stupid to take it upon themselves to do anything (regardless of nationality, race, or class), and that's how things get to be problematic. Sorry if I offend anyone or if this is a dead topic.

And that is why I support ecofascism. The governments need to do things to stop corporations and private persons from polluting so much. It's too easy to make enviromentally unbearable choices nowadays.

The funny thing is that energy efficient lights and other devices pay their price back in the form of reduced energy bills, so it wouldn't even harm the economy. I used to work in a factory which made frequency converters for automated and efficient AC control for example. The energy savings alone from the machines made in that factory outweighed the energy consumption of the entire factory.

-Sale

The funny thing is that energy efficient lights and other devices pay their price back in the form of reduced energy bills, so it wouldn't even harm the economy.

Energy saving light bulbs FTW!

I have just got loads for my new house. One other major thing I love about them is general they have a MUCH longer life span then normal light bulbs. So they save you money in reduced energy bills AND not having to buy more light bulbs! :D

Archived