Police confiscated my airsoft guns

Silent_Assassin

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can you say theft?

At a basic level, theft is the intention to permanently deprive someone of their property AND the act of actually depriving that person of their property.

The police will retain possession until such time as they return it, so firstly, there is no permanence in the intention AND the act itself, as the items will, eventually, be returned.

Was there a good reason to bring back a post that started over a year ago?

to_post_off.gifJul 25 2007, 12:13 PM

Seeming the last post was just a mere 4 months then 'more of a year ago as you wildly claim. :rolleyes: Seeming he was just trying to help as seeming I can't see any malicious comments.

Be nice to other forum users

Treat others as you would expect to be treated. If you are abusive on these forums, your posts / threads will be edited or deleted, you may be given warning points, you may get your account suspended, and persistent offenders will be banned.

It would be hypocritical of me asking why you sounded such an *albartroth* for but then that would be stooping down to your level :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, the post replied to was made back in November 2006.

Yes, however my point still stands seeming that post as well is coincidently less then a year.

My main point I was actually trying to point out is if he's a 'News editor' shouldn't he be a peer of sorts rather then being deogatry to the less posted users?

OH HAPPY DAYS... OH HAPPY DAYS c'mon everyone sing along on 3 1...2...3 OH HAPPY DAYS

congratz on getting your stuff back i'm glad its not damaged and i'm glad you came out of this with a clean charge sheet i've just read through the past 30 odd comments seems like you've been through more than any airsofter should get yourself a pint of ale you deserve it

it also goes to show that while some police officers are fair and honest most are ignorant, stupid and a waste of the tax payers money and yet they wonder why the public dont "respect" them

i'm sorry but when a lad rings up and asks for help because he's being attacked you dont let the attacker get off scott free and then arrest the victim for owning a bb gun thats just total stupidity

Maybe we need a 'dead but revived nonetheless' topic for threads like this to be moved to?

To the 'necromancer' :D poster who brought it back from the dead: why? Im not against reviving threads (I spend most of my time on coding forums - so its often a good thing) but if we are going to do so - it should be to spark legitimate debate, not merely the definition of a word used? (No offence intended)

Realise you are relatively new on here (heck I hardly have any posts myself but ive been lurkin for quite a while) so.. Is there a specific interest? Have you experienced something similar? Were you maybe searching for 'police' related threads for a reason? Share! :) (although admittedly maybe in a new thread)

I though I better take a look at this old thread of mine as I though it was dead and buried as it should be.

To those who are concerned about the status of the siezed guns, I got them all back.

Feel free to continue to talk about the subject but please DO NOT talk/make comments about my relationship with my step father. We've buried the hatchet now and we'll let bygones be bygones.

it also goes to show that while some police officers are fair and honest most are ignorant, stupid and a waste of the tax payers money...

What tosh. Most coppers are hard working, fair and reasonable people. It is the minority that are the waste of taxpayer money.

• 4 weeks later...

HOLY NECROPOST BATMAN!

but yeah, i agree with azubi. when my gear and gun that had been impounded by DHL were taken i had it back no hassle within 24hrs once it had been put in the hands of the ipswich weapons devision. its a shame to hear that other people have been issued with instant 'consent for destruction' notices for airsoft guns, lets face it, even a minor check over will show that its a mere replica.

It is My place. As I said the tennent agrements in my name and I've been living at the house for 6 years an my step-dads been there for 2 years.

Well simple matter then is to see a solicitor about your rights and get him to draw up an eviction notice. Might be wise to pop down police st with correct docs about tennantcy an inform them of the situation, get ya toys back, get step dad out. Legaly he's no right to say you cant do what you like in your own house that you own, withing the law the is. he he

Feel free to continue to talk about the subject but please DO NOT talk/make comments about my relationship with my step father. We've buried the hatchet now and we'll let bygones be bygones.

Well simple matter then is to see a solicitor about your rights and get him to draw up an eviction notice. Might be wise to pop down police st with correct docs about tennantcy an inform them of the situation, get ya toys back, get step dad out. Legaly he's no right to say you cant do what you like in your own house that you own, withing the law the is. he he

respect the man's privacy, please. He asked politely for people to not bring up any relations with his stepfather, and you just butt right in and bring it back up.

Read the posts in front of yours, you're avoiding a full-on thrashing simply because you're new here.

Thanks 5370H55V (he he, always makes me laugh), he suddenly became tolerent of my collection when he found out the MP who was involved in getting my stuff back was also the head of the planning committee whos building his disabled ground floor extention.

Anywho, all my gear is at my dads house safe and sound. Infact, several police officers including the Chief inspector of Carlton station have asked to take a look at my collection when they've been round for meetings and things of the like.

Silent_Assassin your defently in the right i say stick it to the man,(your step-father and the police) they are really over the top, i hope this never happens to me as i make my own fireworks as a hobby(which is perfectly legal, and i airsoft) they would probably acuse me of being a terrorist which is rediculas, who ever heard of a prep school terroist???

Archived