Webtex Concealment Vest

Dist

sorry for dp, its been to long to edit.

i recently added a ton of hessian to my concealment vest to help it work in winter months when there isnt alot of vegitation in the field. after tediously cutting a small hole and tying on the hessian, i decided i had had enough. i grabbed a massive bag (it was huge) of zip ties and went to work with those. they work incredibly well because they are durable, light, and quick to add. also, if you wrap the hessian around them twice before you completely do them up, you can cover the tie completely so it wont matter what colour you use. i think i used green yellow and black.

ill try and get pictures up if i can

would also like to see pics :)

Jas

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are the pics still coming ?

anyway last weekend I tried my webtex with fallen leafs and it works better then gras IMO. My brother passed me for the first time at 2 meters distance !

( what a rush was that ! ). I used big leafs with mixed colours.

I am going to make some ghillie jute to attach it on the small elastic loops ( the small ones wich are in pairs ) because they cost too much time and very irritating to fill. And with some jute on I can change very quickly from foilage because I only have to change the big loops.

<_< my pics are coming up in 3 weeks ( next game , 4 players )

• 4 weeks later...

soz, havent seen this thread in ages.

i added loads to the hood and down the back. i didnt put any on the arms and front cuz it would just get in the way of kit. after taking it out on a trial run and monkey crawling around for a while without being seen i reckon its oretty good. i ran it through the mud a couple of times and attacked it with a thorny stick to weather it a bit. however, being a lazy $H!7 the hessian was all one colour. im just gunna get some different coloured brown spray paint and get some streaks going on it. gotta get some pics! every time i go i either forget the camera or its not the day to wear a ghillie.

just a final point. i started off by just adding strips to the elastic parts, but it looks like a POS and makes no difference. i added it all over just by taking a strip and holding it in place, then getting a zip tie and looping it through the mesh and around the hessian, then before i pulled it tight i wrapped the maritial around it to cover the zip tie. its funny, u cant see them from the outside, but turn it over and u got a load of yellow, blue, green, red and black bits of plastic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well i just got my web-tex and all i can say is that it look like a very good piece of equipment, light, tough and bigger than it looks(covers almos my entire arms and almost all the way down to my knees), 100% recomended. I can't wait to try it at my next game.

sneaky-fab thanks for the tip about doursoux. very nice store with lots of things and good custumer service.

gahr i didnt get to use mine this weekend cus we only ever played respawn games and i morally object to lying in the mud for 20 mins to get one kill and have him come back to get me.

im currently charging my digital camera and ill just get some simple photos of it in my bck yard. i wanted to show u guys what it looks like in the field, but its not officially finished (still got the sleeves and the front to add to, then i got to change the colour of the hessian), but ill get some pics later on this week hopfully. this is getting rediculous :P

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick question, are the elastic loops tight, otherwise I can see the vegatation you put in and it falling out, also could someone tell me what is so great about hessian (I genuinly don't know and would like to get some if it is good stuff as I am probably going to get this vest off SAS)

Sorry, I am a n00by to the whole sniping scenario...

as long as you think your vegetation could slip out, there isn't enough in. keep adding untill there is enough tension on the elestic loops to keep everything firmly in place.

strips of hessian are good because its a rather cheap cloth, with a coarse exterior. that will help break up your silhouette. it's available in different shades of brown and green, which you'll like verry much when trying to hide in a forrest.

hessian is a natural material, so it weathers better than a man made material.

i find the best things to use are army sand bags if you can get them as they are normaly standard brown to a slight greenish colour so dont need to be dyed.(i profer a brown base than green on my suit though).

the elastic loops will hold most the vegitation in no problem,of course some will fall out. i tend to add more here and there between games and at the start of a games anyway, or if the terrain changes.

if you can its worth picking up the book sniper by mark spicer,as its full of usefull tips on making a ghillie +alot more

you attach it to the vest not the loops. you can do it in many ways,glue it on, thread it through the holes or sow it on.

all have different benefits and consume differents amounts of time to do.

glueing is the quickest and sowing is the slowest,personaly i sow it on as i find it holds better.

you can gett hessian from alot of places search google,sand bags can be slightly harder to get though,unless you know some one in the army or that works for the council(on road works)....you can also find them at anyroad works normaly ;) not that i condone stealling

Archived