Webtex Concealment Vest

Dist

Ive just started my winter ghillie, a bit late i know but im lazy :D

Basicaly just got my webtex vest, several cans of krylon, sprayed it white to start then went over in a dark brown, to get rid of the green colour, now adding natural hessian to it to break up the shape, using a glue gun and removing the horitzontal threads, once ive got 40% of the top of the vest with hessian ill leave it to be weathered, the hessian is natural tan colour, so needs dulling for my local woodland. but still will be alot better than my other webtex ghillie which is green base and perfect in summer.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of the brown webtex for winter. Nice work THE_BAUER, please post up a picture when its finished.

Must say, I think the webtex is easily the best ghillie choice available (as backed up by everyones good reviews above) due to its design, build and price. Admittedly in winter it needs modifiactions.

I only use mine when summer and autumn season provide enough foliage and use a simple ghillie jacket in winter (despite it being so old that its falling to bits). Might have to get my vest out of the cupboard and consider modifying it.

How did the krylon take to it? how much did 1 can cover?

Good Hunting ;)

You guys know the best equivalent to the Webtex for us over the pond?

Yes, sew elastics all over your existing ghillie. Sew strips of wide 1" elastic that will let you place foliage upright in each area. If you can source green elastics then use them over black. Secure each end by sewing it well to the garment. Have the elastic about 2-3" long.

Start on the hat and shoulders and you'll soon realise that you should have done this all along.

Good Hunting ;)

I GOT MEH PICZ I GOT MEH PICZ!!!!!

... im realizing i dont know how to add them. any helpers out there willing to help someone who needs help? help.

Go on imageshack (google it) browse your folders, find piccy. Upload. Use forum 1 url (I think thats it, just pick a url and if it dosnt work edit and try the next one). Paste url into reply.

I will be getting some hessian and one of these nifty vests very soon.

Was just watching a special on the RM commando snipers, they were wearing WEBTEX vests. Pretty nifty.

Just a question, btw - can anyone take measurements for a WEBTEX vest (on a photo maybe?) and send them to me? I want one but I can't afford to buy it from the UK. Any help would be appreciated!

kk, i can get those to you in about an hour or so. got some other stuff to do.

mine without the dead vegitation

p1010506bv2.jpg

the hood with old vegitation

p1010509qb1.jpg

pic of inside after i used zip ties

p1010510he5.jpg

edit: measurments

total height:110 cm

width:85cm

hight from bottom to underarm:65

top of sleeve: 65

underneath of sleeve from arm pit:40