Alright, cheers for the pointer dude!

Just wondering, what size rail covers are needed for the HK416 to cover up most of the rails? There's so many sizes and I haven't been able to find the length of the rails.

PS: I already bought a package of those MAG 100 round mags and a mate of mine has been using them with his M4 until I get my HK416 - just wanted to let you know, they're great! They feed right up to the last bullet and he ain't getting a single misfeed. ;)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pingpong, what did you mean when you said that your trigger locked up? Did you mean it jammed on automatic and wouldn't stop firing until the battery was disconnected, cos this is what my HK416 is doing. And you said you "Fixed the trigger locking up.." and by this you meant what? I opened my gun to the gearbox and the problem was fixed but after putting it back together, it started to jamm again. Sometimes the firing can be stopped by pressing the trigger several times, so the problem is definitely somewhere in the trigger assembly. A new trigger assembly could solve the problem but I'd still like to know...

Sounds good dude - are you going to attach that G&P Bungee Sling using one of their CQB adaptors that is installed in front of the stock by the way? Haven't been able to spot anywhere to attach a sling on this gun...

Yea going to use the G&P Bungee sling set with the adaptor for the extended stock (Crane). it goes before the stock buffer tube. n has the 3 areas for the sling to attach.

Pingpong, what did you mean when you said that your trigger locked up? Did you mean it jammed on automatic and wouldn't stop firing until the battery was disconnected, cos this is what my HK416 is doing. And you said you "Fixed the trigger locking up.." and by this you meant what? I opened my gun to the gearbox and the problem was fixed but after putting it back together, it started to jamm again. Sometimes the firing can be stopped by pressing the trigger several times, so the problem is definitely somewhere in the trigger assembly. A new trigger assembly could solve the problem but I'd still like to know...

yea exactly what happen before. Thats one reason why im switching to a systema low resistant switch assembly.. other reason is because it fried.

i managed to fix it by.. opening up the gearbox and take the trigger unit out. remove the tiny screw and sand down the protruding area. ide sand it flat put it together and no more locking up.. untill it fried on me.. (Trigger locked up but didnt even shoot).

Got mine yesterday. Bit worried about how common this locking on auto seems to be. Mine seems to have a problem in semi-auto. If you pull the trigger back slowly there's a point where it will fire in automatic. It can result in a rather cool burst fire but otherwise is * me off. My trigger guard is also wobbly and the mag-catch looks crooked. Besides that it's sweet... Guess you just gotta remember it is made in Taiwan. TM still rule the buisness in my book.

holy ######! sorry about the tripple thread i donno what happend, and about the fore grip, is it longer or shorter,(i want to know if i should get one of these or a CA m15a4 cqb, i want which ever one is shorter)

Get a 10 Inch HK416, overall lenght of the gun is a bit less than the M15A4CQBs, though the forearm of the 416 is longer than the one on the CQB. Also VFCs 416 is a better quality gun.

I have been thinking about getting one of these for my close range gun or just the gun i pick up for those quickly planned backyard wars, but i have this thing against the VFC trades, i want the HK trades. Is there anyway to get them? and has anyone in the U.S. been able to get the HK trades version? Thanks. I may be able to swallow the horrible VFC trades, but i just will never love the rifle like i would if it had the HK trades.

Edited by Sarge133

So we are all having problems with our trigger units. I think we should all send emails to VFC and they will probably release a free replacement part as they did with AKSU. BTW i used my gun about 5 times (8000 BB's) and it has worked great. I've noticed that it doesn't work very well on 8,4V battery. The gun runs out off juice very fast. You have to use a 9,4V. On my last skirmish my trigger got stuck but the battery was empty so it stopped shooting after a few shots. However it was very warm. I put in a fresh battery and it wouldn't work. I thought i blew the fuse but i didn't. I don't think i fried the motor because it didn't run allot. Fried trigger maybe? Oh and before installing the tight bore measure the stock one. We measured the AKSU barrel and looks like VFC already puts them in.

Cheers! Zune