Well if you really like one or the other than save the money but if you don't know which one to get then buy the DX. Very simple. :) One thing though if you buy the longer version you can always take the outer barrel of and screw the flash-hider back on without it and you get the shorter version but with a flip-up sight. You do have to buy shorter inner barrel if you want to do this.

Cheers! Zune

Edited by Zune
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i have the 14 incher and im going to convert to a 10 inch. i honestly like the flip up sight even tho its kind of dinky because i can stow it away when i get my optics later on.. maybe next year.

but heres my buy list..

G&P Crane stock

G&P 9.6v Crane battery

G&P SPR Grip

G&P Rebar Cutter.

think that would look nice on my hk416?

edit: anyone have an extra... locking arm and pin for the chargin handle? i still dont know how it came off my vfc gun =/ also the maid threw away the locking arm >_<.. and i think the pin got vacumed..

Edited by pingpong

Sorry guys, I gotta say this. Yes, the gun looks cool. Not your fault for being some of the first guys to try them, and to each their own if you still want to invest in one. But to be honest, I wouldn't touch this gun with a cattle prod. Why? I've seen better made gearboxes in the two CYMA (one CM .028S, and one CM.031) that I bought. The .028 has run 30,000 BB's through it with no modifcations or problems. Sad that an $90 gun can/would outperform a $400 one. Before I get flamed for only buying just the cheaper Chinese guns, I just got the new G+P M249 Ranger about three weeks ago. It's got 10,000rds on it already, no issues either. That one alone would balance out my expenses for quality/unusual guns and I'm more than happy with that purchase.

I'd really hate to have a trigger hang up on me like a couple guys 416's did. I also don't really care to have to drop another $50-$100 bucks just to replace crappy parts on a gun right OUT OF THE BOX, UNLESS it was a $90 gun to begin with. I definitely didn't have to do a damn thing to the M249, it shoots like a wet dream. VFC has great looking guns, but if their performance/internals are like that, forget it. Almost any gun in the $400 range from CA, G+G, ICS, G+P, or any other company has pre-upgraded internals, and that's what we should expect from the airsoft world. Shame on VFC for ###### out on us.

Of course your entitled to your own opinion but I going to have to disagree.

I own one (as well as several other AEG's) and its performing very well but thats by the by. The main point is that on the more expensive guns its the external quality your really paying for.

Good quality metal bodies are $100-200, metal RIS $100 - 200 etc. Having said that its not perfect, but then again show me an airsoft gun that is.

Of course your entitled to your own opinion but I going to have to disagree.

I own one (as well as several other AEG's) and its performing very well but thats by the by. The main point is that on the more expensive guns its the external quality your really paying for.

Good quality metal bodies are $100-200, metal RIS $100 - 200 etc. Having said that its not perfect, but then again show me an airsoft gun that is.

Not to go off topic for too long, but I just bought my "perfect gun". That G+P M249 I mentioned as an example of great vs. not so great products. The whole damn body is steel and aluminum, (no monkey metal) 390-400 fps at 950 rpm out of the box. Both the RAS/RIS and the 3000 rd. autowinding ammo box came with it so I didn't need to buy them separately. Shall I go on? Metal hop up unit, metal airseal nozzle, aluminum ported piston head, polyacetal piston, M120 spring, metal bearing spring guide, 7mm ball bearing bushings, high speed steel gears with a perfect shim job and a custom high speed motor. Low resistance selector plate and 16 AWG wiring tops it all off. The internals are of a very high quality, and that definitely shows a difference from VFC's offering for a quality product. The HK 416 didn't come with even a quarter of those parts. It's all true, and you can't really argue that.

It's a high price for a "special gun", but I'd still have to pay $200 or more to upgrade a CA, TOP M249 or the same amount for a Star M249 to get it up to the same level as the G+P. I still havn't had to touch the internals, nor will I have to for a long time yet. It's already where I want it, maxed out. I look for out of the box performance for a reason. I want to shoot this thing, not have to mess with it all day long or worry about when it's going to break down or need replacement parts while I'm in a skirmish.

It shows when a company releases a good looking gun that simply doesn't perform up to the dollar amount you have to spend on it, plus what you then have to spend to make it right. It still speaks poorly for them wether you like the external look of the gun or not. We need more companies like G+P, who offer good looking guns that actually have great out of the box performance for a lower price. Less of ones like VFC, with a great looking gun but with crappy internals, and still with a high price tag. If they prove to get better, I might consider them, but a huge black mark is overshadowing their company at the moment, even with the actual owners. Makes it hard for VFC, I do look for the "perfect" guns or as damn close to them as I can get. Hell, even the Chinese are catching on to and following through with that concept.

I can see what you're saying, but based off the rest of this thread (I don't actually own a VFC HK416 yet), the internals don't seem very crappy at all. The way I've understood it, some parts are even better than "standard" and nothing except the hop up bucking is "######" - meaning you won't have to touch the internals unless you want better performance, in which case you'll always have to shell out extra cash...

G&P aint so hot of a gun to be honest.

my friend has a G&P M4 Commando and it sounds it sounds like ######. compared to his marui guns...

ive owned G&P parts... like the G&P Nave Seal body.. sure its a nice body n all but that body didnt fit 100% correctly. n its like $150-200 Retail just for the body. also they mispelled a word =/ .. i also had a G&P SPR front set.. that was pretty nice but wasnt "perfect"..

about the hopup.. sure G&P comes with a metal hopup.. but they suck so much ide rather use a marui one.. or maybe i had a crappy metal one n my friend had a crappy one as well...

my VFC HK416 internals didnt have to be touched.. but being me.. a total tech dude.. i just had to change em to fit to my standards..

but yea.. to make a hk416 itll cost over $1000... so yea $450 aint so bad.. i mean hey i got a bolt release =] does G&P have it? nope.. also a 1 screw take down RAS/RIS.. who else has that? sure VFC didnt pay much attention to internals.. but they did a hell of a job on externals.. hah

o well gotta get mine fixxed up... n its gunna be []D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

goddam.. the G&P m249 is like.. almost 900

i guess i can conclude..

comparing that m249 to a Hk416 is like comaring an apple to an orange.. thats such a big price gap.. cuz like.. i piad $450 for my full metal hk.. and if u want to compare those 2 guns... to make it fair.. i get $450 extra since the m249 is.. about 900 ( $875 + shipping is way more then $$900 but yea.. so... $450 - $900 = $450)

with $450 extra.. i can get my Crane + battery + Flashider + grip.. which cost $157... ( thats how much imma pay for my stuff =] )...

$293.. i can get a FTK... ($120 on guarder ftk and $30 on 7mm bearings)

$143 left.. i can get.. a C mag.. or other mags.. ($100 value of mags or mag)

$43 left n use the rest on a Systema motor..

all that means.. u prolly have the most kick *albatross* gun on the block..

but yea to compare a $450 hk416 to a $900 m249.. is comparing a apple to a orange..

Edited by pingpong

I recieved my 416 the other day and havnt experienced one problem with it. Shoots very nice on a 9.6 and personally I like how loud it is. Kinda dds the "realism" factor to it a bit more. I did get the 10 in. over the 14 simply for manuverability and I couldnt be happier with the gun. BTW pingpong, whered you buy yours for $450? I paid that for the gun, a peq battery, and shipping combined.

i bought mine from airsoftgi..

well i pad exactly...

$443 flap.. shipped and everything..

it took.. a month.. cuz i ordered it before the gun before it even arrived in the US.. heh..

Sub-Total: $420.00

United Parcel Service (1 x 11lbs) (Ground): $9.35

California Tax: $34.65

Discount Coupons:3yearanv: -$21.00

Total: $443.00

update on TODAYS GAME! 12/16/06

gun performed REALLY WELL! it was raining too! so it added to the fun factor. Got a new hopup spacer on it.. X Spacer orwatever and the hopup really improved. accuracy improved as well! the gun is basicly stock (just swapped the stock spring to a shorter m100.. same FPS if not lower) and i managed to get some distance kills..

ill be getting the pictures of todays game later on when my friend uploads em.

OVERALL SO FAR SO GOOD!

just had some minor probs... the chargin handle is kinda getting iffy.. sometimes it gets stuck and it doesnt go back in the gun.. but u can just move it around n itll go in...

the gun looks and sounds beautiful, i was, and right now reconsidering to buy one. what i like about this model is that it gives a little more than what a classic army or a tm model would give. but im really skeptical about the plastic tappet plate, and piston head. so stock wise it would shoot around 350? then if i wanted to upgrade it, i would put a new spring, maybe replace the plastic tappet plate, and piston head, because i like my internals metal. i do want to rewire it to the back with a crane stock as the hurricane model gives. other than that, this gun looks very tempting, and probably in about 2 months this would be mine too. (after i pay some bills =P)

I can see what you're saying, but based off the rest of this thread (I don't actually own a VFC HK416 yet), the internals don't seem very crappy at all. The way I've understood it, some parts are even better than "standard" and nothing except the hop up bucking is "######" - meaning you won't have to touch the internals unless you want better performance, in which case you'll always have to shell out extra cash...

Agree! The internal of VFC may not be the extreme setup for some people. But it works great and fine. But the VFC external are head the list.

I have VFC AKS-74UN stock setup with out any upgrade and shoot over 60K bbs on it with out any problem. I will keep to shoot it until 100K and open the gearbox for inspection, lubrication and change hopup bucking, piston O-ring and motor(if necessary).

If you compare with other HK416 conversion kits on the market. The VFC HK416 still cheaper even with the gearbox.

The reliable is more important. Not on the how many internal upgrade parts installed.

I recommend don't upgrade to test it for who plan to purchase the VFC AEG to compare those "better" internal guns. My friends VFC 416 shoot 350fps out of box. If you looking for a nice guns and ready to shoot out of box. It won't let you down.

Not familiar with the battery types for M4s, so could someone tell me the types and power of batteries that can fit into the HK416?

It comes with a PEQ box, so you have to use a PEQ battery, some people have succesfully tried putting a Li-Poly battery in the foregrip.