hunting r u for it

creeping death

130 members have voted

1. 1. hunting r u for it

• yes
    • no
    • Depends... when does T-Rex hunting season open?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And at the end of the day, mount the remains over the fire place and have a civilised chat over a glass of good Scotch.
Take a photograph.

No i'm serious. If you are stalking an animal it takes more skill; you have to track, stalk and get into a position for good photo composition, not just a clear shot. Plus you can email to your mates, though i suppose you could courier a slab of meat to everyone as well...

But as people have already mentioned, there's so little need for hunting. I've done it in the past, mostly rabbits for vermin control (in NZ), and fishing small game for fun and food, but unless you are one of those few do use it for survival, its mostly a social event.

I'm very against fox hunting, though i wil admit i havent been, but all indications are its pointless and merely a throwback to past traditions. Hunting animals for trophy isnt so good either, especially endangered ones, but at least the beast has a chance to get you - i wouldnt mind trying boar hunting with spears in Germany for example. Most hunting could easily be done with a camera however, catch the fish, photograph it throw it back. See and photo that beast in the wild of its environment etc. And hunting is usually a poor way of pest control, so on balance i voted no. Not that im totally against all forms always.

I hate foxes as they killed many of my pets as well as my most favorite cat. I have killed a few myself, and am not proud to admit that. But i do have a license and they are allowed to be killed.

Plus i live in a very rural area and farmers need the population of vermin and things like that regulated.

I am for hunting simply because it is a sport under criticism just like airsoft. Plus if we do make it illegal a lot of people will continue to do it nevertheless, why make more criminals and take up more police time.

Life is like a game of chess..... always think two moves ahead.

Hey, if we legalise heroin, rape and murder, we can free up even more police resources! :rolleyes:

quoted for truth.

Its about time those upper crust &^^*$#s got persecuted for something other than tax evasion...

Personally, I'm against hunting for pleasure- fine, do it if you really have to, do it with a gun, and be a damn good shot. Otherwise stay home and leave it to the professionals.

If I was a politician, though, I'd keep fox-hunting legal, but then legalise and actively encourage hunt-sabateuring.

used to do a bit of it when i lived near fox-hunters, and its what turned me onto fieldcraft and running round woods in camo gear :)

Turn sabbing into an organised sport, with all the emphasis on disrupting a hunt without harming the hounds, and I'd fly back from the states just to get involved in it- would be great, especially after all this time learning sneak attack techniques and whathaveyou.

A few dozen flashbangs, some smokes, and a team of guys in radio contact who've spent time learning the tchniques, and I reckon fox-hunting would become a bit obsolete in time, as they'd realise they'd have more luck with a rifle than with a pack of hounds.

And you wouldn't have to put the hounds down, as you could turn the whole thing into a competition- wouln't even need the fox, just use a drag-hunt instead :)

Bill Bailey has it all right on fox hunting...

well kinda, number 1... i think shooting foxes is fine, i would do it... i think it should be done to cull them or just for sport, what ever.

I dont agree with hunting with dogs... being ripped apart is not good. Having said this as Bailey said... i cant hold the moral highground, i eat chicken burgers at KFC, i eat and support without knowing it battery farms... so how can i complain?

So i have taken instead to hating the whole snobbery of the events, the Earl of lesser imperial Brumatic Parguay and his 8 inbred sons on their little horses and red coats. Pile of pompus *beep*, although i am a stringent nationalist and not afraid to say it, i don't believe in the royal family or snobish lords.

As for the arguement of who cares? Or let people get on with their own buissness, i would ask you whether you agree with Bear baiting? And whether you would ban it? (Edit: Sorry sledge didnt see your post ;) )

Did the poor bear baiters lose jobs? *O DEAR*

That was banned, why not fox hunting? Just because people have been doing it for generations doesnt mean it is good... do you believe we should (being serious and not ignorrant) have deuls, jousting or bear baiting or even the stocks just because it was tradition??

Quite frankly what the public wants the public gets, and if Labour get votes then good on them, that is what government means and whatever they do, that is what they aim for. For the voters.

So now it is banned, the money has been spent, the time used and the controversial acts used...

Would anybody here seriously legalise again it with similar trouble, money and controversy?

Look forward to hearing ;) ( :D Bring it on! )

Alex

Hunting i dont think should be a sport as killing an animal for a game isnt needed. Why not find another way? why not shoot at some paper?

However as a necessary activity it should be legal as long as it is a necessary activity most likely to do with agricultural preservation

I'm against.

Firstly because all the fit birds I know are against it.

And secondly because all the poeple who enjoy hunting are the same people who seemed to make it there hobby to chase me and my mates around the fields of lincolnshire with shotguns all through our childhood and it's my way of punnishing them.

Also it's cruel, I think it would be quite fun to case down a few hunters with a pack of dogs and see if they still think it's sport.

IMO if you ain't killing something to eat it, you shouldn't kill something. Simple.

And this is really a bit political isn't it.

I've been hunting since I was 10ish. So I guess you could say I've been indoctrinated into it. However I only used to do lone stalking. Hunting pheasants and rabits by myself and the like. I don't agree with trapping animals and killing them when they have no chance. If the prey escapes (as it often does when stalking), then it's beaten you. All fair credit to it. I think by making it illegal we'll alienate much of the population, as well as killing off a well known tradition. This will just make people angry, and they'll continue to do it.

Once again, amen to that!

The art of stalking, and swiftly killing prey is somthing every predator does... and we are lets face it!

As long as either:

- You are stalking an animal for food, even if you do find it fun.

- You are controling animal numbers, NOT for fun.

People had to kill hundreds of badgers and foxes sometimes because they endangered birds and so on.

I am only with this if it is being done, authorised to recommended by the WWF or Forestry Commision/ similar organisations...

Just no cruelty and no mindless destruction.

Nope, i agree foxes should be CULLED with rifles there.

But it would be more acceptable if one was to ask and enviromental agency... otherwise, as long as you are a good shot i agree. If you are not then get someone else to do it :)

You cant eat fox unless you are realy hungry so no option :)

Rabbit pie is lovely though :) Just make sure you get rid of the lead pellet ;)

Archived