Falkland Islands Loadout

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not too dis-similar to PLCE (sort of). The ammo pouches go at the front of course, one of which has a little pocket for a rifle grenade. I *think* that one goes on your right. The kidney pouches go at the back. And don't you get separate little loops for the yoke to attach with '58? Not sure about the poncho roll.

I binned my 58 (and now classically I want some more), so it's a bit of a blur I'm afraid.

Set up your belt first. It adjusts and then a hook clips into the grommets in the middle of the belt, holding it at the right size.

Look at the two ammo pouches. The left one has an SLR scabbard on the left hand side, the right one has a rifle grenade atttchment pouch on the right. They also slope away to the side of the body.

Fit your yoke first. The hooks clip onto the back of the belt in the same way that all the other pouches do. Adjust at the rear by moving the sliders. Slip the straps through the ammo pouch clips and adjust at the front like you would with PLCE. Its a good idea to remove the shovel fittings off the back off the yoke as well.

Fit the ammo pocuhes like you would the PLCE ones. Bend the belt, put the hooks in the little squares in the belt and you're away.

The kidney pouches go at the back, strapping down in quite an odd way. If you know how to do up a 58/plce pouch, you'll work it out. You need to play about with the straps at the top of the kidney pouches as well, as this holds them to the rear yoke straps, stopping them from flapping. This really is something that hard to explain in words and sadly i don't have any 58 myself, or i'd take pictures.

The waterbottle pouch clips on like the ammo pouches do.

The poncho pouch clips on in 4 places. The little metal D's at the back of the belt take two of the pncho clips. The side straps to the poncho roll are adjsuted by a slider, then clip onto the metal d ring son the bottom/side of the ammo pouches, cinching the whole thing tight.

My pictures, should compliment what LJ has already said but it might make some of it easier to understand

Ok it’s been a while since I’ve worn this so it needs adjusting but here goes.

Front

front.jpg

Back

back.jpg

Left

left.jpg

Right

right.jpg

Kidney pouch Detail

Kidneypouchdetail.jpg

it hangs loose but this can be fixed by wrapping a bungee around the ensemble.

Idealy you should be able to jump up and down without any flapping or rattling.

You can have a largepack and poncho roll but both are pretty useless. the best thing to do is buy a bergen to wear over the top of your webbing.

talking of 58 webbing has anyone tried getting hold of the ultra rare 58 pattern twin armalite ammo pouches? i just paid 50 quid on egay for just one pair!

post-30129-1172258226_thumb.jpg

i'm trying to get a set of 58 webbing made up in the style that 22 sas would have used during the conflict.

this is a pic of most of the stuff you need to make this ultra gucci set up!

post-30129-1172258381_thumb.jpg

also before i forget mccrage heres a scan from this book i got years ago, its a complete guide on how to put 58 webbing together. hope this is useful for you. :D

post-30129-1172259512_thumb.jpg

Most helpful. Thanks to you and Cyber, I now know what I'm doing(for the most part :P ) So one last question. What type of gaiters do I need, and where to get them.

hehehe i know its taken me months to find a set of those ammo pouches! i'll have my belt kit together by next weekend.

from left to right (if laid out) twin sas ammo pouch, 44 patt water bottle pouch, 3x 58 waterbottle pouches sewn together, 58 pistol holster, 58 ammo pouch (grenades/spare ammo) and of course all attached to a custom made roll pin belt. serious 80s ally look!

Ally, ally, ally!

Oi, oi, oi!

Ahem.....

Sounds awesome mate. I remember when those low riding armalite pouches were about £30 for a pair at SoF. Now they're £50 EACH on ebay....

One of the things that tended to be in fashion during the falklands from what i've seen is an FFD taped to the front of the belt. I wonder why that went out of fashion :P

talking of 58 webbing has anyone tried getting hold of the ultra rare 58 pattern twin armalite ammo pouches? i just paid 50 quid on egay for just one pair!

post-30129-1172258226_thumb.jpg

i'm trying to get a set of 58 webbing made up in the style that 22 sas would have used during the conflict.

this is a pic of most of the stuff you need to make this ultra gucci set up!

post-30129-1172258381_thumb.jpg

;) ..Guess it were you an me bidding on these pouches... you won .... I would probaply have an E&E pouch for trade if your´e interested ;)

hahahaha sorry seawulf i was bloody determined not to let you have them lol good luck on the others though. on the  e&e pouch sorry mate blew all my cash on the pouches and a few other odds n sods  :D  if you still got it in a month or so pm me and we'll sort something out .

;) .....at least another real enthousiast got them :D

I´ll let you know if I still have them in a month ;) my classic SAS Webbing 58/44 Set is 99% complete just missing the lowriding ammo-pouches ;) I´m using some converted OD PLCE Pouches at the moment.

btw. I just found a good scource for Pattern 60 OD (Falklands) Trousers and got a reasonable offer for a SAS Patt 40 Windproof Smock and Trousers in L/XL over here. But ´ve one allready. So if your´e interested .....?

cheers

Hornblower

noooooooo!!!! i have bills to pay lol

what i am gonna get maybe in a few months is either a nice 80s/90s para smock or the ultra ally 59 denison smock to go with my old lightweights ive had since i was in the TA.

just got to wait for the chinese to make a nice and cheap FN replica  :D

:D ....A chinese FAL would be great..yeah...

But KA and Star have announced an L1 A1. I have the KA FAL (or better G1) here for a review..It´s gorgious ;) Can´t wait to get the L1 A1

ReviewFAL1.jpg

I just set it on top of some of my oldfashioned belgian stuff...

Does anybody know if Sterling mags were held in the standard '58 pouch or did they have their specific pouches (I presume the sterling was used along side '58, could be completely wrong)

Cheers

Well as far as I´m concerned were held in the standard pouch. I´ve Pics of Sterling users ;) wearing the standard webbing. But there are/were sometimes used Pattern 44 OD Sterling double-magpouches. I got one from UK-kitmonster some months ago. There are no clips or hooks but loops and so they fit to every sort of belt.

http://www.ukkitmonster.com/product_info.p...068e17ea2c54db9

I wouldn´t agree with UKkitmonster that these were specific SAS items just because of the loops ;)

Archived