Montanastan Special Forces

Jagdraben

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can get it for twenty bucks less off of PowerEdgeUSA. That's including shipping. And I know it will have the trades destroyed in a recoverable fashion (not that I really care, since most of the externals will be replaced). Of course, the call from the UPS the day before they first attempt delivery is damned annoying. <_< Makes it difficult to keep parents out of your financial information.

somebody is a witty panda. Maybe we are forever doomed to be a rag tag group of airsofters :-p When are you planning on getting the M733 and making a fine gun out of her?

p.s. weathers nice, heres hoping for a game if the airsoft gods are so kinda as to bless us with one. =D

• 3 months later...

New thought:

Flecktar-D tunic (Russian flecktarn)

Shadow trousers (Blue-ish urban tigerstripe)

Balaclava (OD or black)

"Naked Snake" Flight gloves (OD or black)

WWII US para jump boots (Brown leather)

TT 2-pc. MAV w/ X-harness and hydration carrier (OD or black)

WGC Custom M16A3 w/ M203 and Elcan or EoTech and Magpul MIAD and OD furniture

OK. Back to the drawing board on the gun-bit.

I don't want an Armalite. There are too many of them on my team (four out of the dozen of us: one M4A1 w/ RIS and M203, one SAM-R, one CQB-R-SD w/ M203, one M4A1 w/ SIR-system). I don't want a Kalashnikov, unless it's an AK-104 with a sidemount for a Kobra, but I'd rather like to get a gun that uses STANAG magazines. Problem is, though, that it's rather difficult to come up with a gun that would fit the bill, because every single one of the Armalites has RIS or a SIR-system on it. Our other guns are a couple of G36Cs, one P90, one G3 SAS, one RK/AK-103, and one MP5 (with an AKM, UMG, M14, and AK-74M as loaners, and an M93R, MP7A1, and Kimber Desert Warrior as sidearms).

So I'm in quite a pickle, as I need to match the tacticool factor of my teammates, without completely blowing the whole near-future insurgency-thing we have going on. So perhaps someone can help me and take a look at the issue from another angle.

What I'm looking for is this:

-Tacticool factor

-STANAG magazines

-NOT an Armalite

-NOT look out of place for a near-future insurgency or near-future third-world special operations unit or near-future mercenaries

Any help would be much appreciated!

If you want a rebel loadout generally the weapon would be either an AK variant because well Soviets like Global Chess Games or it would be the main weapon of the country you're rebelling against as you would be able to find the weapon itself, plus ammunition and parts. Just my h.o. of course.

Yup, FNC or Type 97 are good suggestions, they both take STANAG mags.

The Type 97 would look a bit out of place though, as it's still new in China, and not really available anywhere as far as I know (even if it's the export version of the issued assault rifle), and the airsoft replica is not out yet. Same goes for Type 89, SA80A2, FAMAS G2, HK G41, etc, which all use STANAG mags, are relativelly tacticool, but not likely to be available to your average revolutionary group.

Tacticool and readily available to civilians in the US (as firearms) are the FN F2000 and Robinson XCR, the later is not available in airsoft form (yet?)

I recon a shiny folding Mini-14 would have an overtacticool "A-Team" awesomeness!

I'd love to go with either the Type 97 or the F2000, but the Type 97 hasn't yet released and I'm not horribly impressed by what I've read of the MPEG F2000. Or an HK G41, but there is no airsoft G41.

As for the FNC, it would be a great choice, I think, but it's a Star (internal QC, cocking handle falling off) and the VFC FNC is not yet out.

Archived