Built Material: Full Metal with ABS Carrying Handle, Pistol Grip, Stock

Gear Box: /

Motor: /

Magazine: 6000 Rounds ( 6mm )

Length: 1240mm

Barrel Length: /

Weight: 5850g

Battery: Large Type

Muzzle Velocity: 305-325FPS ( with 0.2g BBs )

Package Includes: AEG, Carboard Box Magazine w/ Pouch, Manual CD

NOTE:

Do not hold the gun by the carrying handle only, otherwise the handle may break and cause injury / damage.

Tray Cover must be closed before shooting.

US$1400.00

I had a go with one of these the other day in a shop. Very impressive workmanship, very high quality indeed.

Only one thing though: It's really light.

I mean, I can appreciate a lighter weapon, especially when it comes to carrying it around all day, but really, it's so light it feels wierd. After all, it's over a meter long, but weighs less than a CA M249 Para.

I'm sure that light weight does feel really weird indeed, the real FN MAG type weapons weigh around 11kg (24lb) and even my A&K Minimi Mk1 weighs just under 6kg (13lb) when loaded. As things go it's not very heavy but it is heavier than my rifle and SMG AEGs which make me play in a different way and actually use the thing as a support weapon as opposed to an assault rifle on steroids. If I were lucky enough to have enough money to own a TH M240 I think I'd be looking for spaces to carefully add some ballast weights.

Does it really matter that they did? With the way the gun laws in this country are going its probably a good thing anyway.

Looks pretty good, but since it'd be practically useless I can't see myself spending £700 on one.

it'd only be good for operations which require mounted defense considering the M240 is meant to be mounted on something.

Otherwise it looks great, now if only I could win the lottery

Er not quite!

The FN MAG / L7A2 GPMG / M240 can be used in the mounted role (on vehicles/aircraft or on a tripod in the long range sustained fire role) or in the man carried "light role" fired from the attached bipod.

M240G.jpg

USMC M240G

M240B.jpg

US Army M240B

L7A2.jpg

British L7A2 GPMG

"NOTE:

Do not hold the gun by the carrying handle only, otherwise the handle may break and cause injury / damage.

Tray Cover must be closed before shooting."

A bit of a drag that you can't use the carry handle in the way you're supposed to. Then again, with its price being way over 'reasonably affordable', theres not much to worry about.

"NOTE:

Tray Cover must be closed before shooting."

A bit of a drag that you can't use the carry handle in the way you're supposed to. Then again, with its price being way over 'reasonably affordable', theres not much to worry about.

That will be one of the first aftermarket accessories I'll wager ;)

I wonder how they found out that the handle was weak. Whether they were looking at it and said "Hmm, that doesn't seem very strong," or they were playing around with it and all of a sudden it snapped.

Not really sure why I felt the need to share that. :unsure:

Looks cool anyhow.

I wonder how they found out that the handle was weak. Whether they were looking at it and said "Hmm, that doesn't seem very strong," or they were playing around with it and all of a sudden it snapped.

Now that you've mentioned it, WGC also warned against using the de-cocker lever on both TM and KJW SigP226's as doing this "may" cause the gun to discharge, which they never do. It could just be a precaution by WGC after seeing that the carry handle didn't look sturdy enough by their standards.

Archived